Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after Cellular Recuperation....

after Cellular Recuperation....

I was told some months ago that the next SL heal at L201, Assauge Pain, was not as good at CR, but I forget the reason why (the temp HP Buff?), and I'd like to know if this is still the case....

Are any of the other SL heals not worth using or considered secondary to a previous heal or should I use them all as I get to it (um, which won't be for a while, but still, I wanna know!).

Thanks!
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

The 175 heal refreshes the temp hp buff everytime you cast it resulting in an extra heal for whatever the temp hp buff is, this outheals the 201 SL heal. From what I understand there are rare teaming situations where the 201 is better then the 175 but I didn't care enough to remember why.

The 205 heal is you next upgrade after 175 and I'm clueless as to what comes next.
    wtb content

If you have another doc in team using the 205 heal, then CR's HP buff doesn't happen (better nano program already running) and therefore Assurge Pain will heal for more than CR, but thats the only instance.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

it would also come in handy if you are healing someone under lvl 165, as they won't recieve the HP buffage, so the greater initial heal of the 201 comes into play.
    Malik23 - 212/13 Neutral MP - My current setup - Current Gear
    Doctamalik - 216/18 Neutral Doc - Current Gear
    PvtPile - 150/16 Neutral Soldier - Lots of good stuff :-P

Of course, at some point they may actually fix the data bugs affecting several doc nanos... but as it's not happened yet, so CR until 205 is the norm.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I'll also use AP if I know that after I cast the heal, I'm going to toss off a couple of DoTs. By the time I cast and recover from the DoTs, the temp HP buff from AP is down, so I get the full effect on the next heal.

Still, it's a pain to try to remember which one to cast when, so I often just drop back to chain CRs.

if you have to heal only once every 12+ seconds, the ql201 is better, since then there is practically a temp-hp-buff refreshed on every heal
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

That said if you only have to heal every 12 secs the extra healing power from AP's hp buff probably isnt a big issue :P
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

And CR has the advantage of being instacastable on full def, which can help a lot at those early shadowlevels
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    Of course, at some point they may actually fix the data bugs affecting several doc nanos...
    *cough* That would be awesome!

CR outheals Touch of Kindness (205heal) doesnt it?

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Olabil
    CR outheals Touch of Kindness (205heal) doesnt it?
    Not quite. Except when target is between 165 and 200, when ToKs hp buff doesn't work, but CR one does.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

Nope, still exactly the same.

No, and don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon, I imagine. It's not as annoying as the 203/207 bugged DoTs, though--argh.

But hey, we get to save credz by not buying AP!

And to sort of answer the original question, other than AP at 201, you'd want to get all the other SL heals as soon as you hit their level reqs if you want to keep up your optimal healing.
    ClockDoc(220/30) - proud member of Obsidian Order (recruitment thread)

wtb 215/217 dots as well instead of 2x217 but the 203/207 dots are the really silly ones.

You level very fast from 201 to 205 as well, so not really worth the credits imo
    Chevastagaz 220/30 Keeper (Damage maniac) Setup
    Herogimpus2 220/15 Doc
    Corraya 220/20 Keeper (PvP n00b Keeper) Setup
    Dragondar 220/7 NT

I skipped it, went right from CR to ToK and I haven't suffered yet for that decision. You could however write a small book on **** I don't know yet and therefore take it as what I did and not a recommendation.
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

I went straight from CR to ToK as well, didn't even bother buying AP for completeness, and I've never suffered for it. Have bought every heal since ToK though, only 3 more to go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast