Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three cheers for Securitywyrm!

Three cheers for Securitywyrm!

Wyrm, I don't care what people say or think, I like your style.

You tell it like it is, and people's sensitivities be damned.

You spin off a lot of new ideas, and some of them are very good.

I totally fail to understand the hate that is sometimes directed at you. You do nothing to deserve it. If people can't be more tolerant, that's not your fault.

So, three cheers for you, Securitywyrm. And if people don't like me saying that, they can go take a long walk off a short pier
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

\o/ \o/ \o/
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I have to agree,

Wyrm is getting too harsh treatment (most of the time), even though some of his ideas are "far side" stuff.

So, keep on going Wyrm, its nice to have something to talk about!
    Timmon
    ======
    195 crat Assurnasirpa equipment & perks | 102 NT Ashurdan | 84 MP Sennacherib
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explorer 93% ******** Achiever 46% ******** Socializer 33% ******* Killer 26%

yeah from 140-220 go afk use xp pistols but use the one from coh cuz u save ip hehe

shut up
    The Gimp:Dinnerfork
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    I have this disturbing image of the US Army jumping one by one out of my cereal bowl

seems I need to walk off that pier then
    And before you ask. I am a good swimmer
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Secruitywyrm
    Commanding precense : While this perk is nice, it only really starts to affect a team around level 150 or so. Also, most people below level 150 won't even notice the benefit (since crats are 'just xp poles'), so nuts to it. You're better off maxing out training seminar and explorer.
    Insurance : You really only need one perk in this. If you max this out, peoples pools will clear faster, but that means they need you for less time.
    When someone your level asks you for insurance, and you don't have a team, see if they have a spot. If they don't, then no insurance for them. Insurance is one of the big things that a team leader is thinking about when he's recruiting for a good team, so it's not in your interests to give him insurance for free.
    For most of the 'grind' levels (140-190), i didn't even have commanding precense trained. Just all XP perks, and I'd find a heckler team, ask "Who do you want me to follow", and come back in half an hour to either get a new team or renew baton. It's only in the higher levels that teams will actually appreciate what a crat can do other than XP pole. I don't think it's wrong to glide through the grind levels. I've seen a lot of crats 'quit' at level 203 or so, because they glided all the way there and throw hissyfits when they realize they can't glide to 220.
    Bear in mind that it is posible to have breed affect skills. After all, solitus has no dark blue skills no matter what profession. So it IS possible to have breed affect a wealth of skills.
    We don't necessarily want powers that are 'more powerful', but rather ones that are not so heavily dependent on the behavior of others. After all, this is an online game. The ammount of stupidity is not measurable with current quantum physics (even with implants!). For example, because we're seen as just "XP poles", we're the last to get a team on the Alien Playfield since our XP bonuses do not apply to alien experience.
    Morons.
    Where's that pier? I have a walk to take.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

I beg for forgiveness for my tantrum the other week. It was unneeded to get personal. Sorry wyrm.

But a tip for the future is to maybe start to read others veteran players posts and criticism a little more and ponder on them. You might learn something.
    (No I don't count myself to those, but I have learnt a lot listening to people with more knowledge and experience than myself. And found out some of my own ideas were right, but many of them also wrong).
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

I'll just go ahead and fling myself off the pier then.
    Eldridge "Random23" Cardinal
    Officer of 3305 Local

Random23 (215 NT)
    Therin23 (level 220 Crat)
    Wakka23 (level 220 Enforcer)
    Drwho23 (level 211 Doctor)

When someone your level asks you for insurance, and you don't have a team, see if they have a spot. If they don't, then no insurance for them. Insurance is one of the big things that a team leader is thinking about when he's recruiting for a good team, so it's not in your interests to give him insurance for free.
    I personally dont see the harm in this one. It is kind of a way of getting ppl to recruit crats into teams (since ppl dont usually care for crats bein in the team, they'd rather have dd's instead)

Buffing people is just nice.

And crat IC buff is +50% reclaim for 1 perk point, so if someone wants full benefit from reclaim aura (+280%) they need the crat in the team anyway.

But buffing people is just a nice thing to do, in my opinion. I buff newly dead people in the garden with IC just if i see them, and anyone else who asks. I don't expect MPs to refuse me CI unless i team with them, or docs to refuse me SFA unless they get some exp in the deal. . . .

Giving someone a +50% reclaim buff takes 2 seconds and can make someone's day a little better without even costing me nano.
    xiaoJian, advisor of First Light.
    jianxue, calmer of things.

i was not saying i would personally do the suggested quote, im just saying ppl dont need to hate him for saying it.

Resist the cookie cutter.

\o/ \o/ \o/

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Labelslave
    I beg for forgiveness for my tantrum the other week. It was unneeded to get personal. Sorry wyrm.

But a tip for the future is to maybe start to read others veteran players posts and criticism a little more and ponder on them. You might learn something.
    (No I don't count myself to those, but I have learnt a lot listening to people with more knowledge and experience than myself. And found out some of my own ideas were right, but many of them also wrong).
    Labelslave, I like you and I respect you, too. Honestly, I do.

But on this one issue, I have to disagree. Here's why.

The thing about Wyrm that makes him so valuable to the community is the exact same thing about him that pisses people off so badly. Namely, that he thinks outside the box, and he rejects (or just totally ignores) accepted conventions.

You would have him listen to and heed the accepted wisdom.

Where has that accepted wisdom gotten us?

We are the most nerfed, disrespected, humiliated, abused, and generally neglected class in the game. Go on, deny that if you can.

Given how far down we are...

Given that there's almost nowhere to go from here but up...

Given that FC is never going to release us from durance vile on their own initiative...

Given all these things, how reasonable is it that we continue to cling to the accepted wisdom, and reject new ideas categorically?

90% of Wyrm's ideas are not useful. Hell, at least 90% of all new ideas are not useful. But the other 10% of Wyrm's new ideas contain a few nuggets of pure gold.

And furthermore, how reasonable is it to get angry at a man just for making suggestions? Hello? Hello? Hello?

Lilla, as for you, young lady, you're a SOLDIER, FFS! Yes, I realise you have a crat, but your mind is firmly set in that DD mentality, and every post you make confirms that fact. Not that this is a bad thing. All gods great and small bear witness, we need DD's. But you look at the crat class, and all its issues, through the eyes of a Soldier.

Yes, Hildegaard is my main. Yes, she is a doc. But she's still a support class, and also one shadowlevel behind Varmintia (my crat 216).
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Wow Hilde your starting to sound like azazzel

Well, look like the exp-totem generation have win and FC got what they want.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard
    Lilla, as for you, young lady, you're a SOLDIER, FFS! Yes, I realise you have a crat, but your mind is firmly set in that DD mentality, and every post you make confirms that fact. Not that this is a bad thing. All gods great and small bear witness, we need DD's. But you look at the crat class, and all its issues, through the eyes of a Soldier.

Yes, Hildegaard is my main. Yes, she is a doc. But she's still a support class, and also one shadowlevel behind Varmintia (my crat 216).
    HAHAHA!
    I am a soldier yes. Lilla is my first char, and my main. Lilla is very much a working profession and Shibari is hmm somewhat working and not working in some of the stuff I like to do.
    My soldier has soloed everything i soloed with Shibari and my soldier can solo **** I cant solo with Shibari. Why the heck shouldnt I have the right to compare my 2 high lvl chars?
    I compare my soldier with my crat and my crat with my soldier. You are saying you arent comparing your chars? Which is your main? Which performs best under what cirkumstances.

Dont throw rock in glass houses.

ps: and as for the condesending ****. Go take that long walk on that short pier...
    xp pistol h8
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Well said, Hildegaard. Indeed, he made some great suggestions in the past, like this one: Tab settings, PvP-less . I don't agree with some of his suggestions, but I still enjoy reading them because they're so refreshing.
    Securitywyrm, I hope you stay with us. You don't need to change just to please the crowd either.

\o/ \o/ \o/
    Last edited by Cthonian; Jan 3rd, 2006 at 11:33:24.

I would hardly say that the crat profession is the worst off. Take it from someone who has played all of the widely considered nerfed professions for quite a long time now.

The thing that ticks me off most about people like wyrm is that its not wisdom, its not having learned the profession and comeing up with new ideas for ways to make things better, it's all about giving up and giving into bad preconceptions about our profession by other people that know nothing about it other than their own imediate xp gains.

If someone enjoys being a xp totem poll, and *not* playing their profession (which is what we're talking about here right, joining a team and then going afk or on follow is *not* playing your profession.. can we at least agree on that?)

I don't see how that is by any means some kind of brilliant idea that needs to be celebrated. Its a mockery to every other crat that is serious about their profession.

I put it up there with the way serious NT's did not like ignot/xp kiteing NT's in ely.
    Officer of 3305 Local

Random23 (215 NT)

OK, let's assume that his advice about 'gliding' is entirely wrong. But in this case wouldn't it have a merit of "devil's advice" or "Darwin's fence" in APF? Imo anyone who has not enough brains to make an own, independent decision should be damned to follow the most 'funny' template available *evil grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Cthonian
    OK, let's assume that his advice about 'gliding' is entirely wrong. But in this case wouldn't it have a merit of "devil's advice" or "Darwin's fence" in APF? Imo anyone who has not enough brains to make an own, independent decision should be damned to follow the most 'funny' template available *evil grin*
    If it was an original or funny idea sure, but just siting on your ass doing nothing isn't that.
    Officer of 3305 Local

Random23 (215 NT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast