Thread: Vengenance Be A Good Shade {prolouge Part 2}

A DARKER SHADE OF VENGEANCE {prologue Part 2}

PART 2

I looked up, it was all fuzzy. All I could remember was the great pain in my hand, the likes I have never felt, something about that knife was wrong. All the times I have been killed only to be resurrected again the pain was never this intense, like fire coursing through the blade itself, yet, the cold, still shaking from it even though the clock on the wall says iv been out for hours.
    I was tied to a chair in the up right position with one leg strapped up on a table, my pant leg pushed up, exposing my right shin.
    The smell of blood permeates the air, overriding the usual oil and grease stench, which usually is overpowering. My hand, still bleeding? Odd, it should have stopped by now, why is it still bleeding… the knife that ****ing shade stabbed it with, something familiar, long time ago, cant put my finger on it, cant think too much blood loss.

Looking up I see him, barely, sitting in the corner, in the shadows, blending with such skill. Only his eyes give him away. Those eyes, they look pale, with no life. Even with the blood loss and overall tiredness, they still are giving me goose bumps.

“What level are you? I asked, not expecting an answer.”
    “I am a lvl far beyond anything u can comprehend.” He was talking in a flat uninterested way that frightened me to the core.
    “I’m lvl 220 close to the highest u can get. What makes u think I cannot comprehend?” I tried to say flatly.
    “I am beyond levels, that is why u cannot comprehend.”
    “BULL****. No one is beyond levels.” I laughed. “Lets see, u have chosen armor, so u must be high lvl.”
    “Look again!” He said with irritation. “You a so called lvl 220 engineer should see what I truly am!”
    This guy is freaking crazy! Then I seen it the chosen armor and the blade, they glowed, not a bright glow but a dark shimmer that you could almost feel.
    It hit me like a ton of ****, a story, a myth I herd years ago “Your are of the sect, aren’t you.” Remembering old folk tails.
    He looked at me and without saying a word I knew.
    “Holy crap I thought your type of shade was an impossibility, a ghost story that you would tell your children to make them behave. I mean you can’t use the reclaim, if you die that’s it, you can’t come back to life. Why the **** would u do that, that’s insane!”
    Then he smiled, not a happy smile but the kind of smile that melts metal. “It is not that I can chose to use the reclaim I made that choice years ago, it is I can no longer use it my body has gone beyond the comprehension of machines. The thought of dieing and coming back to life, hundreds of times and thus becoming, in a sad way immortal, disgusts me to the center of my soul. You disgust me, and everyone who has anything to do with that technology disgusts me. You want to know why I chose this? Ill tell you.” He smiled again that same smile. “Think of it all u so called high lvl professions leveling while dieing and being reborn over and over, always riding on each others coattails, never truly once reaching a true level. Some of you begin to see but die and start over never really fearing death because in your world, death does not exist! Never reaching a level of consciousness beyond the first couple of levels. So think of it, never dieing once, through all your so called 220 levels, the level of consciousnesses and skill you would get, the level of being you would reach”…
    “So you never died once?” I asked in disbelief.
    “Twice. Once, 24 years ago, and the other last week”
    Then there it was, a sickening feeling of knowing the true extent of your own existence.
    “A god” I said in utter humiliation, when I realized whom I was truly dealing with, a man turned god!
    “That’s right a god, when compared to you, I am so far beyond you and your kind, that I would appear as such.”
    Then I wondered, “why me, why the Destroyers?”
    “Because it was you who made me. It was the Destroyers who killed me and destroyed my love in the meadow in the shadowlands 24 years ago. It was the Destroyers who so callously killed for fun.”
    “Ya, we killed for fun, but the reclaim, everyone came back.” I said nervously, already knowing where this was going.
    “Not everyone.” He said flatly.
    It was those words that sent a chill down my spine, I knew who he was, dear god I knew who he was! “How the **** did we know she would die and not come back.” Shaking, trying to keep my composure, “we didn’t know man, we didn’t know”
    THE BLADE, I remember now, it was a freaking SOUL BLADE. A blade fused with dark nanos, a blade that once it kills you, you can’t be reborn! That’s why my hand is still bleeding. “A SOUL BLADE, how the **** did u make a soul blade? The Destroyers polished me in hopes of making such a weapon, but I tried everything, I can’t be done!”
    “Oh but it can, I did it. You see u could never do it because it is a soul blade, you have to put your soul into it, and it’s simple. But the trick is you have to reach the true essence of love and then replace it with the true essence of hate. Impossible for most, because one cannot know true hate without true love.”
    “And most people never know true love because we trust no one.” I finished.
    Then he opened his armor to reveal his chest, and the scar over his heart, and I knew to create a soul blade u have to die!
    “You are going to use that on me, aren’t you.” saying it as a statement not a question.
    “Yes”
    “Then why should I tell you anything?”
    “Because if you don’t, when I am done you will be begging me to use it.”
    “**** you”
    “ I hoped you would say that”
    Then I screamed, screamed like never before.

He impressed me. I tortured him for 5 hours and he did not budge. He revealed nothing, I tore off his fingernails, cut him in every soft spot, put his head in a vice till I heard his scull crack, even put nails through his testicles, and he did not break. Until, I took the lathe to his shin, and scraped off layer after layer, while giving him meds to keep him awake. He gave me everything I needed then asked me to do it, kill him one last and final time.

I did.
    Last edited by idieeasy; Dec 7th, 2005 at 04:08:37.
    i would give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Let Me Know

Let me know if u want more folks. There is lots more to this story.
    i would give my right arm to be ambidextrous

very very interesting, nice to see some one showing the darker side to the shade with out it turning into all out psycopath

would like to see how this is going to pan out ^^

Yeah I want more, damn that's good!
    Overdriver - 220 opi Fixer
    Baxxter - 211 opi Shade
    Dahntu - 206 soli Soldier
    Overdover - soon-to-be-high lvl Enforcer

Pretty good, but lessen the vulgarity. It's like ****e... a little makes the story taste better, overdoing it ruins the dinner.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.