Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Silverado's little DD guide

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    Carboncopy, i am adding your contributions to the original posts if you don't mind
    Don't mind at all.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Thumbs up

Very nice guide, all actual information needed about DD at one place!

Thank you

Altho this is a DD guide I'd like to say something about the ql300 Nizno grenade gun! It does way more damage than the Bacam-Xum altho a little less than dual pistols. You'll need 580 or so ranged inits to be at max speed with it.

Alot of engineers seem to forget that gun. But if you wanna PvP, forget them pistols. You wont hit anything (trox) or anybody (the rest) with pistols.
    Enrubi 220/22 Engineer RK1
    Enkee 196/8 Keeper RK1
    Endoc 80/0 Doctor RK1
    Enlil 137/4 NT RK1
    Enfix 179/4 Fixer RK1

"Those that cavalierly reject the Theory of Evolution, as not adequately supported by facts, seem quite to forget that their own theory is supported by no facts at all!" - Herbert Spencer

Wrong thread for the second half of your post, I believe...
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Just came back from a short vacation and still didn't have a close look, but looks like a great guide.
    I'm currently using Urbane Pants of Libra which are quite cheap from pande raids (usually ffa) and add +10 pistol among other nice things.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

That's right, libra pants

I use them too, how could i forget those :O
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    Just came back from a short vacation and still didn't have a close look, but looks like a great guide.
    I'm currently using Urbane Pants of Libra which are quite cheap from pande raids (usually ffa) and add +10 pistol among other nice things.
    update your equip in sig then
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by RedKross
    update your equip in sig then
    Did a major overhaul, just 5-7 more days then it's over and I'll post it all
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Did a major overhaul, just 5-7 more days then it's over and I'll post it all
    I updated my sig the pistols are not in place yet as of today, will need 5-7 days more. But all the rest is already in, I think I'll make a long post about the experience after it's over. But that's completly off topic for this thread, over and out.

You must look butt ugly
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

'Grats on pointing out the obvious and still leaving half a dozen items out.

If you want to see a complete list and not what some half-wit remembers, just go to www.aomainframe.com and use the search feature to select all items that buff Pistol, or whatever skill you are trying to use. (http://www.aomainframe.com/search.as...ol&Search=True, for pistols as an example.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs

If you want to see a complete list and not what some half-wit remembers, just go to www.aomainframe.com and use the search feature to select all items that buff Pistol, or whatever skill you are trying to use. (http://www.aomainframe.com/search.as...ol&Search=True, for pistols as an example.)
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...at/guidelines/
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

You must look butt ugly
    Yeah, I don't like it either. Much preferred complete T3 like I used to be.
    Anyway, this is temporary until full combined, and it does serve the purpose of being a little unique. I'll post a new screencap this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs
    use the search feature to select all items that buff Pistol
    If I ever heard a totally useless suggestion this must be it. You think all of us in the engi community are morons? You think all of us can't do a search? Then why on earth do you think we all find this is a good guide and you think otherwise? Maybe because it is practical and helpfull? Maybe because it is based on actuall experience rather than half-witted search?

If you have a PRACTICAL item to suggest which wasn't mentioned go ahead and do that. If you want to insult the entire community, I suggest you do it somewhere else.
    And that too.

I didn't notice the first creation of sagi added to pistol, i always saw it as mostly a RE buffing item. As for the subspace mesh and its derivates i completely forgot about it because it's an extremely rare find

I'll be adding those 2 items the guide, and as for "leaving half a dozen items out" the ones i left out are either alien armor which i did cover by mentioning CC and then all those little buffing pistols that are inferior and less practical than the MTI Geyser, you'd think any half-wit noticed that

Then there's a couple of more obscure items like the pistol ebony fig (which i have never seen ingame) and artillery crepuscule armor for which i have also never seen baubles drop or even being sold, and the bonus is insignificant even at ql300 (which you're very unlikely to find)
    Last edited by Silverado; Feb 5th, 2006 at 12:25:10.
    Equipment - Screenshot

Equipment - Screenshot

Has anyone ever actually used a higher ql flux/sentient corrosion sprayer combo to test the damage vs. a solar-powered machinist/CDR combo? With engineer inits that is. I'm rather curious about the results, besides the fact that the second combo can be equipped much earlier.
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

MA expertise on pets adding AR? Since when exactly? I know for certian it dosent add dmg, but I was wondering how exactly you know it adds AR?
    Executive and Spiritual leader of the Role playing juggernaut that is Dark Front.

How to kill an agent in under 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    It'll be awesome like second life where you see 12foot tall penises walking around and furries will have a strong foothold in Omni Ent

Quote Originally Posted by Skankman
    MA expertise on pets adding AR? Since when exactly? I know for certian it dosent add dmg, but I was wondering how exactly you know it adds AR?
    It is well known, and tested, that SL bots use the SL_Low_400 weapon. Look there and you will see it uses MA as the AR.

artillery crepuscule armor for which i have also never seen baubles drop or even being sold, and the bonus is insignificant even at ql300 (which you're very unlikely to find)

I have found some artillery baubles, Ely, Scheol, Adonis, none in pen so far as I have yet to find the mob that drops, granted the ql is only between 80-170 that I found atm.

Just my 10 cents.

Light Distance/Ranged Weapons Guide +2 to +4 depending on QL (from certain sided mobs in SL)
    Since I saw this question asked many times, I think it is worth mentioning that for clan the best version ingame is the +2. I can dig a reference to a thread mentioning where it can be found (which I personally verrified) if someone wants.

Another thing that I think will be usefull is a bried discussio about burst/fling buffing. It was very usefull for me to learn the max fling needed, and a list of burst buffing items will be very usefull I'm sure.

Another thing that came to my mind is that the you don't fully cover perks. From DD perspective I think the best is:

Regular Perks: after 8 perks in Pistol Mastery and 10 in Bio Shielding (yes, not pure DD, but the best perk IMHO), I suggest 8 in Power Up. Although the specials will never land, it's still +damage modifier, and Energize for 1/4 of the time is great. Following that I'd go with 10 Shotgun Mastery, again for pure +damage. This leaves one with 4 perks, I find 2 in Genius and 1 in Cartographer usefull, or maybe Enhance DNA.

AI Perks: 10 in Champion of Light Artillery, 10 in Champion of Nano Combat (again, not pure DD, but usefull), and frankly, I have no idea what to do with the next 10. Well, 3 in Alien Technology Expertise, so next 7.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast