Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Executing Nano Program: Throw Snowball. PvP not allowed in this district.

If you target a Mob you can see the acutal snowball being throwen
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    That's the whole point. Currently peeps are runing around tagging each other with Expertise and similar useless nanos. Just playing catch. This nano had great potential to be fun and be used, but insead you might die, becouse your target has auto-attack other players enabled. Bit over the top for getting killed becouse you have trown snowball in someone, don't you think?

Want to ambush Procugimp and Ssillypimp with snowball

Seriously dissapointed with a nice idea gone wrong

Bump for fix plskthx
    Last edited by Baresark; Dec 18th, 2005 at 20:18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Baresark
    Want to ambush Procugimp and Ssillypimp with snowball
    Did Ssilly.....thank god I was standing out of her reach. Shame auto-attacked kicked in as soon as you start casting.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Ultima Online has a snowball for christmas. The only problem with this item, was the fact if you did not own your own snowball, people could not throw it at you. Anyone who owned a snowball could be hit by them. No hostile flag, just good fun.

AO's snowball, is about as useful as using a chocolate pot to boil soup in and about as fun as eating your dogs excrement. Not very appealling..
    Believing yourself to be perfect, opens a debate to what you really misunderstand. If you believe you are perfect, then your imperfection is the ability to not see it.

There might be a chance for a mini-patch after the downtime tomorrow.. PLEEEAAASE!
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarna
    Ultima Online has a snowball for christmas. The only problem with this item, was the fact if you did not own your own snowball, people could not throw it at you. Anyone who owned a snowball could be hit by them. No hostile flag, just good fun.

AO's snowball, is about as useful as using a chocolate pot to boil soup in and about as fun as eating your dogs excrement. Not very appealling..
    Haha I remember those.

That's not quite how it worked though. You could only throw snowballs at other people who had snowballs in their pack.

::Aratink begins packing a snowball:: Hehe, good fun.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

The implementation of the snowballs is truly FunCom logic at its finest

Fix it so we can have some fun! Was a great idea but the implementation sucks.

Bamp for snowball fights

I'd like to suggest a name and description change on this nano...

Izgimmer's Last Snowball

Description: Built off of the design for the "Izgimmer's Last Word" nanoprogram, this seems to create a tiny ball of snow after a very lengthy process of calculations. It is then hurled at the target in a quick motion where it sadly ends up doing no damage at all. After the release of this nanoprogram, many Nano Technicians figured that Izgimmer had finally lost his touch as a programmer. Originally intended to "Shame the target into submission by blasting it with snow" It has been rumoured that Julias Enfraam had really modified the code without Mehar's knowledge to be as whimpy as it is... If that's true and not just a rumour started by Izgimmer himself to claim he wasn't at fault, then this truly is.. Enfraam's Revenge.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

Did any1 realized that we got ideal pulling nano with 50m range, no nanocost and slow casting (I can forbid FC for it, I have plenty of time when pulling). No damage = no adds. Enjoy.

Plz-plz, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik
    Did any1 realized that we got ideal pulling nano with 50m range, no nanocost and slow casting (I can forbid FC for it, I have plenty of time when pulling). No damage = no adds. Enjoy.

Plz-plz, don't fix it!
    yes i already realized

but ive got a solution for the snowball problem (listing code too for better undestand on the side of FC coders ).

the current snowball nano:
    Code:
    NanoFormula Info 	 	

Name:	Throw Snowball
    Patch:	16.13
    Description:	No rocks please.

Attributes 		

School:	Combat
    NanoPoints:	0
    NCUCost:	999
    ExtendedTime:	0
    Duration:	
    Flags:	NotRemovable, IsHostile
    AttackRange:	50m
    AttackTime:	20s
    RechargeTime:	1s
    Atk. Skills:	MaxHealth: 100%
    Def. Skills:	NanoResist: 0%
    now, the problem here is with the casting time and the IsHostile flag.
    removing the hostile flag would end up with snowball spam everywhere, and it would nerf the pulling ability of the nano.
    now here is my suggested solution:

Code:
    NanoFormula Info 	 	

Name:	Throw Snowball
    Patch:	16.14 {hoping  :D  :D  :D }
    Description:	No rocks please.

Attributes 		

School:	Combat
    Duration:	
    Flags:	NotRemovable
    AttackRange:	50m
    AttackTime:	1s
    RechargeTime:	5s
    Atk. Skills:	MaxHealth: 100%
    Def. Skills:	NanoResist: 0%

EquipmentPage:	Misc
    DefaultPos:	0
    HitEffectType:	47299
    EffectType:	49999
    CastEffectType:	49999
    GatherEffectType:	43307
    TracerEffectType:	12600

Events/Effects 	 	

OnUse:
     CastNano Target	 	 
      Requirements:
       Target 	 	 	 NPC type 	not == 0 {target is not a player}
      Effects:
       TauntNPC Target	 	1 {so the taunt effect still work :D  :D  :D }
       CastNano Wearer             Enable Snowball Fight {to "flag yourself for snowball fighting, just like pvp, but this one does not allow pvp}

CastNano Target	 	 
      Requirements:
        Target	  	 	 Has Enable Snowball Fight running {target is flagged for pvp}
        Target 	 	 	 NPC type 	== 0 {target is a player}
      Effects:
        HeadText Target	 	PWN! {this text will float above the targets head just like you use a scecial or such}
        CastNano Wearer             Enable Snowball Fight {so every time you hit someone, you will get flagged for pvp, so you dont have to find mobs to get flagged again if your flag "runs out"}

CastNano Target	 	 
      Requirements:
       Target 	 	 	 NPC type 	== 0 {target is not a player}
       Target	  	 	 Does not have Enable Snowball Fight running
      Effects:
       StaticText Wearer	 	The target does not want snowball fight :(. {this will appear in your chat window telling you, that you are not allowed to throw snoball at your vurrent traget)
    so the Enable Snowball Fight looks like this:
    Code:
    NanoFormula Info 	 	

Name:	PvP Enabled
    Patch:	16.14 { :D  :D  :D }
    Description:	You have been flagged as being throwing snowball enabled in all zones.

Attributes 		

Can:	Carry
    Duration:	10 minutes
    School:	Space
    StackingOrder:	999
    Flags:	NoResistCannotFumble, NotRemovable, IsBuff, NoTimerNotify
    AttackRange:	30m
    AttackTime:	0s
    RechargeTime:	0s
    Atk. Skills:	Level: 10000%
    so heres the process:

if you cast it on a player and you dont have the snowball flag it will notify you in the chat

if the target is not a player and is attackable, then regardless if you have the flag or not, it will throw the snowball at the target mob and will taunt him and will flag you

if the target has the flag, you can throw a snowball at him regardless if you have the flag on you or not

/pray
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Getting instacast with long recharge would be good.

Standing still for 11 seconds (doc with 2400 nanoinit has some uses) while throwing a snowball is no fun.

Snowball fights are all about run, duck and cover. Not being a target standing still.

Being a boy/man from a country with plenty snow every winter, one tends to get some expertise for snowball making and throwing. I can assure everyone (even those FC developers who obviously aren't from Norway, where there is plenty snow, too), that it is very much possible to toss one snowball per second as long as you have enough snow available. Wouldn't be round balls and aiming .. somewhere there.. but anyway.

Considering that the nano is supposed to create a little bit of snow (and there are nanos that do _awesome_ effects _insta-cast), and one is aiming to throw it, 5sec sounds reasonable (though on the slow side still).

I was yesterday in WA watching some flagged ommers there. I couldn't cast that snowball thing there at the ommers, but I sure could attack them with my QL180-some pere beamer. Go figure. I proceeded to get myself flagged, but suitable level ommers disappeared... Until a level 120-some MP with demons and stuff appeared and tried to attack me, which made me too busy fleeing the pets so I had no time to try some 20sec "stay still please" snowballs. It all ended in a dead MP though, but still not a single snowball cast. On a player that is, which is supposed to be the fun part. You know, monsters don't know about fun/christmas.. hmm... Aaah, now i know, FC has already racing breed rats for power, and now animals (1000 monkeys ) for developers, too. Thus, no idea of fun..

Those saying that faster cast time will result in some snowball spam at bore grid or such.. who cares.. bore lags already too much, bunch of snowballs won't make a difference. And if people really want to cause lag, they can spam all the useless non-hostile nanos anyway.

Consider this: in WoW (heard from a friend) the snowball actually does a more or less hostile action (it flips/falls the target to ground), yet they have fun. And its even useful.. my friend had a tank in team that didn't talk english at all, but was over-eager to go pull more mobs... after a while, the rest of the team figured it out, the all spammed the tank with snowballs so much he couldn't get forward to new mobs. He got the idea.. And everybody had fun. (Sure, it could be used to "snare" enemies in PvP, but it also requires quite some activity from your side..)

Here in AO, it does nothing but graphics, yet it is considered "hostile".. Bwah, why not make swimming proficiency hostile then too.. after all, it has a real hostile action of debuffing your NCU. And 20sec cast time on it too, plz.

Fun? Lamecom made it again. Funcom didn't.

Doooh.. /me goes back to coding new bot, even it being even more fun than this Christmas stuff.

Here's a bump for making this useful.

I like Darthgedo's idea. The one thing I was really looking forward to as a gift this year. Where's the fun in yelling to someone "Hey, wait 20 sec for me, I wanna throw a snowball at you?"
    "So, how'd you come to the conclusion that anyone disagreeing with you is stupid?"

"Well, it stands to reason, if I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. Therefore any other opinion must be wrong, thus, stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by bugii
    Consider this: in WoW (heard from a friend) the snowball actually does a more or less hostile action (it flips/falls the target to ground), yet they have fun.
    Yes. Not 100% of the time though. More like 20% chance or something in that line.

Anyway, back on topic:

The snowball as it is now seems pretty useless for any sort of x-mas related celebration. Spamming mobs and NPCs and getting flagged are hardly what I consider fun in that context. I sincerely hope FC is wotking on a fix. Because it's actually embarassing as it is now. The snowball itself doesn't always show when "throwed", and the effect of being hit, shouldn't that be on the target not the caster? I won't even mention the flagged and casting time issues. Bad bad bad.

However if FC don't fix it we can consider it the ultimate x-mas present anyway, because we just got the perfect mob-puller tool. Goodbye dot-rings! But I highly doubt that was it's supposed use.

But in te end, I am still highly dissappointed since this was a really fun feature to look forward to.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

New way of pulling mercs out of arena, anyone try?
    Just had to ask since that merc pulling thread got deleted ages ago.

Was at a merc raid yesterday, and no one thought about using a snowball... It's just not what you'd think of when you wanna do it... Possibly a good idea, but I dunno, havn't tried it I don't have a good "Merc pulling" profession at my disposal to do so ;p (Meaning, I try, I die ;p).

But.. I don't think pulling mercs or other mobs was FC's intent with giving us the Snowball nano, would make certain situations WAY too easy to pull, and provide a huge loss in challenge which as.. We all know, Funcom is more about making our lives more difficult than they are making it easier
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

I agree with everyone else...

The Snowball nano was supposed to be added so we could have fun with it. The way it's been implemented, it's more annoying than anything else.

Please fix it, make it fast cast and non-hostile. Snowball fights are (usualy) all about fun. This nano should be too.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

With any bains they would have made it a buff instead.

Like +100 to fire AC.

Would have solved at least the flag thing.

using these to pull is dumb

Using a snowball to pull mobs is dumb. They are a temporary xmas item and will no doubt be pulled from the game in january or feb. Using them to have fun in huge no-flag snowball fights is a cool idea. Just make it so they operate in any zone on anyone, anytime, and let the madness ensue. you could make them give a negative effect on the thrower like runspeed =<50 to keep people with snowballs from harassing other players.

Actually what if it just rooted you for a really short time while you cast? it would still be instacast and quich recharge, but if you wanna bombard someone you just cant move while you do it. sounds like a fair tradeoff.

another edit lookie here:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/12/20/wo...ll_goldfarmer/

wow snowballs stop gold farmers ftw.....Here's a farming solution FC.
    Last edited by Sepultus; Dec 22nd, 2005 at 15:12:56.
    Sepultus Martial Artist - General of The 13th Legion

Pfffffffffft Enforcer

Sepultima Baby Crat

Letifera baby NT

Never seen FC delete anything from the db. Also considering all their coders probably on x-mas vacation now from today on forward to new years... well... they won't be fixed.

tough ****. We just have to deal with it.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast