Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A step further towards freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CHS
    Moreover..I do not care in the slightest for OT. In the same vein, I do not care in the slightest for the NLF either. Both are simply radical factions of the same general thuggery employing different means to accomplish the same kinds of base, low brow, intellectually disgusting ends.
    That's a pretty broad statement. One could make, and quite often does, this same argument about the Clans. But which group is actually doing something for others. Certainly not OT or the Clans. They are the ones with the same goal, profit from Notum mining. Whether or not this is has been detramental to the health of the Nanomage breed, the issue is the impact such mining has on the planet, native species, and residents.

Agreed with Skyjester, the Clans are noturious for bullying people into their thinking. Case in point Simon Silverstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    That's a pretty broad statement. One could make, and quite often does, this same argument about the Clans. But which group is actually doing something for others. Certainly not OT or the Clans. They are the ones with the same goal, profit from Notum mining. Whether or not this is has been detramental to the health of the Nanomage breed, the issue is the impact such mining has on the planet, native species, and residents.
    Indeed!

OT and Clans don't care about anything except profits and their stupid little war.
    We try to get everyone to start thinking about the effects the Mining and this war is causing.
    Among effecting Mother Ka, fauna and flora, it also effects the entire breed of Homo-Nano!
    The most sad about all this though, is that Neutrals also mine for profit.

I say unite with us!
    Sign the Borealis Pact!
    Help make Mother Ka a better place to live!

A united community would have a much better chance to make a difference!
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

We made the fauna and flora. For that matter, we made Nanomages. You're welcome.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    We made the fauna and flora. For that matter, we made Nanomages. You're welcome.
    My parents made me, does that mean they are allowed to starve me, beat me, taunt and mock me?
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

It depends. Have you been doing naughty things like blowing up mining facilities? "Spare the rod and spoil the Nanomage," I always say.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

It depends. Have you been doing naughty things like blowing up mining facilities? "Spare the rod and spoil the Nanomage," I always say.

My brother was made by my parents, because I do something wrong, does he deserve to be starved for it?
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Thank you Nevver! Without the leadership and vision of Omni-Tek, I realize that I wouldn't even exist.

Omni-Tek is your friend.

Jekor

Quote Originally Posted by Gueve
    My brother was made by my parents, because I do something wrong, does he deserve to be starved for it?
    We at Omni-Tek pride ourselves on our thoroughness and there is no sense in taking chances.

Short answer: Probably.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Wait, wouldn't that mean that when the notum runs out ther wouldn't be any more horrifyingly abysmal looking nanomages???

YAY for unrestrained Notum consumption!

OOC: Don't take that comment too seriously...

But without the Notum, you could not have. It's the notum that imbues the nanomage breed with life. Not some scientist in a lab.

You needed a breed with the affinity of notum to use as a tool. Unfortunately, the tool, grew smart and realized that they deserved much better treatment. Read your history. How many times has then happened in all of known history? And how many times has the feeling of superiority of one breed over another has been proven wrong?

We at Omni-Tek pride ourselves on our thoroughness and there is no sense in taking chances.

Short answer: Probably.

Facist.

By that logic, it is right for the NLF to kill all solitus and opifex, mining or not, as a few indulge in the mining buisness?

Omni-tek logic, is bulls*** logic.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    But without the Notum, you could not have. It's the notum that imbues the nanomage breed with life. Not some scientist in a lab.

You needed a breed with the affinity of notum to use as a tool. Unfortunately, the tool, grew smart and realized that they deserved much better treatment. Read your history. How many times has then happened in all of known history? And how many times has the feeling of superiority of one breed over another has been proven wrong?
    Without the notum on Rubi Ka, we wouldn't have come here in the first place nor would Nanomages have been designed and created.*

*Omni-Tek patent number 57619643. ©®TM Omni-Tek Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 29th, 2005 at 14:55:16.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Gueve
    Facist.

By that logic, it is right for the NLF to kill all solitus and opifex, mining or not, as a few indulge in the mining buisness?

Omni-tek logic, is bulls*** logic.
    Facist-shmacist; as long as my stock goes up.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Without the notum on Rubi Ka, we wouldn't have come here in the first place nor would Nanomages have been designed and created.

What is special about Rubi-ka? It's the notum. Everyone would agree with that. And yes, Omni-tek created the nanomage breed. This is not disputed. But why is it that they were only successful on Rubi-ka? It's the notum.

What of the nanomage breed IF there is no more notum? Regardless of whether or not notum is needed for existance or the ability of notum to regenerate, what then? Will Omni-tek simply discard all nanomages like a useless tool? Will they simply leave them to try and survive on a mined-out, empty world? It seems to me that the clearist way to avoid this fate is to try and halt mining of on this world. Now perhaps the means that the NLF uses are counter-productive, but if you believed that you had no future then perhaps you would take the same actions.

We at Omni-Tek realize that a happy worker is a productive worker and a living one even more so. To that end, Omni-Tek scientists have performed research into viable alternatives for Nanomages. In fact, it was just a little over two years ago when experimentation was conducted and even a prototype built for a Notum Infused Suit. We are aware of the shortcomings of such a device and, while I am no scientist myself (outside of my normal duties as an Enforcer where I dissect people's heads with a hammer), I am sure that our people are continuing to work on a solution to the plight of the Nanomages. We have a vision.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 29th, 2005 at 19:21:24.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Nevver, your reply could be interpreted as an admission to the fact that Omni-Tek (or at least your department) has no knowledge of the DNA shut-down operation cited by a self-proclaimed Clan Nanomage on this very conversation thread.

Is this so? Perhaps you could check this with the heads of other departments, since I for one happen to take claims of possibly life-altering procedures being possible quite seriously...

((BTW, for future reference, it would make my life a whole lot easier if you'd sign your messages with the name of the character you're making the post as, since my character likes to be polite towards the opposition (and use their family names to refer to them), even if he hates their guts ))

At this time it has been close to impossible to make any sense of some of the ramblings presented as "evidence" of a Source-like entity presiding on Rubi-Ka, but I'd like to take this opportunity to declare my neutrality on the subject of the NLF, in the sense that I am not affiliated with them, or any other organisation (at this time), my opinions are solely my own. I take no part in attacks against anyone save those who decide to directly threaten my existence. Whether this includes people strip-mining Notum is currently an issue under debate.
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

My department has no knowledge of the matter; it's not something we would be involved with. However, I am confident that it is being dealt with through proper channels.

((I always post as Nevver; I have no RP alts that I post with.))
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123