Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: /me steps up onto her soap box....

/me steps up onto her soap box....

I just wanted to take the time to speak about a little pet peeve that I have developed recently. There have been a number people coming into Rompas (and other bars) advertising their clubs, events, organizations, and shows. During Wyld's show the other night, someone came in spamming the room with info about a party at another Omni Club. Not only is this rude to the people running the party, It is rude to the guests attending and also give a bad reputation to the club or organization you are advertising for.

If you wish you make an announcement about a party that you are holding, please either post it here on the bulliten boards, or, ask the person running the party/club that you are visiting if you, or they might be able to advertise for you.

<<ooc: Although this is only a "game" You must stop to realize that the real flesh human on the other end of the computer has put a lot of time and effort into their events and clubs.. and it is really disheartening to see this kind of thing happen. I understand freedom of speech. And I understand advertising tactics.. but before you choose to ruin someone else's party, please think of alternate ways to advertise that would not be as disturbing.>>

Thank you for your time and future Curtesy.
    ~*~Aktrez~*~

/me steps down from her soap box and returns to Rompas
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Arrow There is a name for that.

It's called Piggy backing Aktrez.

People hop others events and advertise. It's quite sad and tacky.
    Players that do these events put blood sweat and tears into them. It's a shame to see them disrespected in such a manner.

It would take all of 3 minutes to message the organizer of an event and say "Do you mind if I make a shout out about <blah blah>. You'd show your on the up and up and prolly get more support than you'd get with the piggy backing.

GOT MANNERS?
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Exclamation Relax! Inc.'s position

I just want to post Relax! Inc.'s position on this matter here for public display. We do not condone, or support anyone doing the activity Aktrez describes. I know I don't appreciate it when I am doing a show and someone comes in and does that, so I extend the same courtesy to others. IF someone spammed any one of our show times or schedules at someone elses show, it was not authorized or even known to us at Relax!. Our Guild members would not do that, and if it was done by someone outside the Guild, we really have no control over that. Sometimes fans do get a little overzealous, but we all like to get along, theres plenty of room for more entertainment on Rubi-Ka.

DJ Mikal 'Shadowrunrr' Catt
    >Mikal 'Shadowrunrr' Catt - Email: shadowrunrr
    >RK1ROX - Radio Free Rubi-ka - Pirate Radio for the People

De****able

Since I have spoken to Aktrez about this personally I know that the party being advertised was in fact one of ours, at Relax!.

As the person responsible for outside advertising all I can do is appologize for this gross transgression. No one on our staff was ever authorized to advertise at someone else's show.

I know I speak not only for myself but for my partners, Shadowrunrr and Liss, when I say that this is entirely unnacceptable.

It is our policy at Relax! Inc. to support any and all entertainment on Rubi-Ka, and to specifically avoid competition. We try to schedule our events around other publicized events. And if this is not possible we usually mention the other parties that are currently going on over our station so people are well informed.

I would like to apologize personally to Wyldthing, Aktrez, and everyone at the Rompa's party. You can be sure that this will not happen again. And if for some reason it does please, please report it to me so I may stop it as soon as possible.
    Threx
    Marketing Director
    GridStream Productions
    Listen @ http://stream.gridstream.com

I agree w/ Aktrez 100%. However one tactic I fail to agree w/ is doing it back to the person just for spite.
    Two wrongs do not make a right. Vixen is also guilty of returning fire.
    I just hope all parties can come to some sort of organized agreement and we can all prevent any mishaps such as this in the future.
    We all have feelings, as Aktrez mentioned. And it's an incredible insult and direct disrespect to an individual when such things as the above occur.

<<ooc-- Calm your happy ass's down, grab a dance partner and PAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYYY!!!>>

With love and respect,
    -Tris

[edit] Just to clear things up. My comment regarding the return fire of Vixen Ent was not meant to be offensive. Im aware it was not done to directly insult me personaly. I did recieve a tell from the person who done it and they explained that they weren't aware of my spinning that night. Regardless of my presence at this location, I still feel that it was childish on the behalf of both parties. I did however thank the lady for her apology and admitting that she was wrong. [/edit]
    Last edited by Tristalyn; Aug 7th, 2002 at 23:39:48.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

<<ooc: I don't really belond here, but I just had to say something, I find it really weird that you guys do "Relax!." Instead of Relax. or Relax!, Dunno Ima fool.>>

May I also just clear up Trist,

I was unaware that this person from Vixen had done this until I logged on the next day and received a very appoligetic tell from her. She was playing under an alternate character when the occurance happend at Rompas and was very upset by this. She then said that she followed the perpatrator back to Baboons where she yelled the message at her... not knowing that you were playing. It was by no means directed towards you or your listeners.. but to the one person who had yelled it in Rompas (Again, with no tact may I add.. from either party)

She has not only appoligized to you.. but to me as well. I just want you to know that "Vixen Entertainment" had nothing to do with that occurance. This was a single individual who happend to be a vixen member.

That is another thing that I want to stress. I do not by any means blame RELAX! for any of this. I am simply stating to the individuals involved that this is something that needs to stop. People are people.. individuals and will make mistakes. It is unfair to fault the guild for something one member does. Especially if it has already been taken care of.

No offense to you at all Trist, that just hurt a bit to read that post on the public boards and I wanted to clear it up. Vixen has gotten a lot of false press recently and I don't want you all to think we are some disrespectful guild being hypacrites.(sp)

Thanks
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

-=nods=-

Everything you just said I have already mentioned in my post.
    I know the situation... and it's not the fact that I was spinning at all.. Just the fact that it was a "he did it so Im gonna do it back" type of ordeal.

No hard feelings on my end. Only tryin to make that good 'ol point I know is flyin around here somewhere. A bit hard to grasp at times but I'm gettin there -=smiles=-
    GridStream
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3

Two wrongs don't make a right? on the contrary, revenge is quite a delicous dish. But of course I'm evil through and through. I believe that hatred and vengeance should be freely distributed among your most hated enemies, after all, you'll feel better after a petty act of revenge. *smiles*
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Sure Shizara.. That's all fine and good.. if you're a MEANIE!
    GridStream

well here's how I figure, niceness pays off rarely. You leave yourself open to exploitation, people will always try to walk over you and ruin your fun because they see you as an easy target.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Angry Sorry but not sorry.

Dear Aktrez

I am one of the ad men for Relax, first off although I did not tell Wyldthing I was an ad man, I made damn sure that first off her show had ended and was tuned in to her great show (blow to the head hehe). Once it had finished I then came bolting in and shouted out the ad.

In this respect I see that I did no wrong, if there is a rule to not advertise whatsoever, it should be made apparent, black and white. If however there was some others that had done so and not I then please inform me, as it seems I may be the number one suspect. Please ask Wyldthing to clarify that I asked when her show was ending, thank you ma'am.
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

Sightsee, there are no rules about advertising - there is only tact and respect. Going into Rompas and advertising a Relax event is like (warning: bad example coming up but I'm tired) going into Burger King and advertising McDonalds. Sure, you can do it and technically there's nothing wrong with it, but it isn't a very neighborly thing to do. If someone wants to advertise an event, there're a bunch of other ways to do it that aren't intrusive.
    Last edited by Nevver; Aug 8th, 2002 at 12:07:26.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Thumbs down Nevver, I have respect dear

I aint even Relax Inc. So theres no use making it a 'lack of respect' thats just BS. Advertising in Roompa's about any event therefore is wrong? I didnt guiltly advertise either, I waited for Wyldthings event to finish, so there is no lack of respect. (By the way in RL I have eaten KFC in Burger King as my friend wanted to eat that).

I don't care if you all disrespect me after this or falme me as you all don't even know me. I had hoped that at least Aktrez did a little and see that I as a player am not a person to be rude, I hope that those who have known me in AO have realised this Nevver.

It seems that soon these unwritten invisible rules will exist outside to in the towns... Whats next? AO is a place for fun, why be this picky? I come here to escape all of that stuff, and here I'm getting it too, what a joke! If there are rules for each damn club, then please for God sake make it known! Post it here if advertising is not allowed (outside a party), then say so. I think its a fair enough request. But I'm sure someone will find faults to this reply too.
    Last edited by SinisterCake; Aug 8th, 2002 at 04:13:24.
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

Okay, let's put the whole "while a party was going" thing aside - since that apparently isn't the problem.

Advertising a party isn't going to make or break Rompa's. If it was done OUTSIDE of a show already finshed, I don't see a problem with someone letting people know there is an entertainment event going on *gasp* somewhere else. Other than Wyld's show, I don't recall anything else going on at Rompa's that night.

Call me rude, but the intent is what matters to me, and I doubt the intent of advertising a party when there wasn't one currently going on(someone may have done this while another event was going on - and that I don't condone) was malicious.

If someone *continuously* spams another event during an event - fine.

This whole entertainment thing is getting way too competitive for my tastes, lately.
    Last edited by sezmra; Aug 8th, 2002 at 05:08:05.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

I dont like newbis btw They smell bad and cry allot ;P

And LMAO Saletor that was the only good post lol. ;P

(OOC) Since this conversation is primarily an OOC one, that is how I shall make my post. Out of Character.

This is getting WAAAAAAY out of hand here. The simple fact that remains true, no matter who is doing the advertising: Don't advertise for Baboon's in Rompas, don't advertisee for Reets in Baboons. I don't care whether you are part of the guild in question or not, I don't care if you are a faithful fan, I don't care if you God himself... have respect for the all the clubs, and whomever it is that is running them, and those patrons who are in them.

Use this tactic: /s Party happening, send me a tell for details!

Guess what, you haven't offended anyone and you can still get your messege across. Manners is something I am seeing less and less of in this game, and it is really starting to tick me off.

When did we stop being human beings? When did we stop respecting our fellow man? Yeah, it's just a game, but guess what... there are human beings connected to each and every pixelated cartoon image in that game.

Show some gawd dang respect for krists sake. Geezuz.

/me gives Atkrez back her soap box.
    ~*~ Wyldthing
    Director of GridStream Productions
    Bringing the best in Live entertainment to all of Rubi-ka!

Assistant Manger of Reets Retreat in Stret West Bank (RK1)

An idea on how to spread the word with out spamming another party

Now I know that I may get flamed for this due to the "spam" issue, however I have tried a little trick with my engi bot that works very well for getting word out of meetings / parties.
    Write a script that sets you bot off advertising the event using pet chat, delays and /pet hunt. Then set the bugger off in a well passed area.

Macmoo Pet Bert: Come to the groovey fab party at "X"
    delay of 2 min
    Macmoo Pet Bert: Get down at THE event of the year at "X"
    delay of 30 sec
    Macmoo Pet Bert: Only 10 cred entry and 1st drink is free
    delay 5 min
    Repeat

Just an idea and a bit more creative than crashing a party and pissing peole off.

Re: Nevver, I have respect dear

Sightsee, I know you to be a person who is not rude. That's the impression that I got early on and I don't even know you very well except from the few times that I've spoken with you in-game. I'm not trying to point fingers at you as I wasn't there and don't know who Aktrez is talking about. I was just trying to make the point that Wyld did so much better than me.

Boomer, that's the kind of stuff that I mean. There are other ways to get people to an event other than crashing another one or going to another club.
    Last edited by Nevver; Aug 8th, 2002 at 12:41:51.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast