Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

This method should normaly work, weired it doesn't in some cases...
    Any pattern in which cases it happend would help.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Issica View Post
    In my case (darktech mini, don't remember the exact version when it started) it happened so far three times, quite randomly. Once after reinstaling the skin, but twice just without any apparent reason.
    It affects all chars and accounts (as we can see, the "prefs.xml" in question is outside accounts folders) and is not fixable from ingame - checking and unchecking various options in F10 window does nothing.

I install every new version of your skin after renaming "default" directory with the previous one (hm, quite an archive I have now...), overriding GUIGFX files without deleting/renaming them first.
    Similar to me. Originally I was using the Notum Edge skin to replace an older ( and much beloved ) skin. when I ran into the original problem I tried all the checking and unchecking. Then tried reinstalling the skin. Tried resetting AO to base and Then installing the skin. Then went to a reinstall of AO (for other reasons) and reinstall of the skin. each time trying the F10 options.
    Finally I ended up with editing the xml file for the left bar. seems it was stuck on False for me
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Ok, I had it workin on my other comp. I did it then, but I took a 2 week break an forgot what I did to fix it.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4517/ss1pc0.png

The things circled in red. Idk why its showing bubbles instead of the normal icons. Btw this is a direct copy/paste from my other comp. I copied all ao files an put them on this comp. I remember this happening when i first installed it orginally on my other comp, but i forgot what i did. please Could someone with their infinite knowlegde enlighten me on this complicated problem :P

^^ also0 noticed I dont have the other parts of gui9 correct, such as agro/def bar markings. Or placement.

Follow install instrctions correctly, you have chosen a wrong or the standard guigfx file in launcher settings.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Ok, thank you very much. Im pretty sure I have the correct one to chooc tho. As I only have one. However when servers are back up I'll test.

I also found the GUIGFX.UVGA file when I looked in through my programs. But when in anarchy settings window I only can view the .UVGI files so I assume I did it right. But again I'll make sure when servers are up again.

Thank you for your help Glad to know you keep up with this thread so well

Edit: Ok I followed the install directions to the T. I did everything it said step by step. Yet still I dont have the correct GUI look. Do i need a re-install of the files, since its on a different comp?
    Last edited by Archon5; Sep 27th, 2006 at 16:06:12.

After unpacking the Archive you should get a GUIGFX.UVGI and a .UVGA file in your "Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\Archives\<Skinfolder>" where <Skinfolder> is either Notum4, NotumEdge4, Dark4 or DarkMini4 depending on what skin you installed, in the launcher settings you should choose the .UVGI file in the corresponding folder.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

hmm, for some reason their is no skinfolder under archives. When I open archives folder all I see is the two .UVGA an .UVGI files. No sub-folders within the archives folder.

I would make another folder under it, tho I dont know what belongs their. Could you mabey tell me what folder/s are spose to be under archives. Mabey I can find them somewhere an install those their instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon5 View Post
    Ok, I had it workin on my other comp. I did it then, but I took a 2 week break an forgot what I did to fix it.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4517/ss1pc0.png

The things circled in red. Idk why its showing bubbles instead of the normal icons. Btw this is a direct copy/paste from my other comp. I copied all ao files an put them on this comp. I remember this happening when i first installed it orginally on my other comp, but i forgot what i did. please Could someone with their infinite knowlegde enlighten me on this complicated problem :P
    That exact thing is what happens when using the Dovetech skin file chosen in the settings menu) without the other directory that replaces the textures. So all your getting is the dove positioning but its calling the old resources for the graphics.

You most likely put those files in the wrong path.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

i know im pretty late into the Thread, but i wanna say that it's cool to see people still using GUI skins and help players with them. I had a hell of a time trying to get one installed before SL came out.
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Archon5 View Post
    hmm, for some reason their is no skinfolder under archives. When I open archives folder all I see is the two .UVGA an .UVGI files. No sub-folders within the archives folder.

I would make another folder under it, tho I dont know what belongs their. Could you mabey tell me what folder/s are spose to be under archives. Mabey I can find them somewhere an install those their instead.
    That are one of the 4 folders I mentioned in my post before yours, depending on which skin version you installed. You may also make a folder on your own and just extract both files into it, then chose the .UVGI in the launcher.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

ok, all that needed to be done was create a folder named notum4 like you said. I just added the two files an it worked fine. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome.

Just weired it didn't work the "easy" way.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Bump for the best skin out there. :-)
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Notum Edged For President !
    Clan Agent Mrbbad &
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat Rockstar! Mrbb &
    Clan Rockin' Doc Drgaius &
    Clan Engineer Rockstarr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Account Created: June 27, 2001.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove mouse?

Love this skin, Thanks so much for the work.

Is there an easy way to modify some files to remove the mouse graphic back to the default? I don't like the tiny mouse arrow in the new skin, otherwise perfect.

Great skin. The only thing I don't like is the color of the mission marker in the compass (dark mini). Can you tell me how to change it from blue to yellow?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Right, it can be easy to miss the mission marker on the compass. And... where does the marker for a selected shop on the planetmap come from? From the map or from the skin? Because it recently turned blue-ish for me, and I would really prefer some brighter color here as well.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Come to think of it, the misison mark on the PF map changed from an x to a dot. I thought that was done by the patch though, not by the skin (I installed both at around the same time). Am I right?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheriah View Post
    [...]Is there an easy way to modify some files to remove the mouse graphic back to the default? I don't like the tiny mouse arrow in the new skin, otherwise perfect.
    You have to unpack the skin GFX-files, replace the skins cursors by the ones you like and repack the skin GFX. For information how this is done please look at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Great skin. The only thing I don't like is the color of the mission marker in the compass (dark mini). Can you tell me how to change it from blue to yellow?
    Same procedure as for Zacheriahs.

Additional to that I am working on a skin suite wich can be configured for personal needs by every user (i.e. Corsors, Window borders, ...), but this still needs time to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    Right, it can be easy to miss the mission marker on the compass. And... where does the marker for a selected shop on the planetmap come from? From the map or from the skin? Because it recently turned blue-ish for me, and I would really prefer some brighter color here as well.
    Comes frome the skin and yes it is hard to see after my change on most planetmaps. Will be changed on next release.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Come to think of it, the misison mark on the PF map changed from an x to a dot. I thought that was done by the patch though, not by the skin (I installed both at around the same time). Am I right?
    This comes from AOs original skin files as the minimap dots are no longer altered in the Notum gui skins since version 4.16.3.
    Last edited by Misat0; Oct 21st, 2006 at 17:22:04.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]

[ The Foolish Testers ]

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast