Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A step further towards freedom

A step further towards freedom

Announcement.
    A few days ago The Nanomage Liberation Front recieved an envelope from a mysterious person.
    This envelope contained a disc with encrypted data. Our technicians are working hard to retrieve the documents.
    At the current stage these documents seems to be a report that shows notum is in fact NOT infinite.
    So be patient fellow brethrens. We will keep you updated as soon as we have retrieved more of these important documents.

~Nuser, Prime Minister of the Nanomage Liberation Front
    Last edited by Nuser_; Dec 14th, 2005 at 17:35:12.

I think that most people agree that notum is finite, but the 64 credit question is, "How much notum is there and when will it run out?" But fear not! Even though you might be on your way to "freedom" (just not in the way you're hoping), there is a silver lining! If you join Omni-Tek now, you might be able to put in enough work hours to qualify to have up to 50% of your funeral arrangements* paid for by the company. That's quite a nice perk, ya know!

* Does not include casket, plot or funeral services. Offer limited to one (1) blast email to grieving loved ones notifiying them of your demise.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 14th, 2005 at 18:49:23.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Smuggling Omni-Tek information is a serious offense, It would be best to relenquish such information and turn this informant in immedantly. Even then serious consequences await you.

Yea yea yea...
    A few days ago I personally received an envelope too. And we already hacked the data and found out that Notum truly is infinite... Oh, and the envelope was signed by God I think...

I'm sorry, but allow me to laugh.
    The quality of NLF propaganda seems to be getting worse and worse. Try a bit harder, please!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

My dear Vincentprice. This is not propaganda. I will gladly hand you a copy when we have retrieved the whole report. Unlike omni-tek is still not willing to give us yours.

And Ivanelme...who said anything about smuggeling? How the person got his hand into this in the first place...we do not know. And who it belongs to..we do not know. But I will let you know once we figure it out. What makes you think it is property of omni-tek in the first place? I do not recall mention that in my announcement. Are you once again randomly throwing around accusations?

just b elmination i can safely assume it came from Omni-Tek. The only person you have ever wanted a report from was us, odd that suddenly you get this report and refuse to name, names. had this not been from Omni-Tek, unless specified, you would have disclosed the name...besides, we encript all information we submit into the computers for storage. anyway, i better take it as a percaution to assume that the document is from us, and if the document is encrypted what makes ou so certain that it is what you want?

hahaah.... So i take it you guys never though of calling upon Jujuwalker's extraordinaire disk-decryption skills?
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    At the current stage these documents seems to be a report that shows notum is in fact NOT infinite.

Intresting that you feel this to actualy mean anything.

Amazing your actualy makeing some sort of "Big deal" over a document handed to you by a "mysterious person"

Amuseing that your truely so desperate as to latch onto this and run about crying wolf. With out actualy knowing what it really says?

I believe by any standerd of legal evdance or journalism, save the most debased form of tabloid journalism.. a bit more would be required before shouting to the winds of such a "find"

Sargent Steppenrazor
    Omni-Pol
    Last edited by steppenrazor; Dec 15th, 2005 at 01:57:13.

Quote Originally Posted by steppenrazor
    I believe by any standerd of legal evdance or journalism, save the most debased form of tabloid journalism.. a bit more would be required before shouting to the winds of such a "find"
    Well I don't make it a habit to agree with Omnitech on a number of issues, it does seem fairly shady that you get just the information you're looking for, from a source you yourself do not have full faith in.

I somehow doubt the report takes into factor such things as notum in the shadowlands, and as of yet the process that created the notum that's already present, seeming everywhere else in the known universe it has to be man made.

Your 'proof' could be nothing more then a fairy tale made up by someone with a skill for numbers and encryptions. Please do check your facts anyway, I'd be interested if you can come up with something of substance instead of dust in the wind.

-DuckFu -- Squad Commander of Aethyr Guard-
    Crouching Atrox, hidden Yalm.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckFu
    I somehow doubt the report takes into factor such things as notum in the shadowlands, and as of yet the process that created the notum that's already present, seeming everywhere else in the known universe it has to be man made.
    Regardless of whether there is abundant Notum in the Shadowlands, the question of interest is when the Notum on Rubi-Ka will be depleted. I am sure that myself, along with most Nanomages would not like to be forced to relocate to the Shadowlands once Rubi-Ka no longer possess our life-sustaining Notum.

The information claimed to be in possession by the Nanomage Liberation Front may or may not be legitimate, but a final verdict should be made upon the full release of information. If stands up to public scrutiny, then it does add weight to their cause, otherwise it neither confirms nor disproves their point.

I suspect that they would not find this heated resistance to their claims, were they merely to adopt less extreme means of making their point.
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    Department of Entertainment
    ~Society of Salvation~

Quote Originally Posted by Sanqq
    I suspect that they would not find this heated resistance to their claims, were they merely to adopt less extreme means of making their point.
    Heh, what I've been trying to tell 'em for some monthes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    My dear Vincentprice. This is not propaganda. I will gladly hand you a copy when we have retrieved the whole report. Unlike omni-tek is still not willing to give us yours.

And Ivanelme...who said anything about smuggeling? How the person got his hand into this in the first place...we do not know. And who it belongs to..we do not know. But I will let you know once we figure it out. What makes you think it is property of omni-tek in the first place? I do not recall mention that in my announcement. Are you once again randomly throwing around accusations?
    Huh, a document of an "unknown origin"? Heck, I could write you one too and have someone who's short in cash deliver it to you and act all su****ious... I bet that with a little "tech help" I could even write one signed by you Nuser and it would look perfectly genuine. Maybe you are a target of practical joke? Heh, that'd be a blast!

I am quite interested in seeing what that material is about though. I bet most people in Omni-Mining are. And fear not, if something that requires research should come up, we will double-check everything.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

It's an interesting point, but most of our offices have already extrapolated a similar conclusion a long time ago...regardless the big question is the one that was stated above by Sanqq; at current rate of consumption, how long will it be before most Notum sources have been extinguished, is the only question I care about an answer for...

Nanomages alike should be more worried about that larger question themselves, the trace nano in your DNA Sequences from birth would mean that once the planets natural supply of Notum begins to dry up, you'll be fully feeling the effects in the blood, running through your veins.
    Eigen (215/11 Bureaucrat) Aspilian (174/16 Enforcer)
    Chocolate (135/7 Engineer) Masataka (76/8 Agent)

Eigen: Regidoc is good with her fingers huh..?
    Veldron: Very.

Vallikat: who is surprised by that?
    Veldron: How do you think she got leadership of VE away from me?

Veldron coughs
    Vallikat laughs
    Kirasha: She came over when you were passed out at your desk and took it.

If Omni-tek has nothing to hide, then why haven't they released their report to the public? That seem su****ous enough to me.

We have all asked for a report on these concerns, but the only information released has been a copy of an old speech. Where are the numbers?

Yes, the NLF does go to extreme measures, but is it any more than what most clanners do? If they are such 'terrorists', how are they able to maintain a consistant stream of new recruits?

Maybe Omni-tek should get out of their offices and have themselves a look around. Rubi-ka is at a turning point. Things are about to change. What this change will be, I do not know. But tensions on all sides are high. It is either time to come together or fall apart until the end.

Skyjester
    The Independent Rubikans

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    If Omni-tek has nothing to hide, then why haven't they released their report to the public? That seem su****ous enough to me.
    Unlike some failed goverments, corporations and groups. Omni-Tek does not have a right to know policy.

Meaning simply - You have no intended or implied right to information. Omni-Tek paid for the study and as such the information belongs to Omni-Tek alone.

A normal and accapted stance that is shared by a majority of the member corps of the ICC.

The report, is thiers to do with as they see fit. This is done to prevent any market disturbance due to mis understood or misinterpeted facts. As well as to matain market share and prevent other corporations for abuseing information to the determent of Omni-Tek.

Skyjester, Steppenrazor pretty much made my point already, but I'll continue a bit even if no-one wants me to. *smiles*

We know that it is safe to mine Notum. Yes, we have researched the subject extensively. Statements and speeches of the subject have been given to the public. Even a Notum Day was held in celebration of the mining industry and especially Notum itself. I really can't see what extra "soothing elements" for the masses would releasing our yearly mined tonnages, efficiency percentages or other "numbers" add to that. It would only hurt the company business-wise.

Besides, it has been proven, that even specific numbers won't satisfy some. I discussed this matter with Director Moscardelli herself, and this is a part of her answer to me:
    "I feel even if we went out of our way to give extensive evidence that they are wrong, they will still throw it out and say its a Omni-Tek lie. The NLF did such a thing with my report a few years ago. Since then I just ignore their calls for more proof."
    I understand it can be difficult to accept even those cold numbers for proof, when there is so much passion and ideals involved in the subject. So, no matter what we do, we can't please everyone on on this planet. Besides, why should we? We have a mining business to run here, we are not here to make sure everyone on Rubi-Ka has a pleasant day every day.

Let's not start arguing what information we could or should give again, and focus on the mysterious data Nuser has aquired. I am probably just as enthusiastic to see what it is about as the NLF are. If it turns out to be important enough for us to react, the public will be informed.

And remeber, Omni-Tek protects!

Omni-Mining

Let's not start arguing what information we could or should give again, and focus on the mysterious data Nuser has aquired. I am probably just as enthusiastic to see what it is about as the NLF are. If it turns out to be important enough for us to react, the public will be informed.
    Omni-Pol has already taken the percautions and opened a case invesitgation. We have confirmed that data has been stolen, the specifics of the case are Our Eyes Only at this point. But evidence is being collected.

We gave Omni-Mining a similar document detailing research that concluded with Notum to be rapidly depleted.
    What was your response to that document?
    NLF lies.
    That's what you told us. And then you expect us to believe in a report made by you afterwards that describe the total opposite of our research?

And I see you agree that all you ever want with Mother Ka, or Rubi-Ka in Layman terms, is to bleed her dry of notum before you pass on to the next planet you can find a valuable resource to mine out.
    Or maybe you will move to Shadowlands and blled that dry off the source too?

Nothing is certain with your coldhearted greedy Corporation, except that if you can make money from it, you will do it no matter what the cost.

Well. This time Omni-Tek will be held responsible for the Genocide of an entire breed.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    And I see you agree that all you ever want with Mother Ka, or Rubi-Ka in Layman terms, is to bleed her dry of notum before you pass on to the next planet you can find a valuable resource to mine out.
    Or maybe you will move to Shadowlands and blled that dry off the source too?

Please not this neo-peganism garbage on top of your other wild claims. "Mother Ka" Leaveing aside the sad human trait of personifacation of inanimate objects, I'll tell you about "Mother Ka"

"Mother Ka" thinks you are a invadeing species, trying to kill her. She feel the same way about all of us.

After all, WE, all of us are an INVADEING genome. We are NOT native to "mother Ka" Every liveing thing around you is NOT native to this "Mother Ka" Every last bit of it was shiped here from Omni-tek sites around the Galaxy. All altered to begin makeing "Mother Ka" friendly to our Genome.

We're a desiese, a viruse, a bad case of flees to her. After all her normal envioment is one of sub zero tempetures, air that would burn your lungs becuse of the poisions in it, soil unable to grow or matain any of the nutrents that our Life cycle/Genetic structure requires.

In order to live on "mother Ka" we're killing her off, changeing her into something a bit more accaptable to our form of life. So I really dout "Mother ka" is pleased with any human.

But by all means, mabye you should take a walk out side the teraforming sheilds. Get a good long look at your wonderful "Mother Ka" I'd advise a full enviroment suit, if you want to chat with her for more the 5 seconds.

Or are you refering to "Mother Ka" as the area inside the teraforming shields? The one Omni-Tek created? I think she'd side with Omni-Tek, its her father after all. Omni-Tek is working on makeing her grow and thirve till one day shes a big girl and kills off that worthless old bat. You know, Notum doesn't really fit an earth bioshpere. She would likely be happy to get rid of the stuff. Could likely explain why areas with heavy Notum mineing are the lushest and greenest of all rubi-ka.

As to your last statement, what breed is it Omni-Tek killed off again? or are your refering to some imaginded fate? Rather hard to be held responsable for soemthing that hasn't happened and seems to only exist in the minds of a few poor people in need of personality rehablation.
    Last edited by steppenrazor; Dec 17th, 2005 at 05:22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelme
    Omni-Pol has already taken the percautions and opened a case invesitgation. We have confirmed that data has been stolen, the specifics of the case are Our Eyes Only at this point. But evidence is being collected.
    Thank you Ivanelme, and the whole Omni-Pol.

And Sorceress.
    Yes. We have our research data we base our operations on, and the NLF seems to have their own. And we know, that if we don't show data that suits the purposes and ideals of NLF, it will be just as good as no data.

So this is a stalemate situation. Therefore we have descided to ignore all NLF requests. End of discussion.

Omni-Mining

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast