Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Crat Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Shevaya
    CDR + dark pistol from COH is good if below lvl 190
    you can upgrade that into Kyr pistols with type1 and type4 after lvl 190
    On the engie forums, they usually recommend a CDR + type 1 setup for pistols. And to exchange the CDR for a type 4 at roughly 1.3K burst skill. I'd have to look up the math behind this, but I guess it should work the same for engies and crats. Only difference is that you have the Dark Pistol you can use before you get an even better type 1. "Problem" with the Dark Pistol is that it goes into the left hand, so you will never use its Fling Shot when dualling with a CDR. Type 1 you can put into the right hand. Fling Recharge of the AI pistols is faster than that of the CDR or the Dark Pistol. If you can do without the nice bonuses from the Dark Pistol of the Revoked, any Type 1 Pistol of ql96 and higher should give you more damage. At least in SL where only min damage counts.
    So... if you are rich or lucky and want to go pistols, get a CDR on at lvl41, add a Dark Pistol of the Revoked as soon as you can get it on. Exchange the latter one for a Type 1 as soon as you can wear one of roughly ql100 and up. Exchange the CDR for the highest Type 4 pistol as soon as you get around 1.3K burst skill.
    That is, if you want to spent craploads of IP on 2 special attacks ofc. And a fair amount of money on the typed pistols. If you cannot do that, or do not want to, CDR+Dark Pistol will keep you going for quite some time and lvl190 might be a good guesstimate on when to finally start upgrading weapons and start doing serious damage with your guns.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    dont forget MR
    even if you get a low kyr and 1.3K burst then you still need to raise Multiranged by a large amount. something which you wont have to do very fast with a CDR.
    and will save more ip for the 201-205 levelling where you burn trough ip very fast.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

Hi People

ok, what Luuv has written there sound verry good to me.
    A long time a used The DPoR and the CDR. Great setup for a low lvl crat.

What I don't understand is why you here never thought about two of this babys:
    Sleek Minor Fantastic 04
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=208015

It has a great minDmg, is very fast and not very hard to equip. Only Pistoll und Multi is required.
    I tried 2 Flux, but they are much to slow, and my Sleeks are still overdmg the Flux. And the Sleeks I'm now using since 40 lvls.

Ok, may be a important information ... i'm waryng every dmg item i was able to get. IS Rings, IS Shoulderpart, TotW Shoulderpart, Bracers ......
    May be posible, that without these Items I would do more dmg with the Flux.

Combined with the 1/1 attack rate the Sleek runs very well.

but now I'm lvl 193, and will look for AI Pistols ...

byby,
    Soltus

pls. ignore my bad Englisch, I am a german one

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    well there are a few things about that sleek
    1) it has no specials which will hurt because we are a profession casting alot of nano programs and you can only use specials during nano attack time.
    2) at the same ql (150) a kyr pistol even untyped has a higher min dmg.
    3) almost all other pistols have a higher crit
    4) the gun is slow compared to all others. it will require more ip into ranged init to get that gun to 1/1.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

I'm a pistol fan, I think its very crattish
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

shotgun is good, if you want to invest ip into concealment.

in pvm.
    with leet buff, i can pretty much aimed shot 99% of the mobs.
    13k is quite common.

pvp
    crats umm.. need heal nano ;o

Solar powered master engie pistol is an option too. Takes quite some IP into weapon smithing but once built u can reset that. The other required tradeskills can be mostly acquired by buff items, imps, city and trader/engie buffs. The MR requirement on this pistol is relatively low, and it has some nice modifiers. My crat is dual wielding it with revoked pistol atm, and will swap that for Kyr'ozch type1 as soon as hes able to wield it non-OE
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=164515

I still say Pistols are the weapon choice meant for crat.

we have gunslinger nano
    dark pistol of the revoked
    anun membrane gloves
    pistol mastery perk line

all crat items to buff pistol

plus the OET Jess line is my preferred for the buffs. Whatever I can do to get better charms, bot, and nukes will make the damage I do with my blue weapon skills an after thought.
    President of Vengeful Union - Now Recruiting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12