Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for FunCom to step up to bat

Time for FunCom to step up to bat

In order to properly solve the issue regarding the org cities FunCom needs
    to take control of the cities ie a city can only be bought or sold thru FunCom.

This is very possible and is NOT a great deal of recoding.
    To say it is... is pure BS.

I dont know what kind of programmers we have here but fact is, 3d models and textures allready made I can create an entire playfield within a few hours.
    Minus missions and characters, here I say just the playfield itself.

When a game is introduced with promises of certain things the game should be able to provide these things at fair access to all purchasers of the game.
    Nowhere in the game does it state city prices are subject to change to meet profiteering demands.

In current state , to own a city will cost you a purchas price of aprox 3 billion credits, compared against the 1.5 million (not billion) the game originally offered.

I see credits sold on a website for 245.00(USD) per 1 billion credits.
    Thats 735.00 (USD) to own a city in a 9.00 game.

Now we can compare apples and oranges and attempt to dispute what Ive said but the fact remains that I have stated nothing more than hard cold facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Armedeus1
    Now we can compare apples and oranges and attempt to dispute what Ive said but the fact remains that I have stated nothing more than hard cold facts.

I'm just a bit puzzled as to what those 'facts' are suppose to show. And I have no clue what it is your suggesting. That FC takes away all the cities and hold them, or just that they strip all the orgs currently owning cities of them so you would need to buy them again?

to take control of the cities

ie

"a city can only be bought or sold thru FunCom."

first line says it all.
    Nothing is said about stripping cities from someone.

But your suggestion makes no sense.

You don't buy and sell cities as such. A city belongs to an org. So what your really buying is being made head of the org owning the city. And I can't possibly see how FC can do anything about that. The city still belongs to the same org, it's just different people controlling it.

Please clarify you postion....'cause i don't see it

[QUOTE=Armedeus1]In order to properly solve the issue regarding the org cities FunCom needs
    QUOTE]

What "issue regarding org cities" do you want address?

1) The price of cities?
    2) The lack of land avail. to put cities?
    3) The greater demand for cities by players then the avail supply?
    4) The lack of low level AI content?
    5) All of the above?
    6) None of the above?

I think he wants to try and impose some kind of restraint on the price of trading cities between players and in a sense this is a good idea, even if the facts it is based on are flawed.

Adding some kind of estate agent woud give players security against scams, which is always a risk sith such a large transaction. This is a good thing.

However, as far as the price of the city goes, this is outside of FCs control, and they really have no reason to intervene. Cities go for between 800mil and 2.2 bil on the whole, a search of the market forums turend up 1 coty for 3bil, and this was a large city with a full complement of QL300 buildings. Not all cities have this.

The problem with FC determining prices for cities is that cities are further developed once you buy the plot, and since many of the components for city buildings are bought off other players, it would be next to impossible for FC to set a price on a city with buildings. The alternative, razing the city when it is transferred, would be really bad, as building a QL300 city takes a lot of time and effork and expense.

What remodelling the buildings and such has to do with this I have no idea though

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

What "issue" is that exactly? The alien pathing??? Yeah... that won't fix it. The city prices??? Those cities are owned by orgs. I think they would all be delighted to surrender their hard earned property, so that you may buy it at a lower price.

This is very possible and is NOT a great deal of recoding.
    To say it is... is pure BS.

I dont know what kind of programmers we have here but fact is, 3d models and textures allready made I can create an entire playfield within a few hours.
    Minus missions and characters, here I say just the playfield itself.
    I love it when the users of a system try to tell the software engineers how easy it would be to do something. Clearly, you know more about this piece of software than the developers themselves and they are just being lazy turds for not creating a new playfield every few hours.

When a game is introduced with promises of certain things the game should be able to provide these things at fair access to all purchasers of the game.
    Nowhere in the game does it state city prices are subject to change to meet profiteering demands.
    It doesn't state that for any of the thousands of items whose prices are subject to change to meet profiteering demands.

In current state , to own a city will cost you a purchas price of aprox 3 billion credits, compared against the 1.5 million (not billion) the game originally offered.

I see credits sold on a website for 245.00(USD) per 1 billion credits.
    Thats 735.00 (USD) to own a city in a 9.00 game.
    Inflation. It really sucks, but if everything was dirt cheap (can you imagine cities going for 1.5mil? A froob can make 10x that much by selling a couple of rings from the subway) then everyone would have everything and then we have nothing to strive for or to achieve.

This is a whine thread. I flamed you. Excuse me.

the easiest way to bomb the city sales would be to impose a maximum cash transaction of like 30m to players.

No player can give another player more than 30m in a 24hour period.

That ought to **** a few things up
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

As well as pretty much any other trade between players!

this is not a cold hard fact. this is based off your desire. go learn some economics. it's an mmorpg, almost all of which harbor an ingame economy. if you say this, then everything in the game that can be traded or sold has to have a set price, and not just that, you have to go through funcom.

go cry and whine in your pillow please, these threads are getting old. yes, things should be done to allow more orgs access to cities. but your reasoning for why such things should be done is horrible, and frankly, stupid. cities are commodities just like any other item in the game.

the day you get a city just because you think all players should have one, is the day i get a terminal that lets me buy anything in the game for a "reasonable" price. oh yeah, and my idea of reasonable is 0 credits. *roll eyes*
    Last edited by Lumifly; May 4th, 2006 at 15:42:30.

Nobody expects the few who currently own cities to agree.
    The problem is existing for those who DONT have a city and find it
    impossible to raise 3 billion credits in the game.

You raised 3 billion credits inside the game ?
    It's not very likely so either you got the city before the economey
    was corupted or you went to ebay and bought the credits
    thus being in support of the root of the problem.

Seriously, stop using this 3billion figure, it's flawed. Most cities don;t come close to that, and yes many people can make that much without buying credits. This is because most cities are bought by groups, not single players. Almost all the cities I know are shared by several people, it makes sense. You share the cost and next to nobody can raid for 12-14hours a day, every day, so sharing is good sense.

You're basing your "facts" off nothing more than assumptions and the assumptions of other people. This is a problem, but these whine threads don't offer any sort of constructive solution.

Enjoying RK4

Well.............

Nobody expects the few who currently own cities to agree.
    The problem is existing for those who DONT have a city and find it
    impossible to raise 3 billion credits in the game..
    I don't own a city, but i left an org for another org because i wanted to get more axp. That was my solution to the problem. There are other solutions as well...

[/QUOTE]
    You raised 3 billion credits inside the game ?
    It's not very likely so either you got the city before the economey
    was corupted or you went to ebay and bought the credits
    thus being in support of the root of the problem.[/QUOTE]

I don't have near that much credz, but i've spent 300m recently on phats, so i've generated that much in credz and I NEVER bought credits from ebay. They are all earned by yours truly. I started this game as a froob about 18 months ago and have been a paid customer for nearly a year.

Now, you take 6 toons that have generated 500m credits and you have 3B. Raising that amount of credits is not impossible; hard, but not impossible. And i'm still so noobish that i'm still learning about ways to make money.....

Adapt to the game / learn to take advantage of situations / be smart. I'm still using those guides in my daily gameplay....

Stating valid issues is not whining.

Whining would be Im gimp because my character is level 50 and
    a level 100 beat me up.

The many people who are not able to play the game at its fullest
    because of a corupt economy have a very valid issue.

The credits you get from kills has not changed to meet the economy.

Farmers are grabbing up anything of value and reselling it making
    it difficult or impossible for the newer players to even get good armor.

Everything Ive said makes perfect sense except those who refuse to listen.

Funny the same objecters here are the same ones to fly into every thread regarding correction of this very issue.

I see ZERO constructive input and nothing more than total argument and shoot down of valid issues being termed as whining.

Perhaps when all the newer players decide things have become impossible the game will be set aside and they will move on and funcom can earn money from the few here who allready have their org cities.

Sooo when the next expansion comes out the older players will quickly grab up all the ON DEMAND content and here we go again.

This is another fact wheter you agree or not so to me the next expansion is allready dead in the water.

Im in no way interested in adding to something when I have yet to gain from the first offer.

In all of his different whining threads ... I have yet to see where he was *told* he had to buy a city at all. Moreso, he has yet to show me where he was promised to be able to buy a city from FC directly.

Now, to address his actual complaint...

If you are finding cities being sold (actually bought) for the price tag of 3 billion credits, I suggest you start yelling at your fellow players. FC has NOTHING to do with how much people are willing to pay for cities.

If people COLLECTIVELY refuse to buy cities for outrageous amounts, either the prices will come down, or people will no longer sell them. There is a middle ground, you just need to help find out where it is and keep it there.

As for your "economy issues".. I spent a 1/2 day on Saturday running missions and selling EVERYTHING to shop vendors (not players stores), and ended up making 25 million credits.
    Last edited by Zzart; May 4th, 2006 at 16:42:20.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

You running half a day in missions and earning 25 million is the biggest bunch of BS posted yet.

Listen here I have over 3100 mission tokens and not a single one from doing the gun token mission.

Stop defending the profiteering group you work for and you know you do regardless how many times you try to say you dont.
    You are paid to do this and you now it.

If you have an org city why would you even concern yourself with this issue ?

Instead of posting and hovering over the forum to cut down any objections to
    try to solve problems in the economy you should be playing the game.

Bottom line is that what you posted is pure BS and you know it as well as I do.

Report to your employer that you found a stubborn one who wont let up
    and insists you profiteers and ebayers have ruined the game for many people.

Ranting...no stating facts as usual.

If you have a city dont concern yourself with a shortage of cities.

Dude, anyone over TL6 can make 25mil per hour without much difficulty just from running CRU/anima missions. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that it is BS.

Please get your facts straight before you start insulting other people.

Enjoying RK4

Quote Originally Posted by Kissysuzuki
    the easiest way to bomb the city sales would be to impose a maximum cash transaction of like 30m to players.

No player can give another player more than 30m in a 24hour period.

That ought to **** a few things up

Lol I can just imagine the absolute chaos that would ensue for at least a few weeks. It would be complete bedlam.

You running half a day in missions and earning 25 million is the biggest bunch of BS posted yet.

Listen here I have over 3100 mission tokens and not a single one from doing the gun token mission.

Stop defending the profiteering group you work for and you know you do regardless how many times you try to say you dont.
    You are paid to do this and you now it.

If you have an org city why would you even concern yourself with this issue ?

Instead of posting and hovering over the forum to cut down any objections to
    try to solve problems in the economy you should be playing the game.

Bottom line is that what you posted is pure BS and you know it as well as I do.

Report to your employer that you found a stubborn one who wont let up
    and insists you profiteers and ebayers have ruined the game for many people.

Ranting...no stating facts as usual.

If you have a city dont concern yourself with a shortage of cities.
    You are so ... misinformed.

Get yourself into game and have someone do a /who is zzart.

Amongst other things, you will be told level 169 Omni Engineer with 8 AI perks.

First off, if I was farming raids, I sure as hell would have more than 8 AI Perks.

Second, I have over 1300+ missions myself, no gun tokens. If you have 3000+ mission tokens and still don't know what to roll for, THAT is YOUR problem, not mine, not FC's.

Before you accuse me of "getting paid" to do something, step down off your soap box and ask me to link what I have on in game some time. Check out ANYONE in my Org for that matter. You will be sourly disappointed to find out we have practically no AI equipment, other than the stuff you can generally pick up at open raids (We have had our city less than 2 months now). you can sit here and claim I "get paid to do this all day", at the same time I can deny it all day. I *KNOW* who is correct, you THINK you know who is correct.

Lastly, the REASON I am concerning myself with this thread/topic? Not 2 months ago I was ranting and raving like a lunatic, just like you. The only difference is that I smartened up and dealt with it as best I could, by your posting, you won't. Do a search on my name. Read the suggestions I gave to solve the issues with cities. Why don't *YOU* come up with suggestions to solve the problems instead of just complaining about them. I have yet to read a plausible suggestion from you. Hell, atleast I gave multiple suggestions for people to think about.

Oh, another thing, where were you 2 months ago when I was complaining about this back then? Must have had you nose burried in one of theose 3100+ mission tokens of yours.

Next time, don't come to a gun fight with a spoon and a sharp tongue. You might get a little farther.
    Last edited by Zzart; May 4th, 2006 at 18:54:39.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by damon7
    ... have been a paid customer for nearly a year.
    Aaaahhha! You slipped up! Clearly you have been paid to make these scripted remarks and belittle honest people's arguments just so your scum-sucking, profiteering friends can make an extra buck! Shame!!!11!

Seriously, I agree that there is inflation and prices on some things are high. But that doesn't put them out of reach - you just need to work harder and longer to get them. Just because it's in the game doesn't mean it must be handed to you on a silver platter. Different people are willing to work towards different goals - some will never own a city, some will never own AI armor, some will never get to 220, or AI30 or have the resources for a decent PvP toon, or see the Beast or whatever. If these things were cheap and easy, then they would give no sense of achievement, so they are worthless. The point is, if you are willing to work for it, you can get any of these.

I do see your point, but I also see a lot of frustration and whining. Just keep trying, you'll get the hang of it eventually. A million ways to make cash in this game and some of them may actually be fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast