Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SL calms and Doc aggro

I am definitely with Czarina and Shevaya here.
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

So just to be clear, you'd rather have a slower killing process than getting a flicker of aggro?

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by eaze
    So just to be clear, you'd rather have a slower killing process than getting a flicker of aggro?
    No. Maybe your shud read the ansvers again and try to understand this minor problem a bit?

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

I think Ordoz has it, RK calming is more important in lower level teams and weaker teams, shrug, you know you are in one when you are in one :P

In the "perfect" teams it doesn't matter, ie the teams where you don't bother pulling, everybody shoots at what they want, etc.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    No. Maybe your shud read the ansvers again and try to understand this minor problem a bit?
    I don't know what that's supposed to mean, I really dont think I've missed anything. My point was simply that a team shouldn't have a problem handling the aggro from a SL calm break. Is that what you're disagreeing to? Or are you just disagreeing to me being the one saying it?

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, I really dont think I've missed anything. My point was simply that a team shouldn't have a problem handling the aggro from a SL calm break. Is that what you're disagreeing to? Or are you just disagreeing to me being the one saying it?
    In a 4 add situation, there are plenty of times when after one mob is killed different people in a team attack different mobs, and sometimes for whatever reason the doc is the one the mobs go after, especially if you have a team with pet classes that aren't holding aggro.

Its a team failure per se, not just a crat failure, but the crat can overcome to a degree the faults in the team.

Eaze you need to get on more dysfunctional teams to understand what we are all talking about :P
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Well, my crat is almost exclusively used for guild teams, maybe my experiences would be different if I started joining random pickup teams in pen

Well, my crat is almost exclusively used for guild teams, maybe my experiences would be different if I started joining random pickup teams in pen
    that's likely true, when I play my doc in guild teams I never have a problem.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

beeing in a org team and in a pick up team is 2 TOTALLY different things One really cant measure one with the other.

When we talking about generall teaming and xp/sk:ing, pickup teams is often the way to go. When your been around for a while and get a reputation one starts to get inv to teams but most of the ppl havent build nor have this as a option.

I suggest you join a few pick up teams and you'll be enlighten about how things are in the "real" world If every1 knows what to do and when to do it, how fun is that? Offcourse it sux big az if getting killed coz some ppl slacks behind or dont follow orders to stay away while pulling, calming etc. But thats the times you also will learn something. As a crat one has to be quite agile to the teams performance and the members of it, if you got a "leroy" in it, prepare to spam some calms
    rerolling on rk-4

Quote Originally Posted by Ordoz
    I suggest you join a few pick up teams and you'll be enlighten about how things are in the "real" world If every1 knows what to do and when to do it, how fun is that? Offcourse it sux big az if getting killed coz some ppl slacks behind or dont follow orders to stay away while pulling, calming etc. But thats the times you also will learn something. As a crat one has to be quite agile to the teams performance and the members of it, if you got a "leroy" in it, prepare to spam some calms
    Judging from what I hear here, I think I'll stay away from pickup teams And the leeroy movie is fake btw. Anyway, I guess I see your point though. Having played calmer professions before I don't really have a problem with keeping up with that.

Docs aggro? damnitjanet. you guys need to treat thm better
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

One of the biggest causes was partly Fc's poor pet coding and partly the players not knowing/being on top of their pet control. Whenever a pet broke aggro on a SL calm, as they generate less aggro than players, the mob would jump on the doc. I notice this alot less now that FC have made pets less prone to run of by themselves.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    true unfortunatly FC fixed it for the robot pet crats have but charm pet behaviour was unaffected by that fix. So if you have charms and calms best to stay alert (as crat imho you always have to be alert)
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12