Thread: Nano suggestion: Kinetic Fist

Nano suggestion: Kinetic Fist

Duration 20 seconds.
    Cooldown 80 seconds.

Runspeed -(1 x profession level)
    RangeInc. Weapon 400%

Would put MA fists at about 25m attack range while reducing MA runspeed for 20 seconds. Just throwing it out there as an option.
    Last edited by Gatester; May 24th, 2011 at 16:24:49.

could be a great combo with uwos =)

I'm not sure how you got to 25m, since "MA weapon" has a range of 2m (2*400%=8m). (and isn't there some sort of cap on RangeInc ?).
    While slightly increasing fist (or any melee weapon) range is certainly welcome (and wanted, and necessary with the sync issues) - it should be permanent, not temporary. Just don't overdo it, I don't want MAs to become Dhalsim nor Rayman... I just want FC to fix the damn sync.

p.s. Don't EVER suggest lowering RunSpeed on melee toons
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post

p.s. Don't EVER suggest lowering RunSpeed on melee toons
    having the suggested 25m range isnt melee anymore. Bump for the suggestion, increase the -runspeed to -1000.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I was mistaken on the range, although I thought my MA was certainly hitting further than 2m distance. I am unsure what to do about the range then using currently known mechanics.

Either way, there would be no justification for a large range increase if the MA could "evasively" kite other players while hitting them as well.

I don't think it's too much of a good idea, I mean yeah if you do give 1250% weapon range increase, it'll give you 25m range yeah but most of a MA's stuff is melee range, like perks, MA attacks and such.

As crit said, a better solution is just to fix the damn synch somehow

WTB: upgraded version of the Upon a Wave of Summer attack with some longer lasting snare effect..
    meep

I just did about 10 rounds of Mitaar, and my "2m" melee range was almost enough to reach from the blue/red side and hit the mob sitting next to the yellow/green side (only about half a square short). 4x that range would certainly be a pretty large distance.

As far as being enough, I doubt you could ever ask for a single tool to suddenly make everything on an MA easy (and you shouldn't). If we search for one thing to fix every problem then we look forever, and here I am proposing only a short term ability to assist in maintaining pressure on an opponent. Either way I find the major problem being our AR and not our actual ability to pursue a problem at 220.

Consider more than just level 220 as well. The most necessary part of a pre-TL7 MA's toolset in pvp is their MA fist and regular damage, and often times these are the levels without enough support tools in perks and attacks to truly help them. These are the MA's that would benefit most from a short-term "distance-closer".

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I just did about 10 rounds of Mitaar, and my "2m" melee range was almost enough to reach from the blue/red side and hit the mob sitting next to the yellow/green side (only about half a square short). 4x that range would certainly be a pretty large distance.
    Fists have 2m range: Auno/Xyphos
    Range calculation: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=587376
    You should consider that several bosses can be hit with melee weapons from very long distances, such as Xark/Razor, both of them can be hit with fists from anywhere in their lairs (either their size mod is huge or there's another modifier in play here). Also, remember several months (years?) ago some Enfs couldn't use the BS teleporters properly because they would just warp back and forth for no reason ? Or the mechanic of size that was (ab)used with a chance of vacation on RK4 when people would turret up on one side of the teleporter and pop on the other the moment the turret is up?

Consider more than just level 220 as well. The most necessary part of a pre-TL7 MA's toolset in pvp is their MA fist and regular damage, and often times these are the levels without enough support tools in perks and attacks to truly help them. These are the MA's that would benefit most from a short-term "distance-closer".
    I only play on a 220 MA so I probably can't speak for the lower levels, however, at any level, loosing RunSpeed on a melee toon is unacceptable. So again, temp range increases won't help much, since your MA attacks and perks won't get effected by the change - and if anything, we need a small permanent increase in range, not short turm band aids with unacceptable debuffs (don't make Form of Risan repeat itself).
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Fists have 2m range: Auno/Xyphos
    Range calculation: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=587376
    You should consider that several bosses can be hit with melee weapons from very long distances, such as Xark/Razor, both of them can be hit with fists from anywhere in their lairs (either their size mod is huge or there's another modifier in play here). Also, remember several months (years?) ago some Enfs couldn't use the BS teleporters properly because they would just warp back and forth for no reason ? Or the mechanic of size that was (ab)used with a chance of vacation on RK4 when people would turret up on one side of the teleporter and pop on the other the moment the turret is up?
    The boss never increased in size but I will accept that the boss likely has a much larger frame than it appears.

I only play on a 220 MA so I probably can't speak for the lower levels, however, at any level, loosing RunSpeed on a melee toon is unacceptable. So again, temp range increases won't help much, since your MA attacks and perks won't get effected by the change - and if anything, we need a small permanent increase in range, not short turm band aids with unacceptable debuffs (don't make Form of Risan repeat itself).
    Luckily it is not an unnacceptable debuff, so that claim would not apply. An optional buff with an optional debuff, the only way it would be unnacceptable is if it was both necessary and forced upon the MA. The form of risan comparison also fails in that form of risan did not turn the MA into a ranged profession, which does justify a reduction in runspeed when a profession. Remember melee toons can hit while kiting.

A rooted MA is likely to not care for a snare effect. I would also point out that burst of speed stims would make up for the snare effect too allow this ability to have increased effectiveness.

There is also the fact that, as with most buffs, you could always cancel it. I will, however, make a change which should limit the runspeed factor to help adapt to the criticism. Either way, I assure you that if an MA is already out of range at lower levels then they would use this nano (if it works the way I intend it to and not following strictly with the buff I provide). I could also point out tower fights/mass pvp, where getting into the enemies zerg is generally suicidal, this type of idea could allow the MA to stay with their allies rather than rush into enemy groups.
    Last edited by Gatester; May 24th, 2011 at 16:27:15.

A rooted MA is likely to not care for a snare effect. I would also point out that burst of speed stims would make up for the snare effect too allow this ability to have increased effectiveness.
    Do people even use burst of speed stims? I mean, it prevents you from using coffee which has +1 crit, run speed and other nice stuff, also stims snares you for a while when it ends :/

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Do people even use burst of speed stims? I mean, it prevents you from using coffee which has +1 crit, run speed and other nice stuff, also stims snares you for a while when it ends :/
    Yes, especially lower levels. Being snared doesn't matter if you have escaped your opponent. Sometimes it fails, but more often than not burst of speed stims will save your character.

(note, not a direct reply to you weltall) Either way, calling this a band-aid fix makes no sense. We could call every improvement to MA's a band-aid fix until it becomes the "perfect" fix for the profession based on the criteria some would propose.

An optional way to temporarily increase attack range with a small penalty is the proposition, and I think that needs more addressing than the gaming philosophical contexts of the idea.