Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breed

Breed

kk i thought i give crat a go (as i love my MP and their are to many engs) so i thought i would roll one and i thought as i had a squwishy NM MP i would go with trox crat just asking did i do the right thing or should i go with sol or NM?

Although I chose NM and there is no turning back, I would say go with your Trox. Those extra HP are veeeryyy nice regardless your playing style. You "may", altough Im not so sure, find it a little hard on your nanoskills with the lack of intelligense but Im sure it wont be too heavy obstacle.

Kyr
    Mr. Kyriakos Proud Secretary of RK1 Clan Assembly ...
    Always wearing a suit

[Assembly] Varija: horny it is
    [Assembly] Xeenah: Thanks for the hand!

na i got the xperince for that lack of things but i will start keeping him twinked around 50ish and every 25 levels so i keep nice and twinked :0) thx for the info m8 :0)

LTL

soli is better suited for the crat class currently..

our nanos in the high end game just don't drain anything off our nano pool... at 220 my opifex crat never sees her nano move. Also, because of level reqs on nanos.. atrox can cast the same things at the same levels in game as nanomage. In the low end game, the nanomage will have access to higher end RK nanos and pets, though. Based on that there just aren't enough advantages to NanoMage over Solitus for crats... hopefully into the future they will work to re-establish the hierarchy though..

For Crats the breed hierarchy should look like:
    Nanomage > Solitus > Opifex > Atrox

We are a long ways from that though and it's a gamble anything will ever change.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Like these kind people have already stated, there really isn't any good reason AT ALL to go nanomage anymore.. especially for the endgame.
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

Opi > Soli > Trox > NM
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

i have a 212 atrox crat. the only things i don't like:
    my nano pool runs our relatively fast
    most crat armour is going to be based on the wrong attributes

but other than that i havent found any real benefits or any major disadvantages.

so in your wisdom (your meing everone who has or can reply) shall i reroll a sol or opi? i am only level 26 or 27 atm so it wont take long to get back to that
    Last edited by LTL; Dec 13th, 2005 at 09:32:29.

Quote Originally Posted by LTL
    so in your wisdom (your meing everone who has or can reply) shall i reroll a sol or opi? i am only level 26 or 27 atm so it wont take long to get back to that
    As you can see in my sig, I have one of each... I notice a huge difference between my nanomage and my other 3. The underperformance even at low levells in large.

I'm not sure how quick you are at levelling back to 26-27, but it's far less than the time to 220 and by 220 the gap is so large between NM and others that I think you'd be unhappy.

Opi or soli will work... opi will at times have nano challenges (can be improved with arul sabas, etc)... soli are balanced across the board.

My solitus used to run out of nano in the title level 4/5/6 range but once the psychic got up around 210ish it ceased to be a problem. Nano concerns in the mid levels however are trivial compared to the low hp challenges you'll face in the end game as a nanomage.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

I dunno, I rolled a nanomage (on purpose! ) , mostly because I liked the look for a crat for some reason. The two advantages I've seen is that tier armor is int/psy based which can be helpful for nanomages, control unit symbs use int/psy/stam (easily buffable).

The other thing to think about is this, you can pick whichever breed you want and do well if you are willing to put effort into your toon. The difference in hp between a nanomage and a solitus is about 1k endgame (which is about a half of a hit in inferno), however, if you get things like your 1k board (or god forbid your 2.5k board) you will be better off than 99% of crats that are out there running around with xp pistols anyway. If you pay attention to your armor and your nanos and learn your profession you will do great with any breed imo (and I know because i have 2 nanogimps myself ) .
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

kk cool i will stay with my troxy :0) thx for the info guys

LTL

Quote Originally Posted by LTL
    kk cool i will stay with my troxy :0) thx for the info guys

LTL

you'll be happy as trox, I think..

I know of the three i'm levelling currently I am having the most fun on my trox =)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_o
    I dunno, I rolled a nanomage (on purpose! ) , mostly because I liked the look for a crat for some reason. The two advantages I've seen is that tier armor is int/psy based which can be helpful for nanomages, control unit symbs use int/psy/stam (easily buffable).

The other thing to think about is this, you can pick whichever breed you want and do well if you are willing to put effort into your toon. The difference in hp between a nanomage and a solitus is about 1k endgame (which is about a half of a hit in inferno), however, if you get things like your 1k board (or god forbid your 2.5k board) you will be better off than 99% of crats that are out there running around with xp pistols anyway. If you pay attention to your armor and your nanos and learn your profession you will do great with any breed imo (and I know because i have 2 nanogimps myself ) .

This is very true =) it's all about how you play your character more than anything else..

The tier armor is hardly a huge draw though, because it is inferior to a lot of other options.

I have a nanomage crat that I'm going to park at lvl 200 for mezz blitzing and whatnot. He is just soooo squishy. Against orange RK mission mobs if I dont land a mez on the third try, I'm dead. I sort of wish I had rolled trox, but on the low end I can see really hurting for nano with a trox. For high levels, I think trox would be the coolest. I have yet to see a trox with one of the crat-hats (Chosen and HI helmets) yet. WTB a screenie of that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by RedKross
    I have a nanomage crat that I'm going to park at lvl 200 for mezz blitzing and whatnot. He is just soooo squishy. Against orange RK mission mobs if I dont land a mez on the third try, I'm dead. I sort of wish I had rolled trox, but on the low end I can see really hurting for nano with a trox. For high levels, I think trox would be the coolest. I have yet to see a trox with one of the crat-hats (Chosen and HI helmets) yet. WTB a screenie of that though.
    Than maybe u are doing something wrong :P I have a NM crat and at lvl 129 i have no problrm charming and mezzing 200+ mobs on RK on the first try. Contemplation and TMD work just fine. Even i u fail, snare before retrying to mezz. A viral compiler will make sure u do this with time to spare although the recharge on some nanos is redicolously high :/. SL however is another sad storry for crats. The hitpoints are a downside and i must admit that sometimes i die in a RK mish, but 99% its a mine or more likely a trap :/. I was solving my problem by maxing health in imps, but since i swaped to symbs on most places i have to use behe from a friendly enfo. At 150 i will put on my + HP sabas and feel better, where at tl5 cap and breed cap ill max body dev and my worries will 'practicaly' disapear. NM will offer u to be WAY above troxes at early lvls (DeValos sleaves x 2), but at end game this will not mather for nanos. Only thing is that NM crats might find some symbs easier to put since they will only need to buff one atribute, be it str or stam, where a trox would on some symbs have problems with both psy and int which are harder to buff than str/stam.
    I can post a link to my current gear if anyone needs since i have put quite the effort in this crat and i think it has a preaty decent gear.

My crat is a little gimpy atm, and I never get CI, so I'm not casting Contemplation yet. I have about 740 PM/SI self. I have a couple symbs in, I'm using bronto armor (needs to get replaced very soon, like next time I'm able to get on) and a crat suit. I have a PILE of new gear waiting for me: Meisters, Monitor SS etc. The main thing I'm missing atm is De'valos sleeves. I'm not planning on making any more NM, so I'm not gonna buy low QL sleeves since I have 2x QL200 in my bank. I'm looking at getting into some carb for a while or something while I get quick dings to self contemplation. My crat is going to stop levelling at 200, theres another post I recently made about it. Trox = style though for sure.

Post the link tho! Lemme seeeee...
    Last edited by RedKross; Dec 14th, 2005 at 07:07:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor
    I can post a link to my current gear if anyone needs since i have put quite the effort in this crat and i think it has a preaty decent gear.
    Sounds like you have, keep up the good work. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate the link, and the old timers can give you some pointers if there are any to give. Sounds like you have it pretty together.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

lol i didnt reroll i rolled a NM aswel coz i found a low pair of De'valos in the bank so i am not sure what to have better pet or hp.
    i can see the advantages with a troxy but also what is wrong with him i might have to go with the NM coz i think i have 3-4 sets of De'valos around my toons at diff levels

This is what i curently have on, i am working on my symbs and my sabas will come on at 150 cause of the lvllock on them. I hope by than to have another part of arithmetic hopefully a bit higher and i am thinking about slaping an Ithaca or zastaba on him.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=23321

Also i would apriciate any feedback on better rings and maybe on the next chest item (vest of torpid sunrays?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast