Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These are our patch notes?!?

Good news

Yes this is great news. I'm level 150 and I'm sick of missions, I cant stand them anymore. The best times I had hunting were low levels at outdoor camps...it has a uncertainity about it. never know how many are going to come, you could die the next pull. Unlike missions, where I probably havent died in one(other than a bug) in about 40 levels....this is the best patch ever.

BoomDoom, then vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere then. Pretty simple.

Originally posted by Ulujain
    BoomDoom, then vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere then. Pretty simple.
    I did that once, and so have lots of us in the past.

Careful what you wish for. If enough of us do that there will be no game left for you to play.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Originally posted by BoomDoom

Careful what you wish for. If enough of us do that there will be no game left for you to play.
    That doesn't sound like a realistic possibility. You enjoy the game to much, remember?

I like the game too much to quit right now. But, i already did quit once way back when and denied them my money for 6 months. You'd think that's the kind of thing they'd listen too (since there was a mass exodus last year), but they never learn.

One word: .

Originally posted by Blueprint
    That doesn't sound like a realistic possibility. You enjoy the game to much, remember?
    I do enjoy the game, a whole lot. I can't stand Funcom, but i like their game. Problem is, some day, some company that has good customer support and great communication is going to make another game that i like almost as much, and I'll pick great customer service and a good game over terrible service and communication and a great game any day of the week. And I doubt I'm alone.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Mindful of that hackneyed phrase "the customer is always right": I'll believe it when I see it.

By the way, BoomDoom, a more expansive concept of "customer service" should really include the product itself (unless you're a hardliner with respect to the product/services dichotomy, which is really a false one). If you allow for that; and AO really is a great game; then it would follow that Funcom's customer service is at least pretty good.

I hope you'll humor me with my analysis, because taking all the things you say at face value is too confusing: it demands some between-line reading (especially given that I took the time to click on the link in your sig: if I never saw that and only saw your posts in the forums, I'd have had you pegged as a Ralph Nadir (sic) "consumer activist" type).

Jeez people....

It said Focus, not patch notes. At least wait until monday and see if they get complete notes up before you start the rant.
    And if I'm correct they have different teams working on different parts of the game so if one team get done with something before another I see no harm in putting that out before the other promised stuff. Thus would merging the two patches only delay this one until they are done with the next.
    AND it might be smart to keep em apart so that the patch dont grow too large, that can cause unwanted problems.

I think highlevel content sounds great, it's one of the things this game lacks the most. Can't wait to see the patch notes.

Yummy outside stuff. Yummy high level stuff. Sounds like a good one to me. I just hope its a story patch too.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Yes, I should add...

14.5: sounds good. Fortunately, I'm quite comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.

Of course, as with everything else in life: we'll see. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Then please do it again.

What is wrong with you lot? are you totally retarded?

This post says "Focus: Outdoor hunting" "No ETA" in a few days or weeks another post will be along with more information and finally a date and a contents list.

Doesnt the fact that the patch has NO DAMN ETA get through your thick skulls? it's not a full set of information it's just whats known now. Fine, they could have waited a few more weeks and told us more concrete information but what damn good would that have done? I'd rather know vaguely whats coming with more detail when it becomes available.

I suppose when Microsoft anounces it's product strategy for the next n years with an operating system codename xyz released in Q1 2050 you'll be ringing uncle Bill up telling him he's incompetent for not giving you full information now... "gooddamnit I'm a customer and I deserve better Bill! this is an insult Bill!"

Sheesh.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Rarrrrrrrgh!!!! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! %)(/&)¤%/(==)(/=)(/=)(/=
    /me eats the preliminary patch notes and goes to bed!
    Come out with your pants down!

Wow my thread has become popular

Btw, I'm now pissed that there is nothing about the patches still. Now going and support my New Idea! Don't have to say anything, just bump it. Pleeeease
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Blueprint
    By the way, BoomDoom, a more expansive concept of "customer service" should really include the product itself (unless you're a hardliner with respect to the product/services dichotomy, which is really a false one). If you allow for that; and AO really is a great game; then it would follow that Funcom's customer service is at least pretty good.
    I think of it in three different categories:

1) Product. This is the actual game. Well, i like the game a whole lot, so Funcom gets very high marks on the game. This includes the things in the box, the concept, and basic mechanics. I'm very happy there.

