Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A step further towards freedom

*Applause*

I couldn't agree more Steppen.
    Solitus are the Invading Genome.
    Solitus is to Mother Ka a Virus that kills her.
    Solitus don't belong here. Only Nanomages are a natural part of Mother Ka.
    Solitus came to this planet and enforced their greed upon the planet.

As to your last statement, what breed is it Omni-Tek killed off again? or are your refering to some imaginded fate? Rather hard to be held responsable for soemthing that hasn't happened and seems to only exist in the minds of a few poor people in need of personality rehablation.
    I hoped that you were more perceptive than this. I referred to what will happen if you don't stop Notum mining.

And about needing Notum to terraform. How did you, the Omni-Tek terraform planets before you found Mother Ka? Before the Notum?
    And about reclaim technology and nanoprogramming that depends on Notum, I don't say that ALL notum should be left alone. I say that we MUST start controlling the use of Notum to the very minimum (Read: No more than Mother Ka is able to replenish herself).
    And Notum Export MUST stop! That is number one that kills off Mother Ka.
    If the Notum styas on Mother Ka, it will enter the natural cycle and go back to her. With export you remove it from her entirely and hence you kill her off!

Is this so difficult to understand?

Yes. We have our research data we base our operations on, and the NLF seems to have their own. And we know, that if we don't show data that suits the purposes and ideals of NLF, it will be just as good as no data.

So this is a stalemate situation. Therefore we have descided to ignore all NLF requests. End of discussion.
    Yes. I agree that this is a stalemate situation. And I have the solution for it too.
    Omni-Mining and NLF can team up on a research project. We with our team cooperating with a team from Omni-Mining.
    This is something I have proposed several times before, but still you only laugh at us.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    Omni-Mining and NLF can team up on a research project. We with our team cooperating with a team from Omni-Mining.
    This seems a very reasonable solution to the matter of research colored by its researchers, of which both Omni-Mining and the Nanomage Liberation Front claim the other to be guilty. It also might resolve this "stalemate" situation both organizations find themselves in the midst of. I would be quite interested in seeing the product of this sort of joint research.

--Ferrex
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    Department of Entertainment
    ~Society of Salvation~

*Applause*

You forgot to mention Opifexes, Nanomages, and Atroxes. One breed does not hold sole responsibility. Your breed is just as guilty as the solitus, don't exempt yourself from your own accusations.

*Applause*

Yes. I agree that this is a stalemate situation. And I have the solution for it too.
    This is something I have proposed several times before, but still you only laugh at us.
    Forgive me, but Nanomages, Opifex and Atrox are NOT native to Rubi-ka. Thier gentic structure is Human. it is Solitus base that has been altered in acordance with ICC regualations.

Sadly nothing created in a lab, where is DNA was spliced, altered and changed can be by any streach of ones imagination can be thought of as "Natural".

Nanomage DNA, along with my own curent Opifex codeing, or Atrox codeing is simply a change to the normal Solitus base. Your more Solitus then anything haveing the slighests to do with "Mother Ka" No matter how you try to spin it. You are Human, a member of the human genitc hartiage, a few key parts were changed to create a new breed, with ablities or nature that gives some minor advantage in the tera-formation of this world.

As to your idea of forming a joint task force, I would normal be inclided to agree its a reasonable idea. One that should likely have been expolred. But once the NLF started blowing buildings up, killing inocent people of public streets in board day light..

That tends to put a damper on any.. friendly relationship. No matter what some extremist haters might claim Omni-Tek is a lawful and just corporation, with the best intrests of its personal at its hart. assoicoating with a know terrorist orgization is something any reasonable person would find distastefull and simply NOT do.

Though should Omni-Mineing wish to take you up on it, by all means feel free. Though i should note, a number of your members are curently wanted for arrest, so should they be see on Omni-Tek properity, they would have to be arrested, tried and if found guilty, punished. Please keep that in mind, becuase should said wanted persons be spotted, they will be arrested.

*Applause*

nanomages are an invadeing genome to.....we use towers to take notum.
    you use your body's to take notum.

the fact that you use notum to live tell's me that you consume it too.

if notum is finite...as you seem to claim..the nanobreed will die sooner or later weather we mine or not....your fate is sealed if what you claim is true..and there's not a thing you can do about it.

if you breath in 100%notum..and breathout 99.9% notum..your still takeing notum out of the eco-system....your very exsistance on this planet drains it of the very resourse your trying to save.

the supply will dry up sooner of later...w/ or w/o omni mineing....unless we all can find a way to replentish it.....it got here somehow...

but i guess you would rather destroy thing's then try to find a solution..that omni/neut/clan scientest could help develop.

notum is kinda like oxygen for nanomages.

if there was no way to replentich oxygen we would use it all up in the long run and die...planting bombs won't stop that..killing people won't stop that.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Dec 18th, 2005 at 02:01:25.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

The point here is that Notum replensih it self, IF we let it.
    As the situation is today with all the Notum Export Mother Ka is not able to replenish the Notum as she should.

We the nanomages don't use so much notum to live that we drain Mother Ka of it.
    Mining and export does!

That is my point!

And to the breed question.
    Nanomages are created on Rubi-Ka. We depend on Notum which only exist here on Mother Ka. We are born here, and we depend on Mother Ka to keep us alive! We depend on her notum and that it gets a chance to replenish itself.

What you are doing now is like cutting don all the trees on the planet to use it for profit and then die cause there's no oxygen left!
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

As to your idea of forming a joint task force, I would normal be inclided to agree its a reasonable idea. One that should likely have been expolred. But once the NLF started blowing buildings up, killing inocent people of public streets in board day light..
    First off, You've blown up, killed more things than we ever have. We have explored the possibility of looking for a joint solution but here's the problem. You like money right? So does omni-tek and the clans. They're hardly going to decrease efficiency just because we ask nicely. Omni-tek would never work with us to remove their money, they are robbing themselves that way.

Your breed is just as guilty as the solitus, don't exempt yourself from your own accusations.
    A nanomage mining executive is just as bad as a solitus mining executive. you dont seem to get this, We're against MINING not SOLITUS. We have never taken part in mining, so we can not blame ourselves, We do answer for the whole of the nanomage breed, Some are mistaken and killing themselves.
    A pig is a pig, whether pink, brown or blue, whether andromedan or avalonion,
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

The point here is that Notum replensih it self, IF we let it.
    As the situation is today with all the Notum Export Mother Ka is not able to replenish the Notum as she should.

We the nanomages don't use so much notum to live that we drain Mother Ka of it.
    Mining and export does!

That is my point!

And to the breed question.
    Nanomages are created on Rubi-Ka. We depend on Notum which only exist here on Mother Ka. We are born here, and we depend on Mother Ka to keep us alive! We depend on her notum and that it gets a chance to replenish itself.

What you are doing now is like cutting don all the trees on the planet to use it for profit and then die cause there's no oxygen left!

ok..so lets go on what you first said.."The point here is that Notum replensih it self, IF we let it"

ok so it does regenerate on a small scale if what you say if true..what reserch can we do to enhance/copy this process so the planet never runs out?..and ensure survival of nanobreeds...if we can figure out that one maybe we can start the notumizarion of other planets...wouldn't you like to travel?...i'm sure omni tek would love to seed some backwater planets w/ that kinda technoligy

"What you are doing now is like cutting down all the trees on the planet to use it for profit and then die cause there's no oxygen left!"

useing my example from befor they created reforestation program's....what can we do to "reforest" the notum on this planet?
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Dec 18th, 2005 at 20:37:30.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Personally, I think that could actually be a good idea. It could also ease some of the tension between our company and the NLF.

I will discuss this idea with our Director and board members.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueve
    First off, You've blown up, killed more things than we ever have. We have explored the possibility of looking for a joint solution but here's the problem. You like money right? So does omni-tek and the clans. They're hardly going to decrease efficiency just because we ask nicely. Omni-tek would never work with us to remove their money, they are robbing themselves that way.

A nanomage mining executive is just as bad as a solitus mining executive. you dont seem to get this, We're against MINING not SOLITUS. We have never taken part in mining, so we can not blame ourselves, We do answer for the whole of the nanomage breed, Some are mistaken and killing themselves.
    A pig is a pig, whether pink, brown or blue, whether andromedan or avalonion,
    I will assume you mean "You've blown up" as a refreance accusing Omni-Tek ofhaveing done so. As to date, I've never caused nor been party to the destruction of a sky bar. And as to killing, Sadly I have had to raise my weapon in self defense a time ro two.

It would be thought of as polite to keep personal attacks limited to things you know said person to have done for a fact. You will note in all my missives aginst your misguided group. I have strove to keep things polite and to avoid any personal recrimanation, or attacks.While some of my messages can esily be thought of as an attack on the NLF, I avoid attacking members, as not all members to the "party line" each is thier own person, responsable for thier own actions. and juged as such. While membership in the NLF is something that will weigh aginst them in a trial.

Next, you might want to speak with some of your members as I have personaly witnessed along with 4 other Omni-Pol officers, NLF members Killing members of the Solitus breed. even decrying thier crime as being Solitus. Then complaining when members of the ICC took them to task for this. To the point of Even engageing ICC peace keepers in an atempt to prevent the lawful arrest of the persons responsable for the murder. (Which again was witness by 5 Omni-Pol officers and a ICC peacekeeper.) And I even was polite enough to point out to your members that murdering said person was a less then wise idea given the witnesses present.

But No, hopeing to prove the NLF missguided and false ideal, they killed the poor fellow, again decrying his crime as being Solitus.

In fact in this very thread one of your members, whom I understand to be a ranking member, desided the Solitus breed is the only "invadeing Genome".

This was in response to my attempts at reason and pointing out that all the human breeds are an invadeing genome and this "Mother Ka" is not exactly pleased with any of us.

Seems odd for a group who is only aginst mineing of Notum, to decry, defame and murder members of the Solitus breed. I am sure if one were intrested one could do a scearch and find many quotes from members of the terrorist group knowen as the NLF, all defameing members of the Solitus breed.

Odd for a group that "Aginst mineing not solitus"...

And as to your false claim of "never haveing taken part of mineing" while I would likely agree its true none of your members picked up a mineing axe and started wacking..

Your group along with every other on Rubi-ka takes part in the profits of that mineing.

You think that air your breathing was free? That water you drink? that food you ate? That chair your sitting in? the explosives the NLF used to destroy the Sky bar in Omni-Mineing, was that free? untainted by mineing?

Again I will say that Rubi-Ka is a planet in the process of teraformation. Meaning only a small part of its surface mass is open for habation. The rest is being processed and changed slowly into something more accatable for humanoid life forms.

and every last gram of bio-mass, has to be shipped here from other systems. Every water processing plant, air purfication plant, everything nessary to bring life to a dead and lifeless world.

Was paid for by Omni-Tek, was shipped here by Omni-Tek. And Omni-Tek paid for that shipping, paid for the bio-mass, processing plants, the cities the rivers and steams. And Omni-Tek was willing to invest the hugh ammount of money nessary to turn a dead, beran and lifeless world, becuase it was beleived Rubi-ka would prove a vablue inventment. Then Notum was found, and the invest ment began to pay off.

Now that Omni-Tek is showing some signs of recouping its investment, people who would not even exist if not for Omni-Tek, think they have some right to denie Omni-Tek its legal rights to this worlds resources.

Rather tacky. "Hey, thanks for spending billions upon billions of creds to make this nice world. its a really nice place. love'in!.. Now, get out, we don't want you here anymore."

Rather then accapting the fact that only a rough 15% of Rubi-ka planetary surface has been explored and opened for exploition. and that another 85% is unexplored, unmined and still being teraformed. (for then who don't know math, that means even if the area inside the teraforming shields were mined totaly and utterly dry of Notum, thier is still 85% of the planates surface remaining for liveing, working.. even mineing should notum still be a vital part of the galatic ecomany.

rather then working from with in the system to try and get thier concerens adressed in a peaceful manner. some folks ran about screaming "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!" and managed to convince a group whom I always understood to have enhanced mental prowess that some how even the basic mineing of Notum of a small 15% of the planets surface is some how a threat to the worlds Notum supply.

And that they should go around blowing up buildings and killing folks to prove thier point.

Whiel only an Opifex, even i can tell you that 85% of something is far and away more and a greater ammount then 15%...

always been amazed by that.
    Last edited by steppenrazor; Dec 20th, 2005 at 01:08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy
    ok so it does regenerate on a small scale if what you say if true..what reserch can we do to enhance/copy this process so the planet never runs out?..and ensure survival of nanobreeds...if we can figure out that one maybe we can start the notumizarion of other planets...wouldn't you like to travel?...i'm sure omni tek would love to seed some backwater planets w/ that kinda technoligy
    Research into Notum is on going and of a high priority, into its nature, its effects, its seemling mystyfing ablity to replenish its self in some situations.

A process allow notum to be.. seeded on another planet, and allow that planet to work as another source, or even a hundrent planets. Is something every Corporation in the Galaxy is working on. some to hopeful to take market share from Omni-Tek, other simply to have a more local supply. Its a rather large galaxy, haveing scoures of Notum closer to the markets, would be a boon to the whole galaxy.

Let alone notums ties to insurance tech...

Lots of misconceptions here...

Lot of misconceptions here regarding Notum, so I'll try to field those as well as it's impacts on the NanoMage genome. In addition I'll point out a few miscellaneous details of note as well.

First..Notum is infinite. Any speculation to the contrary is based on considerably skewed data and facts. Why is it infinite? Let's investigate this together...

In clan expeditions to the area of the Shadowlands known as Pandemonium, there is a localized area there popularly known as "The Source". It's a self-perpetuating energy supply that under the right circumstances and conditions, undergoes a energy-to-matter metamorphosis into what we call Notum. With the amount history available to us regarding the Xan culture, the Shadowlands and it's violent fragmentation into Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands we have today it's easy to see how the presence of Notum perpetuated itself initially on Rubi-Ka.

But that really isn't the end of it. The wise observer will point out that in theoretical application, it could be completely mined from Rubi-Ka, leaving the only available outlet in the Shadowlands, and the localized Source itself, which is a problem of it's own right since it's guarded by a rather fearsome entity known as The Beast.

With that in mind..here's something to consider. Look at how -long- OT has been mining the Notum from Rubi-Ka, before the Clans gained the ability to mine the notum themselves. Now consider the length of time the Clans and OT plus the Neutral population have ALL been mining Notum furiously from the planet..and very importantly, consider the QUANTITY of the Notum being mined and shipped offworld. If you step back and consider the scale of the removal of Notum from Rubi-Ka, it's a staggering datum.

There's more. We know Rubi-Ka was once half of a whole planet which sundered. Roughly speaking that would mean, that a finite percentage of Notum available at that point in time, sundered along as well.

Now ask yourself: Why have we not ALREADY depleted the Notum on Rubi-Ka? The answer is folks, that Rubi-Ka is still half of that other planet that sundered, and like Shadowlands, it's replenishing ITSELF. Self-perpetuation through metamorphical, alchemical plus environmental changes that are natural the ecosystem of Rubi-Ka, on a subterranean level...I.E. converting from desert to forest isn't going to alter it, as it's happening underground.

Think about it. The Source is self-perpetuating in Shadowlands. Shadowlands and Rubi-Ka were once a whole planet before it sundered. By regular progression of logic, that means the whole accumulated total of Notum on that planet was sundered into two percentages, a portion remaining in Shadowlands, and the rest coming to lie in the native planet we call Rubi-Ka. OT finds Notum, and begins to extensively mine it to the point they use shipment cannons in Clon**** to transit the shipments into orbit. It's mined extensively by OT at multiple locations in Rubi-Ka over a extremely long period of time. Enter the clans, who eventually gain the abilities to mine Notum, alongside the Neutrals, and begin to also extensively mine over a longterm period. By all rights, the resources should be gone from Rubi-Ka already, or so rare as to be obvious by market prices. However the market price remains as steady as before. Therefore something -must- be replacing it in the native Rubi-Kan core on a level equal to it's depletory rate.

Now..for one last thing on this subject to bake your noodle. What if...the planet before didn't sunder into just Rubi-Ka and Shadowlands? What if..there's a third fragment ...a fragment the size of a small moon still out there somewhere, holding on to it's secret? Hmm..

-----

Moving on..someone has mentioned the infamous Notum addiction that NanoMages are reported to have. I'll clear the misconceptions up here since I qualify uniquely to speak on this as a NanoMage myself.

It's true..there is a addictive gene added to the NanoMage breed for control purposes. We -are- addicted to Notum. However it's no where near as powerful as some would have you believe. With the power of modern medical procedures, that gene can be simply shut down into permanent, irrevocable dormancy on a systemic level. Doing so in no way whatsoever affects the NanoMage's manipulatory talents with Notum, it only removes the negatives associated with absence of Notum in the environment. Most of my collegues and associates have already undergone this relatively simple outpatient operation and have it shut down themselves. Let's face it..in a world of rampant genetic manipulation and alteration, this is a child's-play issue.

-----

Lastly..a few things to note. The gestalt of Rubi-Ka is -not- sentient. Saying this breed or that breed should be allowed on Rubi-Ka and the rest removed is the mark of incredible foolishness, naivete, and immaturity. The planet just doesn't give a damn who is on it, collectively speaking. Yes, some species are more inclined to bond with the Genomes on the planet, while others are not..but on a collective, gestaltic level, the planet just doesn't give a damn if you are NanoMage, Atrox, Solitus or Opifex.

I must confess I somewhat resent the indications, implicit or implied, that Solitus do not belong on this planet. My wife is a Solitus, and more dear to me than your -own- life is, regardless of WHO you are, to be honest. I will not tolerate mentally deficient fanatics on a moral jihad to endanger the woman who means more to me than this planet, your life, The Source, OT, the clans or anything else. She is #1, first and foremost.

So..If you're stupid enough to do more than tentatively think about this sort of nonsense, I'm ready, willing, and able to give you enough negative reinforcement to permanently cure you of the moment of foolishness, pay off my bills on Rubi-Ka for a indefintely long future, and generally insure you spend the rest of your life gritting your teeth to know that you're paying for my good time.

Have a nice day folks. Be safe out there.

-Leroy "Culann" Brown
    -NanoMage NanoTechnician
    "Power...is living in a sea of information, directing and manipulating the flows so that the end result is a escalation of one's authority, one's reputation for knowledge, and one's ability to get things done in a timely and businesslike fashion."

Lies and gibberish, Leroy. You only have to ask around to hear about the horrific effects of Notum Depletion Syndrome on Nanomages. In fact, you could just stroll down to Omni-Pol's torture chambers and take a look at whatever poor mages they're trying NDS out on as a torture technique this week. Our General Titan, I think it is.

While it has been loosely demonstrated that notum levels in notum depleted areas do seem to rise after some time, to assume from this that notum is therefore infinite is a pretty big jump. Omni-Tek don't really know anything hard about notum regeneration, and the way you keep repeating these ridiculous lies is part of the cause of this. By spreading made-up propoganda as if it were scientific fact, you are hindering the real research.

Omni-Tek doesn't care about Nanomage survival. Only about profit. It would be better for your credit-hungry corporation if nanomages went extinct, and therefore it would be utter folly for any right-thinking mage to believe anything you say about notum levels or the effects of NDS on mages.

LordStage
    Nanomage Liberation Front
    Unit Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Larval_Stage
    Lies and gibberish, Leroy. You only have to ask around to hear about the horrific effects of Notum Depletion Syndrome on Nanomages. In fact, you could just stroll down to Omni-Pol's torture chambers and take a look at whatever poor mages they're trying NDS out on as a torture technique this week. Our General Titan, I think it is.

While it has been loosely demonstrated that notum levels in notum depleted areas do seem to rise after some time, to assume from this that notum is therefore infinite is a pretty big jump. Omni-Tek don't really know anything hard about notum regeneration, and the way you keep repeating these ridiculous lies is part of the cause of this. By spreading made-up propoganda as if it were scientific fact, you are hindering the real research.

Omni-Tek doesn't care about Nanomage survival. Only about profit. It would be better for your credit-hungry corporation if nanomages went extinct, and therefore it would be utter folly for any right-thinking mage to believe anything you say about notum levels or the effects of NDS on mages.

LordStage
    Unit Commander
    Okay I can see you're still one of those who haven't learned yet and are still feeding on the panic learned in youth. Truth is..I have had my gene turned off for ages..and I feel great. So this lil torture and etc routine is totally ridiculous. I live daily without worries of Notum...my medical records are on file FYI as well.

Okay...you're kinda irritating me here so I'm going to put it bluntly. A bunch of fanatical rejects claiming to be saviors for a planet that doesn't want you to be saving them, is not research. If you think otherwise, you're past retarded. You're a terrorist, not a scientist. When you are no longer in the headlines for attacking this and that, and we start seeing scientific strides produced by the NLF, then come talk to me..otherwise..shut up. Thank you.

As for the Notum itself..I think my explanation must have went over your head..not surprising since you're a terrorist and not a scientist. RK and the Shadowlands were part of one planet. SL regenerates at a insane rate. RK does too, because they are halves of what was once a whole. Do you need this put ANY clearer?

Lastly..OT doesn't know anything about Notum regeneration..that much I see as a realistic bit of input out of your mouth..but then again..the NLF doesn't know jack about Notum regeneration either so there's not much difference between you and OT in that respect now is there?

Lastly..you're right..OT doesn't care for NanoMage survivial. However, from everything I've seen so far, and researched in the Grid, the NLF doesn't either really. Get off the high horse.

Lastly...a bit of input for you, moron. Yes..I said moron..cause what I'd like to say would likely get filtered by the system.

I am a member of the CLANS. I do not work for OT!

Please wipe the drool off your chin, change your diapers, and do something constructive with yourself, like digging ditches for the CoT.

Next time..do not come up to me all righteous...because that makes you look like a complete ****tard.

Sincerely,

Leroy "Culann" Brown
    CLAN NanoMage NanoTechnician
    "Power...is living in a sea of information, directing and manipulating the flows so that the end result is a escalation of one's authority, one's reputation for knowledge, and one's ability to get things done in a timely and businesslike fashion."

I'm sorry, I guess when I hear people talking about infinite notum, I automatically assume they're lying Omni scum. I've never heard this particular item of gibberish from lying Clans scum before.

The way you describe the negative effects of notum depletion on Nanomages as being caused by "notum addiction" rather than "notum dependance" demonstrates your lack of understanding for this subject. You are not a scientist, you are a spokesman, a mouthpiece of the corporations backing the Clans. You spread propoganda, not the results of research.

And saying that we are running around blowing things up, when we are clearly expending our efforts into obtaining important suppressed research concerning the fate of our breed, doesn't make it so.

LordStage
    Unit Commander

For starters...

You have no clue WHAT I am, outside a Nano-Technician. Hardly a spokesperson..but then again, that's to be expected given the shallow limits of the rather inadequate intellect you display.

Semantics aside, the gene is permanently dormant in me. I do not suffer from any dependence, addiction, or however you wish to phrase your attempts at imagined superiority on the subject. My records are on file in Tir with a mirror copy in Athens West. The out-patient operation was done by Existenze in Old Athens, and the process took close to a hour. I can go offworld indefinitely, and suffer no pains for the lack of notum elsewhere. However you may try to avoid it..the proof is damnning, inevitable, and quite in-your-face.

Clearly expending your efforts...hmm. Let us examine this more closely shall we?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=421463

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...90#post2493090

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=229068

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=273521

Proof in the pudding. You're nothing but terrorists. And apparently..

...I'm not the only one who thinks so either.

Keep trying boyo..(chuckle)

Though I'm usually not one to engage in acts I deem futile and unproductive (possibly even counter-productive in this case), I felt an urge to try to address some of the misconceptions present in this debate, especially in comments made by Mr. Leroy Brown.

In Clan expeditions to the area of the Shadowlands known as Pandemonium, there is a localized area there popularly known as "The Source". It's a self-perpetuating energy supply that under the right circumstances and conditions, undergoes a energy-to-matter metamorphosis into what we call Notum. With the amount history available to us regarding the Xan culture, the Shadowlands and it's violent fragmentation into Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands we have today it's easy to see how the presence of Notum perpetuated itself initially on Rubi-Ka.
    First, using the term "self-perpetuating" in this instance is a fairly large leap of faith, in my opinion. I for one have not seen a shred of evidence that The Source is in any way an infinite source of anything. Although, to give the benefit of the doubt, it would be fairly understandable to perceive that The Source is the metaphysical equivalent to a plant, transforming carbon dioxide into oxygen. Currently there is no scientific proof to this end, to my knowledge.

The bigger problem with this assumption comes with the following deduction:

...Rubi-Ka is still half of that other planet that sundered, and like Shadowlands, it's replenishing ITSELF. Self-perpetuation through metamorphical, alchemical plus environmental changes that are natural the ecosystem of Rubi-Ka, on a subterranean level...I.E. converting from desert to forest isn't going to alter it, as it's happening underground.
    This fact has never been denied by anyone in the NLF. In fact, it is often mentioned as the sole source of salvation for the Nanomage people. What is in question here is the RATE of regeneration. The NLF claims Notum on Rubi-Ka was never meant to be exumed forcibly from the ground, let alone exported to other planets. For here lies the question: What happens to Notum when it is used? What is used to create new Notum?

The theory of finite energy is not new by any degree. It degrees that no new energy is ever created, what we perceive as expenditure is simply an act of transformation. Many transformations are used to our advantage, for example the terraforming procedures Mr. Brown so lovingly mentions.

What if exporting Notum is depriving the natural replenishing cycle of the very elements it needs in order to continue? If you didn't know how to reproduce oxygen, would you export it to other planets?

I'll make an oversimplification:

As for the Notum itself..I think my explanation must have went over your head..not surprising since you're a terrorist and not a scientist. RK and the Shadowlands were part of one planet. SL regenerates at a insane rate. RK does too, because they are halves of what was once a whole. Do you need this put ANY clearer?
    I don't see the logic in this statement. What universal law states that a planet split in half would have to be split equally?

Also, in light of the following:

..there is a addictive gene added to the NanoMage breed for control purposes. We -are- addicted to Notum. However it's no where near as powerful as some would have you believe. With the power of modern medical procedures, that gene can be simply shut down into permanent, irrevocable dormancy on a systemic level. Doing so in no way whatsoever affects the NanoMage's manipulatory talents with Notum, it only removes the negatives associated with absence of Notum in the environment. Most of my collegues and associates have already undergone this relatively simple outpatient operation and have it shut down themselves. Let's face it..in a world of rampant genetic manipulation and alteration, this is a child's-play issue.
    If the procedure is so simple, safe and effective, why haven't we heard of it before this? What proof do you have to present that the procedure was effective? ICC-signed travel documents? Deprivation test results? Notum manipulation measurements taken before and after the fix?

What I have heard of, on the other side, are some very strong arguments on the issue how having Notum bonded to our DNA and cell structure. I have personally witnessed, even took part in, many scientifically organised experiments where it was proven, beyond doubt, that there are things only achievable thru the extremely hazardous process of Notum infusion on a cellular level.

If you are willing to discuss this issue with me, feel free to contact me. I would be most interested in pursuing a swift resolution of this issue.
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

How long has the Source been there, before we found it, perpetuating a steady flow of energy? Timedate RK and the soil in SL. Wouldn't you think by the time of the soil versus the date and time we have now as a standard in RK, that it would have run out? I mean..centuries upon centuries is kinda a long time. Also, if you actually speak with the inhabitants of SL, gain their trust enough, they'll confide this in you. To them, it is no real secret regarding the Source. Perhaps the place you claim as salvation is inhabited by people that simply do not trust you?

As for the next phase..let's put this in a more applicable sense. Just because a planet splits, even if split unevenly, it's proportionate mass will continue to applicably produce a quantity in direct correlation to the mass of the severed amount. The problem is..people do not understand STILL..what the Source is, and treat it with a conventional mindset. By association, they do the same with Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands. The paradigm needed to assess a functional perspective on both geographic locations only comes when using insight gained from the population of the Shadowlands themselves.

Insofar as the NanoMage gene..check ICC flight logs, chummer. I've been offplanet for TWO YEARS, with no Notum where I went. Consult with Existenze as well. I'll send the neccessary forms in by gridfeed for disclosure of the operation.

Perhaps you were not aware of this signature operation because you were too busy trying to kill people, blow stuff up, and present yourselves as proper fanatical terrorists to the general population of Rubi-Ka?

Incidentally, I am chuckling about how you ignored the IRRK, ITRK and similiar gridfeed reports regarding the NLF and their 'scientific' methods.

For all the complaining that the NLF and some other uppity Nanomages keep doing about running out of notum because of Omni-Tek mining it, has anyone ever given any consideration as to how the Nanomages' nano usage effects Omni-Tek? This is a cut into our profits! All you ever hear is, "Blah, blah, blah! We're going to die! Blah, blah, blah! We're going to be extinct!" What about Omni-Tek? How would you all feel if poor, ol' Omni-Tek wasn't here to keep the weather control system going and protect you? Well, let me tell you - without profit from notum, Omni-Tek can not survive and then we'd all be in a big mess! Won't somebody think of the children!?

Nevver sobs into her hand!
    Nevver peeks through her fingers to see if anyone is buying this.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    For all the complaining that the NLF and some other uppity Nanomages keep doing about running out of notum because of Omni-Tek mining it, has anyone ever given any consideration as to how the Nanomages' nano usage effects Omni-Tek? This is a cut into our profits! All you ever hear is, "Blah, blah, blah! We're going to die! Blah, blah, blah! We're going to be extinct!" What about Omni-Tek? How would you all feel if poor, ol' Omni-Tek wasn't here to keep the weather control system going and protect you? Well, let me tell you - without profit from notum, Omni-Tek can not survive and then we'd all be in a big mess! Won't somebody think of the children!?

Nevver sobs into her hand!
    Nevver peeks through her fingers to see if anyone is buying this.
    How would I feel if the weather system shut down? Unperturbed..I can go off planet without suffering any ill effects, permanently. So long, seeya, farewell. It's no big issue to me, and _I_ am a NanoMage.

Moreover..I do not care in the slightest for OT. In the same vein, I do not care in the slightest for the NLF either. Both are simply radical factions of the same general thuggery employing different means to accomplish the same kinds of base, low brow, intellectually disgusting ends.

/shrug..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast