Thread: Calms really are broken!

Calms really are broken!

All,

As per:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=39545

and

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=41932

It is true, calms are broken. I know that a lot of you have calmed with no problems, but under certain conditions the mobs will continue attacking even after they have successfully been calmed. Or, as Meister has experienced, they will attack you later from several rooms away and you will not be able to heal.

This can happen when you mez something and you never get the "Attacked by..." message. The mob will be encased in the glow and you will get a successful nano execution message but the mez will not in fact be working. Two effects can occur:

If you stay in that room long enough for the mob to notice you then it will start attacking you. Successive calms or charms will not work UNLESS you first spoil the first calm with an attack. So you can nuke the mob and then calm it successfully.

If you do not stay in that room long enough for the mob to notice you then it will still attack you but not until you are several rooms away. You will then lose the ability to use healing kits and do other things that you can't do when under attack.

Since this is predicated on the mob not seeing you until after you have cast the nano, it is most likely going to affect you when you are alone (or at least separated from your party), when you have a relatively high NanoInit and when you are moving quickly. It is more likely to affect the higher level mezzers who have the higher perceptions and NanoInits and who tend to mez through a mission quickly.

Note: in the case of this particular bug, the calm is still present on the attacking mob (i.e. he is still glowing). In cases where the calm has actually been disrupted, that is another bug entirely.

Scorus

it's true...

i /petitioned it last night. you run the calm, the mob gets the calm glow, then it starts attacking you. VERY annoying.

Angry CALMS AWFUL!

Broken broken broken

calm mob and it just pause then continue
    calm counter but no message half time
    lag and nanos get stuck

all this without reflect

reflect 100 times worse!
    but mobs overpowered
    counter too much
    hit too hard

I NEED reflect!

I HATE:

mob hit for 300
    calm success
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    mob hit for 300
    calm success
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    mob hit for 300
    calm success
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    mob hit for 300
    calm success
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    mob hit for 300
    calm success
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    mob hit for 300
    calm success
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    calm counter
    reflect hit for 90
    mob hit for 300
    you died

I died to stupid yellow ace crat
    I was success many times
    then counter x 50 when drains run out
    then I die

Lightbulb

Maybe it's just my crat...but you can recast the calm if they still attack after the first calm...and it does work. It seems that the only really dangerous effect from this bug is the mobs attacking from several rooms away...but this seems to be rare in my experience. Most of the time, however, that I can ever even tell the bug is in effect is when i sit to regain nano.

Like I said, this may only be my crat

Bump

My most common problem is calms not taking effect fast enough then my STUPID PET (on /pet behind, its macro #8) runs to the mob and won't stop fighting.

Fix both the problems, plz (and make sure my pet stays at what I last told it to do (eg: /pet attack to kill a mob then it automatically goes back to /pet behind once the mob is dead))
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Sep 7th, 2002 at 22:44:07.

Yep

This happnes to me when im calming missions i get aggroed like 8 rooms down by some mob i clamed