2) Support. This includes patches, downloads, server maintenance, and any techincal support that may be required. I have never needed techincal support (which counts as a plus) and I'm basically happy with the server maintenance, although less lag is always nice. I am currently unhappy with their patching, but over all marks are good here.

3) Customer service. This is where i Feel (and I'm not alone) that Funcom is just aweful. This includes all communication between customer and service provider. This ranges from ARKS, to reinbursement policies for characters, to the forums. In this area Funcom is so bad I wonder why they even bother at all. I also wonder why after a year of being told their Customer Service sucks they havn't fixed it. Great customer service can cover up almost any other deficiency in a product. I'd like for Funcom to someday realize that.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

ETA - Not soon enough
    Fix for the customer service bug
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

There are hunting grounds also for high level ppl. what is wrong at the moment is not that they don't exist, but the poor XP you get from them.

Medusas for examle give really bad XP while they are about as hard to kill as Veteran Enf-types.

In order to make outdoor hunting viable at higher levels they really need to add much more XP from mobs then currently. BS missions are the best we got at the moment, as mission rewards give that max 5% of the total XP needed to gain a level.

At level 176, I am currently getting XP roughly like this.

Average mobs give around 28k-50k XP and you usually have around 50-80 of the in team missions, so lets say we get in average of 32k per mob.

1.6m-2.6m XP per missions from killing mobs.
    1.5m XP per missions as a reward.

To make outdoor hunting viable, they need to almost triple the XP currently received from mobs that are out there...while making them no harder to kill then Veterans are around ql 190 missions.

Who is wishing for anything? I couldn't personally give a rats whether you play this game or not. My point remains valid; if you don't like it, leave. Just like a bad movie in the cinemas.

If Funcom folds tomorrow, which is always on the cards, I guess we'll all meet again in the NBT.

Originally posted by Zizayu
    Well, maybe they have listened to the community.
    At patch 14.2 or 14.4, people were so pissed off at the bugs that came along, anf started to flame FC for being so eager to get the patches out, and that it would be better to really test them more before release. Maybe thats what they are doing now, and now you are all bitc*ing about the time it takes for the patch to get released. Take a chill-pill, play and have some fun...

my 2 cents

if they are testing it...then why the hell hasnt test been patched?
    President of Midnight Reveries

Still in internal testing I presume.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Yeah, that is one of the things DAoC had right was the constant patching to their test server. They put out an initial patch, sees how people dealt with it, then adjust it, observe, then adjust it again, then release it. Oh they screwed their customers over in differant areas of course, that seems to be par for the course with MMOs today. However, I am confident with all the new MMOs coming out, that attitude won't last. Heck, even Verant has seen some significant attitudes changes about customers. If only we could get only the good parts of several of the MMOs out today. I am going to start a thread about that.

Martin
    Martin

Thumbs down *sigh*

Intenseheat, no, as Rothwinter said, that's not the patch notes. We'll post the patch notes when we have them, and they will be named "patch notes" not "patch focus".

A bunch of stuff will be fixed / added in 14.6. But due to all that stuff in 14.6, it's gonna take time to get all the code done. In the meantime, we add a content patch, i.e. 14.5. We could hold off the content until 14.6, but I doubt you'd want that.

Sandtrap, reimbursement tool (lost items tool) is being worked on beside the patches, so it might be ready any time.

Grandmusta, kind'a correct on the even and odd numbers. Even numbers were scheduled patches, while odd numbers were in-between patches when we had to fix stuff that couldn't wait for the next scheduled patch.

Consider 14.5 a content fix which we don't want to wait with, and you have what was more or less intended with the odd numers.

Shard, sorry, but "stuff" got pulled. It will be in 15.6 instead.

---

I'll see what I can dig up next week.

C'ya! /me runs off to play a bit on his spare time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast