Thread: High level content

Lightbulb High level content

Hmm, i certainly dont hope that we wont have to wait until shadowlands to get highlevel contents. When you released the game you must have known that it would not take most people over 1 year to become level 90'ish.... (and ready for BS missions). I cant say i look forward to 110 levels of BS missions....
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Lightbulb playground for the High levelers

Hello all,

If you have a high level character think back to the days at the Shades camp in PM - wasn't that a lot of fun? Would it be so hard for Fun come to add a few 'shooting galleries' fill with VERY hard mobs that give lots of xp? And to make it even more fun put these into Mayhem areas. This would add a lot of FUN (hmm new word) into this game and would break up the mission mission mission monotony.

My two cents.
    215 MP - Proud member of Band of Brothers

Re: playground for the High levelers

Originally posted by Ghidora
    And to make it even more fun put these into Mayhem areas.
    Yea because it worked so well with borg camp in mort

they should strip 0% zones from the game, there is alot of space nobody ever goes to in this game, simply because its 0%.

Non pvp people wont go there cause they dont want to get ganked. Pvp people wont go there because there are more people to gank in popular pvp areas.

Melbringi 135 Clan Fixer RK2

Re: playground for the High levelers

Originally posted by Ghidora
    Hello all,

If you have a high level character think back to the days at the Shades camp in PM - wasn't that a lot of fun? Would it be so hard for Fun come to add a few 'shooting galleries' fill with VERY hard mobs that give lots of xp? And to make it even more fun put these into Mayhem areas. This would add a lot of FUN (hmm new word) into this game and would break up the mission mission mission monotony.

My two cents.

Those type of camps are already in game.
    People are just too lazy to seek them out.

Re: Re: playground for the High levelers

Originally posted by Miir

they are just filled with all aggro mobs, have no decent loot, no decent credits, are more dangerous than missions, have an exp gain roughly equal or less than missions, and arent worth hunting in general i cant immagine why nobody hunts there

they are just filled with all aggro mobs

So you need a skilled puller and a competent team.

have no decent loot

Granted, there is no 'boss' loot, but there is loot.
    And really, when you get to 150, you really have no need for loot unless you're twinking an alt.

are more dangerous than missions

You hit on my biggest complaint about missions.
    They are far too predictable.
    They are easy.
    There is no challenge.

have an exp gain roughly equal or less than missions

I know several camps where a 150 player can get 40-50k XP per mob. About the same a RM or Ace.

i cant immagine why nobody hunts there

Because people are lazy.
    People get stuck in ruts doing the same old Newland->Home level grind.....

Then they come here and complain about "no high level content".

Post I guess I wasn't clear enough..

I am talking about areas for people levels 175+. I have only found one area with mobs that are mostly Red to me (183 MP) and that is the Cyborgs base/city way up in the NE corner of Perpetual Wasteland. Now these Cyborgs are hard to kill (which is fine) but the xp sucks 34K or less to me.

And if the Mayhem is what is bothering you fine let FC put it in a non PvP zone. Just give the high level people more content please!

As to being lazy and not exploring...

I have explored every zone and there is nothing like the old shades and viurbuilder camps for the high level people.

The only mobs out there which U can hunt in large numbers are the Cyborbs, Medusa, and the Swamp creatures (forget their names). They all have low xp for high level people and it is just not the same action as attacking the old shade camps.

Another thought...

Maybe a better idea would be for a single spawning mob somesort of huge and very dangerous beast that when finally killed gives great XP but no special loot (to avoid some campers). Once killed have it respawn very fast. Or maybe just two or 3 beast - something to add some life back to the game. Now days, when I level every IP goes into tradeskills cause at this point making a few nano crystals is a welcome relief from the mission treadmill.

bump it or bash it
    215 MP - Proud member of Band of Brothers

they are just filled with all aggro mobs

So you need a skilled puller and a competent team.
    for what purpose? oh yes, so we can take larger risks for less reward.

Granted, there is no 'boss' loot, but there is loot.
    And really, when you get to 150, you really have no need for loot unless you're twinking an alt.
    damn i was looking forward to finding another trinket of uselessness off a mob! there are lots of things that can be found doing missions that are of use, even if it's only use is to distribute to lower levels in the guild.

are more dangerous than missions

You hit on my biggest complaint about missions.
    They are far too predictable.
    They are easy.
    There is no challenge.
    no there isnt and i don't think anyone will disagree, but that doesnt mean that BFE crap camp in the swamp is a viable solution

have an exp gain roughly equal or less than missions

I know several camps where a 150 player can get 40-50k XP per mob. About the same a RM or Ace.
    As do I, I've hunted at nearly everything that could pass as a camp or spawning ground in the artery vallies, mort/perpetual, etc... none of them are actually worth the risk however.

MORE risk+NO useful loot+NO experience bonus (i got 1mil earlier from a mission we spent 20min in)+equal experience per kill != reason to hunt there

i cant immagine why nobody hunts there

Because people are lazy.
    People get stuck in ruts doing the same old Newland->Home level grind.....
    no, it's because there is no point in actually going there to hunt because it's worse hunting in every way

Then they come here and complain about [i]"no high level content"
    well that would be because there is no high level content save for what a few mentally challenged buffoons think is worth hunting dispite having no redeeming qualities compared to missions. Hell even the dynacamps were a wash, nobody hunts at those moronic things save for people looking for stuff they want from the grey/green bosses just because half the damn things are all aggro mobs.

probably one of the most fun thing ive done in this game was to cut a path through the mass of borgs in milkey way and spend a while with a couple groups of people killing the group of 3 pitlizards in milkey way... but you know what? when we walked away we all said wow that was fun, completely worthless and no reason to ever come back but it was cool to see and do once. It was incredibly dangerous compared to missions, loot was basically nonexistant, and the exp was actually WORSE than equal difficulty mobs in a mission.
    Last edited by Tetra; Aug 5th, 2002 at 07:56:32.

Re: Re: playground for the High levelers

Not sure that is necessarily true, but the problem imo is the reward vs risk is not good enough to most people. Yes , there are places (like the poster above pointed out , in PW at the Cyborg camp) but the exp is no better, and loot (unless it is rare loot , is not an issue at high levels) ,so why bother to get team, fly all the way there when you get exactly the same results doing missions? If perhaps Funcom would put some rare items on the Cyborgs , maybe raising the exp from 34 to 50k per kill to say 100k to 200 k per kill, yea maybe if would be worth gathering just the right team (docs, calmers etc) to take the time to do it. I played EQ a long time and did the Planes and Dragon Raids. It took ALOT of planning, ALOT of people , and risks were very high. However the chance of getting that rare item (we didnt do it for exp, just loot) made it worth the 5 hours it took to do the raid. I am sure Funcom did not intend on us doing BS missions constantly till level....somebody early on , figured out that it was an efficiant way to level...and slowly people started following suit. Maybe the high level content IS out there, but is not set up in a way that can compete with the BS missions . Heck I even tried getting teams to go to Avalon for missions, just to do a different map for a change of scenery (Norther Avalon missions are close to camelot with save terms and stores and a grid) but was told the exp reward is less in Camelot than BS...soooo

I hate to complain too much about all this because I am afraid that Funcom , as it has done in the past, instead of fixing the risk/reward issue, will nerf BS missions . THAT I think is NOT something we want to see.

Team missions over level 150 are low-to-zero risk for the best reward.

Team missions over level 150 are low-to-zero risk for the best reward.
    With my fixer at lvl 80-90, I teamed through QL 170ish missions pretty risk free. Its to easy, the challenge is gone, gimme something that really makes me struggle, and I dont talk about Tarasque armor...
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!