Thread: What about tradeskills?

What about tradeskills?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=42687

Poll for you to put your opinions down.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

hehe ya bump.

go vote!
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

How about one profession that can do everything. That way we dont need anyone.

Sounds boring and lame. Who wants to play a game where everyone can do the exact same things.

This would solve the problems with:
    Traders - trade skill buffs
    MP- Mochums buffs
    MA- Crit buff

The reason im posting this here is a thread started by an engi in the traders forum about how Engi. should be better at trade skill than traders.

I think my answer, solves all the problems.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Engineers have NO class defining abilities. Now one would think that a engineer would be awesome at tradeskills because their a engineer duh. Not so though. Almost every other prof i can think of right now has something unique to them or something they are the best in except engineers.

ADV- a bunch of different morphs and new pistol buffs, heals

Agent - FP duh(and TTS)

Crat- charms which work,mez,xp buff

Doctor- best heals and nice HP buffs and DoTs if they use them(nothing unique to this class but atleast they are the best at what they should)

Enforcer - Mongo, Challenger, essence etc. a true tank

engineer- hmmmmmmmm nothing

Fixer - GA, runspeed buffs, HoTs

MA - Claws, crit buffs, evade buffs.can change damange type, lots of MA armours, heals

MP - mochams, odins eye, healpet

NT- serious nukes, nullity, HE

soldier - TMS, nice reflect shields, uber alphas

trader - wrangles deprives ransacks maestros single heals calms.

Just the first thing that comes to mind with each prof which is unique, they are the best at, or makes them a valuable proffession in the game. Fact is if you removed engies right now would anyone even notice????
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Angry

now how does that have anything to do with engineers??? I mean think about it. like you said ma's have crit buffs, mp's mochams. why becuase it makes sense and difines the character. What does a engie do???? builds stuff right???? hence the name ENGINEER. looks at the titles trader's say salemen and such. Does not say guy who builds stuff does it??? blah i wont argue the point is moot. Just go look up saleman and engineer in the dictonary and see which one should logicaly have electrical engineering buffs.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

In AO, the Trader isnt equal to the word salesman. None of our skills are setup for that.

Traders are more like brokers. We give our skills to others and we take skills away.

Traders have nothing to do with shop clerks/salesman...
    Omni Trader on RK2

Quite a few people like to point out that Traders aren't meant to be salesmen and even Cosmik has stated that as well.

But then of course they get this line: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&nano=1&id=30706&t=ag

Here's a quote from the description: "Briefly increases the traders's Computer Literacy skill by 260 points in an attempt to gain discounts at shops."

Now tell me again that traders aren't supposed to be "SALES"men and that their skills aren't setup for that. What gets me the most is that comp lit is one of bigger skills in many of the new tradeskills introduced in 14.4. If you thought a +120 maestro was bad, now traders get to use a buff that's more than 2x larger for tradeskills.

Edit: Thought of more stuff to rant about...

Going along with the theme of Traders acually trading skills, how does the maestro line fit in with that? There are no negative effects, no trading of skills. Just a plain huge buff.

What we end up with is a prof that's meant to be good at "Trading skills" but is acually good at pretty much everything. PVP (debuffs), sales (skill buffs), and team play (mez).
    Last edited by RVWinkle; Aug 8th, 2002 at 00:14:20.

Originally posted by Intrepid
    Engineers have NO class defining abilities.
    I'll have to disagree with that. Engineers do have class defining abilities, they're just not as attractive as the ones other profs have. Biggest AC buff (heh, acually traders have much bigger ones), damage and reflect shields (other profs have one or the other, but not both), and AC auras.

In the response to the profession report it was stated that engineers are the prefered tanking pet class. My bot hasn't done much in the way of tanking since lvl 75 when I was hanging out at the blaster beetle in VW. I suppose 'things to tank' is something on the todo list but isn't ingame yet.

Furthermore, with Slayerdroid Transference engineers are better at martial arts than the MA prof (why?).

Originally posted by RVWinkle
    Furthermore, with Slayerdroid Transference engineers are better at martial arts than the MA prof (why?).
    Because Martial artists use crit buffs claws and hit faster outdamaging even a engie with more MA by a factor or 2 to 1 easy. or atleast thats been my experience.

Bump for engie fix

no your incorrect soldiers have both reflect and ac buffs sorry. Also no your wrong again, we dont have the biggest ac buffs either. Plus we use more ncu's per buff.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist