Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another humble post seeking for PvP advice

Another humble post seeking for PvP advice

I'm needing some advice from the experts here

I went shotgun yesterday, got sick of gankers and wanted to do something about it, so i went IPR crazy and maxed shotgun, aimed shot, (fling was already maxed) and still got some spare 400k IP to put in another skill, (maybe concealment?) to go with my ithaca snakemaster

My skills atm are: shotgun 875 (AR is 920), fling shot 779, aimed shot 1005

I fought a 208 enfo from my org and was far from impressed with the results. The only way i could do real dmg to him was with the "cheap" tactics, and everytime i stopped to do an AS (which only hit for like 850 dmg) he'd alpha me down to near death with slice'n dice and what not. AS recharge was 30secs, fling was like 7secs or so

My current set up is in my sig, i have 6.5k HP and 9.5k ACs atm, still working on dchest, 1k board and maybe HP sabas?

Anyone has any advice about what tactics i should use? what about my AR? how would i go about raising it! (i'm reperking genious and first aid to shotgun atm)
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Im not engi but about your weapon: Itachi is very luck dependant on the aimed shots: Normal AS are nothing impressive, but the trick is the critical AS. Also the As recharge time and fling shot gets a bit faster over time, it is not at it's best on your level. think it needs around 1500 to get 11 AS recharge(capped.).

About your tactics: Try to kite if that is possible, specialy vs melee opponents. Melee proffs have lot of hard time hitting you when you run around. If i remember correct pets still keep hitting your opponent when you are running in circile(kiting).
    Try to also get enough hp to not get alpha killed before your bio cocoon is up.

Be sure you have special blocker shield, with it is is pretty hard by anyone to kill you b4 you get bio coocoon up.

But enforcer is not really easiest mob for engi as far as i know. Try duel some soldier for example and it makes u a lot more happy
    Steelblade 220/30, RK2 Clan Doctor, General of Haven My Equip Upcoming Perks
    Zteelo 214/17 Clan Enf, RK2 --- Retired for now ---
    Zteel 208/13 Clan Mp, RK2 ---Retired Tradeskiller--
    Snipeshot 170/14 Clan Agent, RK2 > Active
    Roleplayer 105/7 Clan NT, RK2 --- Waiting for re-equip ---

not checking too much into your equip but you need aimed shot implants, and for the love of god use all def imped and not all off if you wanna pvp.
    I always use my ithaca on my crat. pvm aswell as pvp. not that i do any uber damage pvm wise but it works.
    Check Shibaris right wrist and eye. That should work for engies aswell i reckon. Right hand is the next one to replace when i get enough energy to farm me the last tokens for the 1k board
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Kiting an enforcer that knows what hes doing won't help much though. Its easy enough to do /follow, and he'll still hit you even if your running. You might be able to avoid his perk specials by kiting, since most of them have rather sort range (3m). Hitting him with more than just AS will probably hurt you more than it hurts him too, due to his damage shield.

As Steelblade says, enforcers are not easy to kill. Kiting is your best alternative though, standing face to face will get you killed very kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman
    not checking too much into your equip but you need aimed shot implants, and for the love of god use all def imped and not all off if you wanna pvp.
    I always use my ithaca on my crat. pvm aswell as pvp. not that i do any uber damage pvm wise but it works.
    Check Shibaris right wrist and eye. That should work for engies aswell i reckon. Right hand is the next one to replace when i get enough energy to farm me the last tokens for the 1k board
    I figured alldef won't be helping much in pvp. Engis have the lowest evades, evade clsc is +3 per level and +15 per shadowlevel, not to mention they're the first skills to reach title cap. They are maxed atm, around 900ish not counting alldef bonuses. If i go for an evade setup i might get +350 to alldef tops, and 1250 evades isn't gonna help me against people with 1.9k AR. That being, do you still advice going addalldef?

Any other advice? what do i do with the 400k spare IP

*Edit: i just saw you said you're a crat, dont you guys get like a huge addalldef buff and your evades are 4 per level/20 per shadowlevel? that may work for you, but i doubt it's gonna make the slight difference for an engi. Maybe (and most likely) you know something that i dont and so i'm open to suggestions/enlightment here
    Last edited by Silverado; Sep 25th, 2005 at 17:38:56.
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Hmm, just tried putting in AS in eye and shotgun/AS in right hand. That means i'm losing a HUGE chunk of MC/TS which prevents me from getting out another doggy as soon as the first one gets squished, and in a pvp fight i should be able to do that
    Last edited by Silverado; Sep 25th, 2005 at 20:19:18.
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    Hmm, just tried putting in AS in eye and shotgun/AS in right hand. That means i'm losing a HUGE chunk of MC/TS which prevent me from getting out another doggy as soon as the first one gets squished, and in a pvp fight i should be able to do that
    A Nano Controller unit would make up for the MC/TS loss in the eye though.

I need to get me one of those

Drop from generals? APF? trade skilled?
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Tradeskill item. You need a Disc of Cloudy Crystal and a Nano Programming Interface. Combine those two and you got a Nano Controller Unit. The Disc of Cloudy Crystal drops from generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    *Edit: i just saw you said you're a crat, dont you guys get like a huge addalldef buff and your evades are 4 per level/20 per shadowlevel? that may work for you, but i doubt it's gonna make the slight difference for an engi. Maybe (and most likely) you know something that i dont and so i'm open to suggestions/enlightment here
    dark blue evades but yeah we get alldeff.
    still i say go for the alldef. helps against low attackrating professions and helps against nanos from mobs/ppl.
    and our huge alldef buff also buffs our opponents working as intended (tm)
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Reset tradeskills.
    Redliner
    1/0 Solitus Martial Artist, Atlantean.
    Dead, buried, never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by redliner
    Reset tradeskills.
    Bump
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by redliner
    Reset tradeskills.
    Funny you say that

I reset EE and Chem

Now i gotta raise them back to around 1.5k so i can get my QL266 nano controller unit made (i bought it today)

So much for not knowing these things :/
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

dark blue evades but yeah we get alldeff.
    still i say go for the alldef. helps against low attackrating professions and helps against nanos from mobs/ppl.
    and our huge alldef buff also buffs our opponents working as intended (tm)
    Yes, nano resistance is a good point.

I'll take your advice and go addalldef
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Dont listen to these guys =p

Get a rifle, preferably a zastaba, and go full def. Fast recharge, good damage and easily accessible agent buffs, TTS and UA. Evade is good but not important, go with max hp. Everyone and their mother will be able to perk you anyways. Max NR. Stay alive

BTW You don't have to implant RH and Eye, that's just DUMB!
    Last edited by Bucckevin; Sep 26th, 2005 at 21:00:46.

well more attackrating + more aimed shot = faster recharge and better hits = more chance to kill the opponent.
    so no you dont have to but if you want to pvp that is probably what you will need to do.
    zastaba is another option yes but ithaca is most likely better and much more so since you can train shotgun masteries perkline.
    atleast get the right wrist implanted with aimed shot.
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

atleast get the right wrist implanted with aimed shot.
    It is

And btw the current setup on my sig is not what i actually have on, but what i'm working on

Still need 1k board, dchest, azure/otaf and updated sabas, hopefully will get it all by the end of this week
    Last edited by Silverado; Sep 27th, 2005 at 17:18:05.
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

About Snakemaster, evades, ac, hp and as.

Atm myself i got 1405 evades, and 2000 NR. got 500 Add all def, and if im running the -1210 offence aura, noone able to perk me while they are blinded, if not they use mongo rage ^^.

Managed to get 1731 AS skills but had to sacrefice a few implants ofcourse.

Yea, back to snakemaster.. Snakemaster is a pwnt shotgun and i used it myself before. Just get as high AS as possible, and same with shotgun. When you get thoes 2 skills some higher you can fire a prity nasty alpha, and AS would be most of the time 20 - 40% of the targets hp. Change some implants and put on ql 250+ implants instead. Try get CSS armor, and whatever other things you can get.

Hp, yea thats pwnt to.. Use as much hp stuff as you can find, if you dont got cash for CSS armor, you could try use reactive armor + t3 gloves and back. Would increase your hp a lot.

Ac is great to have a lot to, so people do minimum dmg on you.

---

But the most important part vs enforcers, is to time everything right. If you got enough hp to survive an alpha. (then i mean you starting to spam Bio cocoon when the stuns hit you) and dont die before its applyed, you can do great against them.

Why not go for Energy Carbine - Type 3?
    We have perks for RE too and u can equip ql 300 at 220.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

yep :P but re perks sucks, and cant hit anything with them. Re perks goes on evade clcs, but shotty goes on duck exp.
    + re perks got way longer recharge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast