Thread: A Question 'bout Nanoprogramming

A Question 'bout Nanoprogramming

This is prolly a newbie question but well, it is something I would like to know. I know that I can use lower ql Clusters in Implants. But how do they effect it...... ?`

i.g. I want a ql 200 imp.... but I dont find all clusters as ql 200..

how deep can I go for the cluster that it still can go in that imp ?
    3 ? 4 ? 5 ? anyone know the number ?

another question.... well. a ql200 cluster for example adds 105skill. The 198one adds 100skill....... But both in an ql200 imp would make a Shining bleh blah Imp.... ql 200..... So would the imp in both cases add 105 skill ? Or would it lower the skill the ql200 imp adds when I have used lower ql clusters ?

I hope you got the point (my english issnt the best)....

Thank you for your help !

Look here

Please refer to this thread: Q: What % QL of a cluster lower than implant?. Last post.

You might even consider bumping it up again.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Ok thats answers the first question.... but will it add same value ?

Yes

Sorry, should read more carefully.

The determining factor is the ql of the 'final' implant, not the ql of the cluster.

If you put a ql50 cluster in a ql10 implant, the end result will be (most probabely, see below) a ql10 implant. The bonus you will get is then the one of a ql10 cluster. In your example both clusters will give 105, because you will receive a ql200 implant.

The 'final' QL of an implant can be increased while adding clusters. This (exclusively) depends on your NP skill. If you have more skill than necessary to assemble cluster and implant you'll have a certain chance to increase the ql of the implant by 1 (three clusters -> +3 ql max).

So if you start with a ql50 implant and have 400+ NP you might end with a ql52/53 implant. Important to know if you buy clusters lower in QL than the implant.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Re: Yes

Originally posted by Maximilian
    Sorry, should read more carefully.

The determining factor is the ql of the 'final' implant, not the ql of the cluster.

If you put a ql50 cluster in a ql10 implant, the end result will be (most probabely, see below) a ql10 implant. The bonus you will get is then the one of a ql10 cluster. In your example both clusters will give 105, because you will receive a ql200 implant.

The 'final' QL of an implant can be increased while adding clusters. This (exclusively) depends on your NP skill. If you have more skill than necessary to assemble cluster and implant you'll have a certain chance to increase the ql of the implant by 1 (three clusters -> +3 ql max).

So if you start with a ql50 implant and have 400+ NP you might end with a ql52/53 implant. Important to know if you buy clusters lower in QL than the implant.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    Just a slight addition as some of the details you have are incorrect / incomplete.

Implant QLs do not increase regardless of the programmer skill up to implant level 49 (I believe - could be slightly out on that).

You are correct that the QL increase is based on skill. But the increase for each cluster type (shining / bright / faded) is different.

These effects are a lot more noticable with higher nano programming skills.

Also the increase is more pronounced in higher level implants.

Taken from the perspective of 1k+ NP and 3 clusters per implant these are the results I would expect:

QL1 - 49: No QL increase
    QL50 - 109: 1 - 3 QL increase
    QL110 - 180: 1 - 6 QL increase
    QL180 - 200: 1 - 5 QL increase

As a break down of this... While building a QL 125 implant with 3 clusters to be installed this is what I would expect:

QL125 implant + Shining Cluster: 1 QL increase
    QL126 implant + Bright Cluster: 2 QL increase
    QL128 implant + Faded Cluster: 3 QL increase

Resulting in a QL131 implant.

The reason for the different increase is due to the skills required to install each cluster; ie a faded cluster requires a lot less skill than a shining cluster.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide