Thread: Crat Pets

Crat Pets

I have done some searching but i really have not found what best way to buff pet is. What else can i do to buff pet, other than our 2 buffs. Comps dont do anything that i can see (damage isnt effected), so was wondering what else I can do to increase pets damage/speed/effectiveness? I have seen trimmers, are they worth it and which do I need. Yes I got this far without trimmers.
    Rk1 toons ......................................RK2 Retired Toons
    111 Crat 123 MP........................213 Crat 150 Enforcer
    89 Keeper 24 Agent ....................128 Engy 167 Adv
    45 Fixer 60 Engy......................135 Doc 60 Solj
    Lots more to follow.............
    And I quote.........
    "The law firm of Pinnetti, Pinnetti, and Pinnetti have been the sole legal representation of a family of supposed "legitimate businessmen" for the last 300 years. Started in 29169, this law firm is unusual in that it is composed of 890 clones of the firm's top litigator, Carlo "The Negotiator" Pinnetti. If you can't take care of your own problems, these professionals will make them disappear. They specialize in cases where people have turned down offers that "can't be refused".

2 buffs is what we got.
    trimmers is the other option
    for team play trimmers might be worth it but for soloing it pretty much makes the bot go down faster.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

general +5 damage buff is good too.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    pure technically:
    Increasing the MA skill on the bots level 200 and below should increase it's damage.

For the guardian: MA skill + 1he should increase it's damage

Unfortunatly the increase in skill will result in such a low dmg increase that versus the Shadowlands mobs and their insane high AC you'll never know the difference.

Beside 1 buff to increase it's damage (as the other pet buff we have doesn't increase damage but makes the bot taunt more) you can only resort to trimmers.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

oh, forgot the basic damagebuff
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

I can verify that MA expertise does indeed up the bots damage. On very low lvls its even significant, but hardly worth it on ninjabot. I do use general dmg buff though, more of habit than of utility.

On low bots I even used composite attribs, and I it seemed to work ok (ie. a bit more dmg and hp) but I wont swear on this.

Edit: And of course, Improved Cut Red Tape works very well as bot buff, with its addalloff and addalldef.
    Timmon
    ======
    195 crat Assurnasirpa equipment & perks | 102 NT Ashurdan | 84 MP Sennacherib
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explorer 93% ******** Achiever 46% ******** Socializer 33% ******* Killer 26%

I find it helpful to use:
    Trimmers
    Improved Cut Red Tape
    Crit Aura for pets (if you have team Heroic Measures is going to be used instead)
    Basic Damage Buff
    Gallant Buffs
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Trimmers:

1) the ones with the "red ring" in them work permanent, so you only use them once when you summon the bot (not sure if the setting resets when you zone though).

- Trimmer - Positive Aggressive-Defensive
    works like your aggro slider (middle is standart) .. ql100 will do full agg
    - Trimmer - Negative Aggressive-Defensive
    see above .. ql100 will do full def
    - Trimmer - Increase Aggressiveness
    works like a taunter for the pet, helps him, holding aggro

2) the plain blue ones need to be re-applied every 5 minutes (tgemp adjustment if you like)

- Trimmer - Divert Energy to Offense
    lowers AC, boosts dmg & offense for 5 min
    - Trimmer - Divert Energy to Defense
    bossts AC, lowers dmg & offense
    - Trimmer - Divert Energy to Hitpoints
    lowers defense, adds temp HP to the bot (like Life Channeler from Doc)
    - Trimmer - Divert Energy to Avoidance
    lowers health, adds poison AC and Evade/Dodge

there are a few more, like temp dmg-type, but those are Engi-only.

I wouldn´t spend too many IP into tradeskills for them, although they really boost the pet´s performance.
    Better have an Engi trim the pet for you when you cross one´s way (yes, trimmers work on other people´s bots)

I hope this helps you a little, for detailed info, check Auno or Mainframe Databases.
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hafenbraut
    Trimmers:
    I wouldn´t spend too many IP into tradeskills for them, although they really boost the pet´s performance.
    Better have an Engi trim the pet for you when you cross one´s way (yes, trimmers work on other people´s bots)

I hope this helps you a little, for detailed info, check Auno or Mainframe Databases.
    I would have to disagree regarding it being better to have an engi trim your bots. For a relatively low IP investment you can use the ql100 positive aggressive defensive trimmer and speaking from both an engi and crat perspective, I would NEVER be without that trimmer. I can't possibly emphasize enough how incredibly important it is to have that one. Hell, once you get to level 200+ if you're wearing control symbiants you won't even need to invest in tradeskills to use it.

My advice, carry that one and use it. The increased damage your pet does will more than make it worth it, even if you have to invest a small amount of IP to use it.

For the other trimmers, I carry Divert to Off on my crat and once again think it is well worth the IP investment. Since you only need to get the tradeskills to about 800 or so for a QL200 one it's not that big an investment if you're using control symbiants that give mega + tradeskill bonus' and it provides excellent increaded damage output for your bot.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Ok so this is what i run now for optimum damage/aggro:

Cut Red Tape
    MA EXP
    Damage buff
    Character Assasin- or lower version
    Gallant Hero:Whichever you have
    Trimmer--Divert Energy To Offense(And other trimmers if youd like)
    Trimmer-- Positive Aggressive-Defensive
    EDITED*
    Of course your already running Heroic Measures(or the lower version Motivatinal Speech), and Demotivational Speech I like to use the Non Crit one)
    Last edited by orions04belt; Jan 25th, 2006 at 13:43:57.
    Rk1 toons ......................................RK2 Retired Toons
    111 Crat 123 MP........................213 Crat 150 Enforcer
    89 Keeper 24 Agent ....................128 Engy 167 Adv
    45 Fixer 60 Engy......................135 Doc 60 Solj
    Lots more to follow.............
    And I quote.........
    "The law firm of Pinnetti, Pinnetti, and Pinnetti have been the sole legal representation of a family of supposed "legitimate businessmen" for the last 300 years. Started in 29169, this law firm is unusual in that it is composed of 890 clones of the firm's top litigator, Carlo "The Negotiator" Pinnetti. If you can't take care of your own problems, these professionals will make them disappear. They specialize in cases where people have turned down offers that "can't be refused".

Quote Originally Posted by orions04belt
    Ok so this is what i run now for optimum damage/aggro:

Trimmer--Divert Energy To Offense(And other trimmers if youd like)
    Actually most important trimemr is Trimmer - Positive Aggressive-Defensive. It almost doubles attack speed of bots.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

Using trimmers when solo'ing might not be such a good plan.
    You want your main tank pet (usually long charm) to have aggro..not your 'i will die in 5 hits bot'

Quote Originally Posted by Shevaya
    Using trimmers when solo'ing might not be such a good plan.
    You want your main tank pet (usually long charm) to have aggro..not your 'i will die in 5 hits bot'
    I agree with shevaya on this... I never trim while soloing... pet already dies often enough. Maybe in soloing Pen and below it's fine with a Corporate Guardian..
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Where could you get the trimmers again?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by JavaBeans
    Where could you get the trimmers again?

Thanks,
    http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/gadget...ontrimmer.html for the aggresion trimmer.

Some others can be storebought at vary'ing QL's. check the tools sections from a store.

And as rusty said. Dont spend to much ip in it. just get some control symbiants. those will up your EE/ME enough to use your trimmers with a very low ip investment.