Thread: Are tradeskills really that broken???

Are tradeskills really that broken???

Judging from what I ahve seen in guides and such, it seems like tradeskills are rather broken in many case. Many weapons cannot be built, armor cannot be made, etc., etc.

Coming from DAoC, I really liked tradeskills as a nice diversion. It certainly adh its problems, but player made items were a major part of the economy. That doesn't seem to be the case in AO, but that might be my own ignorance.

So, I wanted to make a trader or engie in order to do some tradeskills. There doesn't seem to be any decnet guides around, and what I ahve seen has been rather sidcouraging, to say the least.

If the tradeskills are just plain broken (recipes not working, etc.) why haven't they been fixed? My is the developers working on an expansion when the base game is still broken?

Berkut

Yes they are that broken.

Weaponsmithing.. Chemical Maussers and finishing a couple of the recepticles.

Nanoprogramming.. probably the only one that is really worthwhile

Engineers need one or two of them to use trimmers and whatnot, but they don't work all that well anyway.

Just about everything is needed in very (too) high numbers to make nano crystals

Armor? heh, new.

Pharmatech is useful, somewhat. Few good things here but very expensive.

Aside from the virral egg, that's about it.

Wish we could mod weapons and armors.. would be really worthwhile then.

The ability to modify weapons is implemented. This recipe can be bought in General Recipes shop:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=155926&t=ag

Also read and feel free to comment or come with suggestions in this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=36439

I mean useful weapon mods.. those are a joke really.

Ammo capacity, crits, range, base damage.. ect