Thread: Story Organizations...

Story Organizations...

So I was hunting bothackers in Pleasant Meadows with a group of friends when suddenly I receive orders from Omni-Pol.

[Omni-Pol Command]: Clan disturbance detected in Meetmedere. All available Omni-Pol are ordered to investigate and keep the peace. Do you accept these orders? Yes or no?

I accept the orders and a mission icon appears.

------------------------
    Mission Info:
    Description: Omni-Pol orders you to travel to Meetmedere and ensure the peace and safety Omni-Tek employees for 1 hour (You must work under 25% suppresion gas or lower). You may receive a bonus if your actions lead to the death of several clan members.

Payment: 100,000 credits, 5 tokens
    ------------------------

My team member receives similar orders by Omni-Med in that they require support in case things get out of hand and violence errupts.

... So we both depart for Meetmedere. There to greet us are not only several Omni-Pol and Omni-Med, but loads of unruly clan members. The battle has already begun, and we jump into the fray. Several of our fellow citizens are injured and my partners promptly begins his healing routine to bring them back to good health. Myself, I grab my support beam and start bashing any and every clan member I see. W00t!!

[OOC] So you may ask how did the clan members get there? Well their clan story organizations gave them a similar tell:

[Knights of Camelot]: Omni-Tek injustices reported by fellow clan members in the vicinity of Meetmedere. All available knights unite and defend our freedom! Will you join the cause? Yes or no?
    Last edited by Cyclotron; Aug 8th, 2002 at 15:26:26.

Re: Story Organizations...

The problem with this sort of thing is that it's only a relatively small percentage of the population that is interested in PvP under the current (broken) system.

Content should be usable by a larger percentage of the population.

~Hoopspro

That's just it though, Hoops - if you were to get a token, cash, and experience reward for joining a mass PVP battle, more people would do it. As it is, PVP is meaningless outside of T raids. Nothing to win.

If you also make it so that you gain the reward win or lose in the PVP area, then it becomes pure encouragement to go out and have fun.

Oh, and remove titles. I'm sick of title farmers, title-seeking gankers, and title-huggers.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.