Thread: How about one profession that can do everything. That way we dont need anyone.

Lightbulb How about one profession that can do everything. That way we dont need anyone.

Sounds boring and lame. Who wants to play a game where everyone can do the exact same things.

This would solve the problems with:
    Traders - trade skill buffs
    MP- Mochums buffs
    MA- Crit buff

The reason im posting this here is a thread started by an engi in the traders forum about how Engi. should be better at trade skill than traders.

I think my answer, solves all the problems.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Why did you post the same incoherent post 3 times in the engie forum. I didn't get it the first time and i still don't get it what are you trying to say?? that traders are to self sufficient right now??
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I think I recall this guy, or someone just as incoherent, trolling the doctor forum saying we should have all our weapons skills halved or something. I can't quite remember exactly what cause I couldn't really read it, and didn't bother.

Ignore it, it will find someplace else to troll.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

This guy is so completely wacked.

Traders should not be "master of trade skills" by definition. They are masters are trading. Hence why they have special shops that give them 20% or more from the same items we would sell. Comp lit buffs (self only) that will get them into better ncu's etc.

TRADERS should not equal better TRADE SKILLS.

ENGINEERS MAKE THINGS HENCE WHY IT SHOULD BE A OBVIOUS CHOICE OF US HAVING BUFFS TO "MAKE THINGS!".

Just so no one gets confused. I'm talking about the 4 main skills that we use to make things. ME EE WS and QFT.

Lets hear him whine about the fact his healing got nerfed. "boo hoo" If the S*** hits the fan he can just calm the mob heal up. Proceed with combat. "boo hoo".

If he had 50% of his fighting ability crushed by inept/pathetic programming (pet pathing in our case) then he can start crying about how traders are screwed up. The golden child of funcom (traders) finally got a nerf and suddenly they feel they can come into another profession's area and whine about us asking for something they have which should have been ours to begin with.

This guy is of course a whiner I've delt with him and his guild before on another matter which he obviously lost since they went so far as to even DELETE THE POST.

Yes I have a trader lvl 117 so I know I was nerfed and I can talk about both sides. Traders have it REAL good still. Why they even had heals is just a to far strech of the imagination in sci-fi for me even.
    Last edited by Elbo; Aug 7th, 2002 at 17:20:58.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

the reason I posted this on your forum is because an engi had the nerve to post a reply on our forum that suggests a nerf.

that poll he put up was a slap in the face for all traders that have taken the time to pick the profession that they wanted. If you didnt want to be an engi, why the hell did u pick it.?

oh, instead of posting threads that asks," why traders have better abilities in trade skills vs engis." Why, not ask for a buff of your own and leave the Traders out of it!!!!!!

It would be nice if you had threads that asked for something to be done with your trade skills that didnt have the words "Trader" in them.

That is how our heals got nerfed. The docs never asked directly for a trader heal nerf. They just keeped screaming about how traders can heal better than docs. It would have been nice if they left traders out of the equation and asked for thier heals to become better.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Oh, so I supposed you want the trader heals back now? Look closely at those patch notes. Even though your exploiting healing ability was nerfed, other profession were nerfed too, mainly in the favor for traders, since they can deprive/ransack, and make the other player go into OE, decreasing their effectiveness by 25, 50, or 75%, thats pretty crazy.

And as for the profession thing, anyone noticed how most tradeskill oriented classes are kinda...... uber at somepoint in their life? Traders are uber all their life. Doctors are uber all their life ( money can become a problem, but theres always blitzing mission ) Engineers, well, they are uber from 1-70 ( since there are so many hunting places = few pathing problems ), and then they suck from 70-194, and then they get uber again from 194-200, weird huh, for a profession that requires so much qork, so much time, and so much effort, we get so much less.

Originally posted by Odian102
    oh, instead of posting threads that asks," why traders have better abilities in trade skills vs engis." Why, not ask for a buff of your own and leave the Traders out of it!!!!!!
    You have to compare to others profession when you ask for new buffline, it just seems fair that an engineering profession get buffs for their main engineering skills. I'm not saying that it should be equal to yours - but it could be half of yours and stacking so we can help each other out when making utilities.

It would be nice if you had threads that asked for something to be done with your trade skills that didnt have the words "Trader" in them.
    Again we have to compare, I'm not asking for a nerf - but I want to see traders and engineers working together and not only traders working all alone and can make much better utilities than engineers. Funcom should remove the descriptions in the online manual - all of it is crap...

That i how our heals got nerfed. The docs never asked directly for a trader heal nerf. They just keeped screaming about how traders can heal better than docs. It would have been nice if they left traders out of the equation and asked for thier heals to become better.
    Yes, I agree, but you have to compare or have a good argument to get improved. Docs had to compare themselves with traders, and same thing with engineers. We can't just say that we should get a buffline for our engineering skills, we have to have some arguments. One thing is that a tradeskills team should consist of a trader and engineer working together and not only a trader alone. Take a look at Tradeskills: Engineers Vs Traders - the first posts is not the same as the conclusion (just to let you know)

Re: How about one profession that can do everything. That way we dont need anyone.

Originally posted by Odian102
    Sounds boring and lame. Who wants to play a game where everyone can do the exact same things.
    Traders can almost do everything by themselves according to tradeskills - the only thing they have to ask for is a +80 treatment buff.... engineers have to look for a tradeskills buff and a +80 treatment buff and work really fast before the buffs run out.

ok hold on..... he is justifing trolling by saying someone else did it first?????? lol..... err... ok

Now there is a crybaby.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist