Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bureaucrat Wish List

Bureaucrat Wish List

This is our wishlist for Silirrion that consist of the 10 top things crats would like to see improved. Note that the buglist is a different list. This list can include issues, new features, or improvements. I collected these items from threads on this forum. I tried to keep the descriptions as brief as possible.

Free feel to report anything you would like to see, items, nanos, perks, procs... The more ideas you bring, the better.

Many issues are still intact from Czarina's list and Szentasha's list of Feb 15, 2004... the old list can be found here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=239029

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current wishlist from Lunaspell is here : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=482384 (rebuild from scratch)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Improved nuke that is higher and more powerful than Rule of One and without so much taunting.
    • We would like a nuke to upgrade to from Rule of One. This seems like a huge oversight with the nano upgrades from Shadowlands.
    • Rule of One currently has a very high taunt rating. We would like to see this reduced on future nukes.
    • We would like to see nukes with a secondary effect (debuf) that will give us more of a rule in pvp. It would be reasonable to have the taunt by higher on a nuke that has a secondary effect compared to the taunt on a nuke that does straight damage. A good secondary affect would be reducing nano resistance or a chance of stunning the target.
    • Nukes should be based on Psychological modification (green skill) and have resonably low resist check, due to high nano resist values players can reach and our low skills, which we cant self buff.

2) Robotic Pets Past Corporate Guardian
    • Tests have proven that even the Corporate Guardian is not very effective compared to QL200 pets of any profession. Please improve this bot.
    • One suggestion that was given is to allow the bot to occasionally take a hit or damage intended for the crat. It is a bodyguard, afterall.
    • By level 220, the current Robotic Pet is very underpowered considered to the powers of other professions. The damage done in PvP by a corporate guardian is often hardly noticeable. As a result, crats under level 220 find great difficulty PvPing without any charms and a severely weak pet as their only options.
    • I'd suggest adding a 212 and 218 Bots... it's ok for the bots to be weaker than opposing pet classes, but we should be able to use them effectively in PvP... a way to do this is not to improve their min damage, but to up their max damage.. also increased hit points are needed on higher bots, the current level is too weak for endgame content.

3)Effectiveness in PVP
    It doesn't seem as though we have a role or impact in pvp, especially high level pvp. Anything to give us a greater role in PVP would be helpful. I've moved this to #3 on our wishlist, since the first two items would greatly help us in PvP as well.
    Problems include:
    • Our calms aren't practical in pvp.
    • Roots and snares don't hold. They don't land often enough in high level pvp. Many professions have high resistance to those that do land and plenty of perks and items in game completely remove the roots/snares.
    • It would be nice if our nuke had a secondary effect beyond damage.
    • Crats have serious problems overcoming high nano resist values, due to low, blue skill based AR on nanos.
    • Lack of convenient pets, effective profession-specific weapons, and a new high level nuke keeps our damage output low in pvp. Crats below level 219 have no access to a good charm in PvP, unless fighting another pet class.
    • Crats have absolutely no healing capabilities at all. This is a major imbalancing factor working against us in pvp. In addition, evades are the only defensive ability of the Crat Profession and even those are weaker than quite a few other professions that do have heals or other defensive abilities.

4) Add New Crowd Control Tools
    • Add a new Snares that are in line with todays game
    • Add new Calms that are in line with Traders and NTs
    • Add new Roots that are short duration but much harder to break and not breakable through perks/items
    • Add High level Short Duration Charms
    • Also the AI given to our Robotic Pets so that they don't run off to attack our charms, etc. was not given to our Charms. Charms need to have the same control... since we have our mind control on them, they shouldn't have a mind of their own!

5) Psychic debuff
    • Bureaucrats would like an item or nano that reduces a targets psychic. The few points offered by the briefcase are not significant.
    • This would provide Bureaucrats some benefit in finding suitable pets in Inferno and Pandemonium

6) Immunity of raid-level mobs to bureaucrat powers
    • Most raid-level mobs on RubiKa and Shadowlands are immune to bureaucrat powers including charm, calm, stun, fear, root, and snare. This leaves the bureaucrat community feeling as though we don't have a role in these encounters. This is a serious problem in Pandemonium.
    • With Traders and NanoTechs now being better calmers in many instances to crats, Crats are truly left without a role in large scale raids other than enhancing people with Heroic Measures and Commanding Presence.
    • In large scale raids Pets often only respond after 30 seconds or so... this results in them not often even hitting the mobs in real laggy situations.

7) New Defensive Auras to Debuff oppenents are needed.
    • All debuff speeches have too short a duration. Its a pain casting them over and over again. They are not useful enough to bother in most situations. Their Range is also too short and 1 meter and become unuseable in PvP as a result since you have to stand right on top of a player for that type of range. They need to be expanded out to at least 20 meter range.
    • Our NR debuff speech is probably our most important one but they do not drain enough NR to be that useful. Our best one drains NanoResist -98.
    • Perhaps the debuff lines should debuff a % rather than a set number so that they can keep up with a progressive game
    • The nano-bot debuff seems underpowered. 336 every 20 seconds for the best one does counter the effect of a good NT nano-bot buff, but is too slow to make a difference with the huge nano pools that are out there now. This is viewed as a PVP nano.
    • A very nice nano would be a NEW endgame aura… this would be an aura that contains the effects of the previous auras combined… a hostile Aura that debuffs both Nano Resist and Crit Decrease

8) New Offensive Auras to Enhance Self and Teammates are needed
    • Let the Crat Aura’s buff at the base attack rating effect, i.e. +1 to the multiplier for 400 points in AR. Currently, this drops off sharply after 1,000 AR… so most people notice no effect from the buff…. This was technically a very high nerf to the crat professions raid viability when it was put in game.
    • Remove the Crat Crit Aura from the same buff line as the MA Mark of Peril Nano. This will allow crats to have a benefit to team and to raids.
    • A very nice nano would be a NEW endgame aura… this would be an aura that contains the effects of the previous auras combined… an AoE aura that does BOTH crit and add all off/def

9) Add Crat Specific Weaponry
    • Need two lines of crat specific weaponry: Shotguns and Pistols
    • Give these weapons Proc effects
    • Give these weapons Dodge/Duck checks of Less than 100%
    • Make pets trigger active LE procs on hit.

10) Adjustment to Crat Specific Perk Lines
    Our perks aren't very good, and they are perk point intensive. Note the number of perk points required to master in the below descriptions. Some specific problems are:
    • All other casting professions get more total nano skill bonuses than us.
    • It is also dissapointing that there are no perks to enhance our Charms and that our perk aura doesn't boost our pets.
    • Commanding Presence: 10 level perk with no specials of any kind. Some personal modifiers and perks would be nice considering the 10 pt investment.
    • Directorship: 10 level perk. This line becomes useless to the crat at 220 (even with research) and takes many weeks to untrain (until 17.2). Insurance Agent has a similar problem. Enhancing Personal Modifiers or adding extra beneficial perks for 220 crats would be very useful.
    • Bureaucrat Shuffle: 10 level perk, passive bonuses provided by the perk line(+220 hp, +40 to DogeRng, EvadeCls, Duck) are underpowered. This is likely one of the biggest investment, lowest return on investment lines in game
    • Bureaucrats should get the option to train pistol perks all the way to 10 perks rather than just 8. Since our AR modifier > 1000 AR is so low we are mainly benefitting for equipping weapons and with the extra perk we receive.
    Last edited by Malaxia; Mar 6th, 2007 at 19:51:23. Reason: Bump and edit according to LE additions.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

will anything be done though.. seems to make the char a good all round player now they'd have to get some balancing done, improve some nanos etc... im not sure they could be bothered to do it, all the peeps that have posted must count for something... but when i look at other profs posts, there pretty much the same with thier posts... like people seemingly moaning about things that need not be fixed to create balance.. ( just cos they want it)

if i remember correctly you said you char is sterva... have you given up on that char now ?

one of the main inspirations for making my crat was sterva, i see the effort that was put into the char and admired it, it would be shame to give up on it

im half expecting advy's to get "summon beast" nano in a future patch :/

: edit my bad its avon : same comment applies though :P wtb sterva's jedi skills for my crat :P
    Last edited by Ossy; Apr 22nd, 2006 at 20:34:55.
    Dancefor Osiris05 Mplove - Meta-Physicist - 220/21

BEAT the silence and stop the violence
    ACT until women and children are safe -
    A
    dmit there is a problem
    Call it by its name - domestic violence
    Tell someone about it.

October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month

I agree, crats are really weak, all they can do is reliy on other's to gain xp... that they can boost the crap out of.

as for weaponry, the crats are the only class that dont get some ubah prof specific weapons.

soldier: Perinium blaster/jppgp
    fixer: Perinium beamer/SMG
    agents: Perinium sniper/Silenced type3 (and other odd rifle's)
    adventure: AI axe's/BBI faithful's, and Sol fire's(for low lvls)
    engineers: uber DD bot's/gurnade launcher/pistols (skill twinking)
    Metaphysicist: Ubar DD tank pet/ do MP's really need any weapons?
    Nanotech: DD nano's/cyberdeck(nanoskill item)
    Doctor: Dot's/Ubah cup :P
    Enforcers: Pained Panther/AI sword, or AI 1hB
    Trader: Shutgun's
    Martial Artist: Unarmed/bow's for some.
    Keeper: 2hE is standard
    Shade: peircing is standard
    Buerucrats: Dark Pistols/Briefcase(a portable bank)

the breifcase, dont get me wrong is the coolest item in the game, but you dont need it equiped to use it. it does very low damage, and it really dont serve a purpose other then getting into bank, and the other one, Dark pistol's from CoH, well, are good for a few lvl's but quickly become worthless.

so, WTB something that make's the crats stand out, a new weapon, better nukes, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lordain
    I agree, crats are really weak, all they can do is reliy on other's to gain xp... that they can boost the crap out of.
    I dont agree on that, my crat is extremly powerfull and solo Pen dungeons at 165 with very few issues, and I have soloed most of my way to 150 and 6-7 levels before I reached 170 in adonis and pen dungeons, outdoor hunting in the shadowlands or high QL RK team missions. If I charm the floating fish when hecklering im always in top 3 on the damage dumper and I OD most other profession that are below 200 even when having to spend time calming adds

Quote Originally Posted by lordain
    as for weaponry, the crats are the only class that dont get some ubah prof specific weapons.
    crats have a unique weapon, your charmed pets, no other profession can do that and its unique for the crat if any weapon improvements, it should be on the charms.

as for my wishes, I wish I could actually use the "Gallant Slave" nanos, so far I have used it once when I tried to kill the guard in the Clan backyard when I buffed a level 2 leet to level 120 or something, yet it was utterly useless. No matter what zone im in, I have no use for this nano, I cant even do a RK mission and use it, would be nice if I actually could buf my charmed pet somehow either with more HP or damage/inits.

I wish I had area mezz in SL like I have on RK and and that the snares worked aswell, especially since there is a 1 sec cap on the calm and roots that is a real pain when you add the 1-2 sec delay cause of the current lag situations.

I would wish that I wasn't forced to place perks in Directorship just for the +XP and the +XP perks, and having to listen to other players comment on a crat being 164 and not having a 75% perk makes me sick, and feel a even greater need to untrain it an put all thoose perks in something usefull but then we all know that it will be hard to get teams in the future, either merge Directorship with another perkline or have it add something that is usefull to my survival +HP, +AC, +evades or similar.

and nerf advys for having all the good Multi Ranged buffing items to them self

lvl 170 is not 200 or 210 or 215 or 220.
    the difference is quite large actually. definitely pvp powerwise.

pvp nuke is needed
    unroot/snare for our pets
    better bot. not everybody is 220 when they pvp. we need to be + have carlos and preferreably to have a catervaul equipped still (like sterva) not dissing Avons pvp skills but the cater sure makes quite a big diff compared to an ithaca or pistols in pvp
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman
    lvl 170 is not 200 or 210 or 215 or 220.
    the difference is quite large actually. definitely pvp powerwise.
    I know, even if the bot is gimp, if there where decent mobs to charm or you could buf them up proberly, things would look different. As for PvP, you will proberly always have a problem unless you are in a zone where you can charm something nice, giving crats access to a powerfull weapon wont happen, but maybe some higher nukes with some stun effect or a DoT might be a solution, since they would be usefull in PvM aswell without making crats to powerfull.

would be nice if you could PvP with a Notum Scurge I guess, afterall they are a part of your weapon, and since you cant bring one to a towerwar or FT, maybe a usefull pet series that doesnt work with charms, that might solve part of the PvP problem but also PvM in lower zones, but hardly crat like

Unhappy looking at from the outside

I’d like to see Bureaucrats get the 30 min lock taken off their pets, seems a little odd they get the 30 min pet like us mps, but end up seemingly worse off, aren’t Bureaucrat pet durations supposed to be in between mps and engies, I find it most confusing that they have a 30 min pet and a 30 min lock, ok I see the theory in an ideal situation you don’t let your pet die and you can cast after it runs out... but not knowing anyone that well that has Carlo im not sure how well that works, and surely just not being able to charm at the same time is a fair compromise.

I think mps and Bureaucrats could compliment each other well if given the right tools, but looking at Bureaucrats from an mp side I fail to see what there "role" is really, because I thought it was crowd control, yet if there’s a trader or NT in team they take that job, so I see mostly Bureaucrats are asked just to charm a pet, cast baton and perk, seems a severe downgrade in their role from say pre SL, I would also like to see the Bureaucrats with better sl nanos like an area mezz giving them that alone should make them a very important part of any team wanting to control a situation a little better.

Also Bureaucrats don’t seem to have any buffs, surely there are things that would fit into a Bureaucrats character that aren’t related to xp. Bureaucrats are about efficiency so what about some varying levels of nano efficiency modifier team nanos so that nukes will nuke harder, heals will heal better etc.

So to Sum up:

: promote the use of Carlo by increasing its usefulness.
    : promote Bureaucrats team play give them sl Area mezz.
    : give them a buff role in team other than xp, i.e. nano efficiency modifier.
    Last edited by Ossy; May 14th, 2006 at 07:23:11.
    Dancefor Osiris05 Mplove - Meta-Physicist - 220/21

BEAT the silence and stop the violence
    ACT until women and children are safe -
    A
    dmit there is a problem
    Call it by its name - domestic violence
    Tell someone about it.

October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Quote Originally Posted by lordain View Post
    Martial Artist: Unarmed/bow's for some.
    Just an FYI: MAs have the Torchering Tool.

Fresh perspective on a crat wish list...

As for crat uniqueness, I'd have to say crat suits and briefcases are about as unique and class defining as it comes. Possibly sprucing up the briefcase or microphone options would be a neat and welcomed alternative to pistols and our pistol buffs.

Set the pet default command to "/pet follow" or otherwise toggleable. I am constantly spamming the follow macro on my hotbar and feel that this was not intended for enjoyable game play. You don't see player guns or swords going hog-wild and attacking things williy-nilly. This is a fundamental issue for our class as crowd control is one of our flagship utilities. Having my silly pet wake up a calmed mob is agitating. I'd like to toggle a pet's default command in the pet window but am afraid that may be asking too much thinking UI is more difficult to change than mechanics.

Psychology needs more focus. I'd like to see psychology-based bot trimmers for spunking-up or calming-down my bodyguard. A Psychology based device for modding charms would be awesome but, I'm not holding my breath for that one as I can see how it may introduce class-balancing issues. Bot trimming is something we all do though. It would be nice if we could be a little self sufficient and not have to rely on Engi trimmers. Oh and give us some reason not to Reset our old buddy Psychology at level 220.

I agree the level check on the "Gallant Slave" line makes it useless. Just remove it from the game if you don't want us using it. Even after I uploaded it with a completely fr00btastic non-twinked crat using all store bought or dropped items and imps... the level check was far too low and the nano(s) will never be cast. As far as I can tell it's just a credit sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Councelor View Post
    Just an FYI: MAs have the Torchering Tool.
    Torturing tool yes, meaning it tortures. Torchering is something completely different
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    Torturing tool yes, meaning it tortures. Torchering is something completely different
    Maby he mean BoB, which have light and torch brings light too.
    i R not spik engrish

I wish for:

• Fear to work in PvP
    • Calms to work on players in PvP
    • Charms to work on players in PvP
    • Stun proc on our (new)nukes
    • Weapon damage buf with stun proc chance
    Last edited by Lunaspell; Sep 29th, 2006 at 12:02:33.
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

I wish for:

- Pet demess
    - Special blockers

Edit;

Also think that our deroots should completly remove the roots in one go, not having to cast two deroots on yourself to get free from one single root. This means anyone have time to root -> nuke -> root -> nuke the crat to death while we die still trying to deroot...
    Last edited by Predzor; Nov 9th, 2006 at 14:23:20.
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

i wish:

-that Greater Exoskeleton Pulse can use on carlo
    -a root/snare resi buff for pets how by the engis
    - a new nuke with under 100% def chek

WTB a heal for carlo! Yesterday a adv killt my carlo 2 times in a arena duel! Nerf ADV!

Quote Originally Posted by lordain View Post
    Metaphysicist: Ubar DD tank pet/ do MP's really need any weapons?
    Roll one,
    level to some higher levels.. and then we'll talk about it ;p
    Dr. "Camatrid" Brotzler ----> 183/18/36 Doctor -- Atlantean

Ima bump this with

1.) New nuke with secondary effect of -reists to root and snares!
    2.) Extended duration on Dodge the Blame (Tho I would'nt think it would be needed if #4 was implemented)
    3.) Removed timer on carlos, theres no reason for it to begin with especially since his survivability was lowered as mentioned in another thread, or god forbid you LD.
    4.) Have our bodyguard (CG) have a 25-30% change to absorb an attack/perk/special and to disrupt an offensive nano casted on the crat. (Could be a nano "Take the Hit"!) Would be unique reserved only for Bureaucrats.
    5.) As mentioned in the wish list, SL Calms that wipe hate list to bring us up to par with traders and NT and not disgraceful xp totems... Dictator, Master of Crowd Control......
    6.) Carlo type pets (WITHOUT the timer) for 210-218, to think we are only viable at one lvl in tl7 pvp thats 220 with carlos... severe disappointment.
    6.) Pretty much everything that is already in this list and of course not implemented.

None of this would make us overpowere, we are not asking for the world, only asking for viability and survivability against other classes, asking for the DEVS to spend some time reviewing and adjusting our class to bring us up to pace for pvp and some pvm (SL calms that wipe hate list ; )). Are we not ment to have a solid roll in anything anymore aside from buffing the bajesus out of XP?

LE is a pvp expansion and it didn't even address a thing reguarding our pvp viability, we need an entire patch dedicated the the professions for once.
    Last edited by Mathmatikus; Dec 22nd, 2006 at 19:37:05.

I wish that my CC abilities came back to where they was when I was a young cratling hunting Virus Builders and Bothackers south of 20k.....

Those times where FUN!
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsy View Post
    I wish that my CC abilities came back to where they was when I was a young cratling hunting Virus Builders and Bothackers south of 20k.....

Those times where FUN!
    yup, CC is what I miss most

and a nuke/dot that can match Sneak/Dimach/AS
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

I know this was mentioned before about wanting a new bot for the 210-218 ranges, but this is just a sort of fill in idea I had.

What about some sort of OFAB Improved Corporate Guardian, or a Dreadloch Improved Corporate Guardian??

The OFAB one could be a level 210+ bot that you purchase with VP, and could be improved maybe by giving it more attacking abilities? Or giving it more defense so it can take a hit a bit better than the one we currently have now?

As for the Dreadloch, well like was the story behind the creation of the Dreadloch Balanced Freedom Arms - Perhaps that same Crat that developed that could have been responsible for the development of a new variant of the Corporate Guardian. Attack and Defensive skills could be what would be improved on that model, and it could be used for 215+

Just tossing out some ideas.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Silent "Melphina" Lullaby - 220/30/70 Omni Trader RK-1

Riders Of The Lost Org's First 220/30/70 Trader

Sixth Trader on RK-1 to hit 220/30

still, it's better than 'I got a fetish for a chick from a deep freezer' outlaw star character

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast