Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

Thanks

Just want to express my thanks for your skin. I love Notum4 - did a couple minor layout changes (moved the roll-up bar to the left, stacked the bottom menu buttons vertically on the bottom right, and moved the NCU/Money bottom bar to the left also).

Just have one problem now... How do I move the Initiative/Nano Casting bars from the top left? I'd like to move them down near the middle bottom.
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

Quote Originally Posted by Myrjala View Post
    Just have one problem now... How do I move the Initiative/Nano Casting bars from the top left? I'd like to move them down near the middle bottom.
    Those are hardcoded into the game, they can't be moved :| most that can be done is modify their color... sadly :/
    Malentor - Doctor

Yup, thats one of the things I really like to become customizable. Hopefully the guys at FC will do that if they got some spare time one day.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorgnom View Post
    I downloaded your GUI yesterday and I like it so far .. but right now I got an error and actualy no Idea how to handle it.

For Example: http://img447.imageshack.us/my.php?i...crn0120ul5.png right here you can see that everything worked fine so far.

But now it has happen. I relogged today to an alt to make his new GUI layout I used to have on my main. Well, as you can see on the following link I lost on all toons my aggdef and creditz bar, inclusive on my main. I allready checked out the options menue to find an option to turn it on .. but seems like there is non.

http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?i...crn0121bf6.png

HELP
    I've had that problem a couple of times myself,I solved it by just take out the default folder and just put it somewhere in the meanwhile,then log on a quick round.And when u log on everything will be even more fcked up but just log of right after.And when u logged off again,put the default folder back to where its suppose to be a log on and it should be fix.At least it works at my comp
    Togafix 320 Fixer

Casting NCU

:(

Quote Originally Posted by Malentor View Post
    Those are hardcoded into the game, they can't be moved :| most that can be done is modify their color... sadly :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Yup, thats one of the things I really like to become customizable. Hopefully the guys at FC will do that if they got some spare time one day.
    Well shoot! FC, If ya'll are reading this, please make them skinnable, please! It annoys me to no end to keep looking way up in the top left when casting. I would so love them to be movable, so I can put them were my focus is on the screen, especially when fighting, which is near my hotbar & targeting bars, at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!

And thanks again for your awesome skins, Misat!
    Last edited by Myrjala; Dec 18th, 2006 at 17:43:09. Reason: Grammar
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

I lub u Misat0 *sniff*

I recently had to return to default.
    so far it isnt helping.

I keep crashing to desktop, crash report sent to FC.
    I thought it might be because of LE and the Notum Edge gui I had.
    I reset the GUI to default and reinstalled a clean LE gui....No luck
    I still crash. I am gonna have to redownload and reinstall AO.

just a warning

EDIT: oh the crash is happening due to Defaultsystem.dll
    I tried removing the offending DLL and making AO redownload it.....Still crashed :/
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Can this problem with the agg def and credz ncu bar be fixed anyhow? I dont really like it when it hides without any reason, and at least not being able to turn it back on
    Life is a Playerkiller

Legends may sleep, but they never Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Togafix View Post
    I've had that problem a couple of times myself,I solved it by just take out the default folder and just put it somewhere in the meanwhile,then log on a quick round.And when u log on everything will be even more fcked up but just log of right after.And when u logged off again,put the default folder back to where its suppose to be a log on and it should be fix.At least it works at my comp
    trying that now
    Life is a Playerkiller

k it has worked toga . thx .. but it just suxx that I had to redo some settings
    Life is a Playerkiller

Yeah, I find mostly that when there's a problem with something in the GUI it's because I didn't follow Misat0's instructions right, but after doing it 5 or 6 times for different patches (requiring a clean default GUI to patch) that I've got all the steps memorized now.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorgnom View Post
    k it has worked toga . thx .. but it just suxx that I had to redo some settings
    For future reference: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...19#post4332819
    (page 14 of this very thread)
    Kirke Issica Rafael, chief ninjal33ter of Omlety, nano uber advy.
    Lady Gniewica, nano PVP trader.
    Seppun Rumiko Sama, nano s10 crat.
    Tradycja Konwencja Technokracja, nano firstchar NT.
    Wojownicza Kruszynka Zaglady, nano mongo4life enfo.
    Nano shade of doom still pending.

Omlety, jedyna polska organizacja na RK2 po stronie Omni, rekrutują! Zapraszamy na forum.
    ...and yeah, OmniTek protects.

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say Misat0 thanks bunches for this skin. I installed it ages ago from a collected group of them and never saw this thread. I tested dozens of skins for AO and once I found this one I was in love with it right away. I have never had any problems with it what so ever and feel it is by far the best skin ever.

Much <3 for your efforts!

which tool do u use to skin?
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Just wanted to request a little change... could you make the mission waypoint on the compass orange/yellow, and the mission/shop markers on the map the same? They blend in too much with everything else to see, and orange/yellow is kinda the secondary color on the theme so I think it'd work well
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Twader View Post
    which tool do u use to skin?
    I use AO-Skintool to extract / compile the GUI-files and mainly Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop for Imaga editing. For editing the GUI-definition (XML) files I use UltraEdit-32, but the most other text editors should work aswell. I used some XML-editors too, but they sometimes caused XML-files, which could not be interpreted by AO (they were valid XML, it was just AO interpreting them wrong, this may be corrected by now).

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarzt View Post
    Just wanted to request a little change... could you make the mission waypoint on the compass orange/yellow, and the mission/shop markers on the map the same? They blend in too much with everything else to see, and orange/yellow is kinda the secondary color on the theme so I think it'd work well
    These elements are already on the todo list for next release, and I'm thinking of how to do this best.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

thanks man <3 ur Dark skin
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

I have a bit of a problem. When I used your Notum Dovvetech skin and logged on, I had some parts missing. I couldn't find my ncu bar or my money bar, and when I opened trade with vendors, it said "Failed to load GUI defintion" (or something like that). I tried to download the old skin back and replace everything, but now I'm stil having the problem with the Failed gui definition. Please help
    They must find it difficult...
    Those who have taken authority as the truth,
    rather than truth as the authority

-G. Massey, Egyptologist

Keeper Tournament II

I can't log in.. I've been having alot of trouble installing a GUI, even the original.
    I get to the point where I can see the darktech intro, seconds thereafter I am sent back to log in giving me the disconnection screen.

I'd like to start over but I've already reinstalled once to fix it..

anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I downloaded alot of GUI's trying to fix it..
    what should I delete to start over again?

argh!
    thanks in advance,

~drakidia

EDIT: overuse of the word "screen" fixed.

EDIT2: It was a connection issue. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANY OF THESE SKINS. Except mine is missing a def/agg bar
    Last edited by dontblink; Jan 27th, 2007 at 20:12:00.

Not sure...all I can say is make sure you follow Misat0's directions word for word. I've never had a problem with these skins ever.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast