Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Crat Weapon

Best Crat Weapon

I am wondering what the best weapon I should use on my crat is. I see pistols seem to be very common, but when I started this game way back when pistols got nerfed hard so i dropped them ever since. Also the fact that you have to use pistol, fling shot, dual weild, etc all costing far too many IP. I see the crat specific implants are all geared to shotguns so it looks like funcom suggests shotguns which I guess makes sense with the crit buff. Also the fact that while shotgun is dark blue you only have to increase shotgun and not thirty other skills. I am at a coin toss point here. I got the pistol from the noobie island upgraded so I put some points into pistol up to 16 to use it. Now I am at the implant point and see the shotgun implants going...err...I guess it was intended for me to use shotgun.
    IndyCC

Depends on if you have SL/AI expansion or not. If not I would go shotgun or CDR pistol. A nice shot gun drops in the inner sanctum too.

Me I go duel flux pistol, yes they are slow but in team I run full agg plus the addallof from aura/symbo/perks they fire reasonably fast. Solo I still use the flux mainly to add damage but not to do it to fast to draw agro of my pets.

I have never been IP short on my crat going duel pistol. Although I self buff everything, so I only max what I need to equip what I have.

I use a shotgun. an ithaca to be precise and well it is not like it is an uber pvm gun but it is somewhat decent in pvp.
    the gun adds some damage when soloing but add tts + mop and it kicks a$$
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Watchful/pensive spirit

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=238943 and http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=238931
    Right hand/left hand item that add a huge buff to nano skills. If you have these on + CI + de'valos sleeves + Alien tech expertise... you can actually LAND living embalming on a somewhat regular basis.

I saw some crat with Jame Blasters, they said that's c00l.
    Now, i'm using dual pistols, 1 of them is the "Dark Pistol of The Revoked", what u can find in Cript of Home, and the other 1 is a Kyr'Ozch Pistol. I'm satisfied with them
    I have in plan: AI pistols with fling+burst.
    The Inner Sanctrum shotty is cool too (using with my doc), but u can get that only after level 125. It's called "Maw of the Abyss".

I have dark pistol + type 4 kyr atm, with plans to do the dual kyr setup.

What I regret is that apparently I will never be able to pvp because of that choice.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Isn't there a shotgun that buffs something...my mind escapes me at the moment...
    IndyCC

There are many shotguns that buff stuff. =P
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    depends on your level really:

CDR + dark pistol from COH is good if below lvl 190
    you can upgrade that into Kyr pistols with type1 and type4 after lvl 190

At 210+ you have pistols, MBC, shotguns (pvp mainly i think), ...
    Even kyr SMG's might be good but never tested that option

Use shotguns if you have a PvP interest
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled
    There are many shotguns that buff stuff. =P
    I meant that helped crats, a nano line buff or something...
    IndyCC

Best crat weapon?
    A keeper on a second account
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsy
    Best crat weapon?
    A keeper on a second account
    Heh, true...my exploration group always has a couple real life friends who are an enforcer and a doctor. I am just trying to improve my part as best I can. Docs role is to keep up alive, enforcers role is to manage agro, my role is to manage adds but I might as well throw a shot off or two inbetween casts of DDs or calms.
    IndyCC

I use a type 1 type 4 combo crazy amount of dmg for pvm mbc's are ok but have 3 strikes against them in my opinion 1. thier slow 2. thier a big ip drain 3. No room for expansion (fc will always use pistols new pistols come out more often then new heavy weapons req.) and a few patches into le the mbc will go the way of the pain of patricia and be so so ho hum dmg. We all know this will happen just the only ones not admitting it are the ones using them ^^
    ~Riahmant
    Team riahmant! if looks could kill I'd be a murderer
    a peek into Riahmants life here
    Riah's mega glamorus picture book updared 6/8/06
    Riahmants myspace!
    Riahmant

I use Rifles, but I'm just a PvPer.
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

Best PVM setup is way different from best PVP setup.

MAW/Ithica will do the dual role...

PVM best is probably either Type 5 smg, MBC or dual pistols.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

for pvp i use this, http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124327

for pvm i use this, http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124284

with a good crit the Krut rocks at pvm, with no add damage items at all it will crit for about 4.7k, the fling recharge isn't as good as the Ithaca but the uber crits make up for it and i do more damage per/min with the Krut. Scope/tts/mop/coffee 4tw and a few sexy pand items even make it better :P

side note. didn't have to waste tons of IP to be effective in pvp and pvm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    Personally, I think my crat was around 110 last time I checked...

Talking

for my crat who is still a lowbie lvl 60 i am dual weilding Bronto Anaesthetic Pistol their great in a pinch poison damage it dishes out is allways decent.
    I have them in range from QL 60 to 150. been collecting them for this toon.
    It is war pure and simple. Just like them dying at my hands pure and simple.

www.solinvictuscomics.com Home base of the Ultimates

Mz Marvel Babayagaa Doc Bing Condalisa

I use a Type 1 in main hand and 195 type 4 atm in off hand, (wanting to keep it below to 200 due to the insane req of Multi Ranged ql 200 and above). With a small wrangle I can also swap my offhand into a Enchanted onehander for AS those times I feel like pvp'ing.

This setup is very IP expensive though. Nano pool & psychology resetted and nano skills keep slimmed but then again I spent a ****load into evades aswell.

Edit: Aslong as I don't fire to much specials I have no problems with grabbing agg when solo and if I do it's just to fire shuffle or CiB. When theyre running it's just to sit down and let the <3'ing healdelta do its work. And if that should fail go hide til pets got agg back =)
    Last edited by Icancalm; Feb 23rd, 2006 at 02:00:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Indycc
    Docs role is to keep up alive, enforcers role is to manage agro, my role is to manage adds but I might as well throw a shot off or two inbetween casts of DDs or calms.
    I've found on many occasions that I can "manage" aggro a lot easier than an enforcer! Mongo won't always get aggro off the Doc... sometimes 3, 4, or even more casts are required, however hit the mob with contemplation and bam... job done, Enf has aggro back and Doc is happy

Incidentally I have Type 1 as main with a type 4 in the off hand. 9sec fling recharge and 29sec burst recharge. Currently working on a set of bracelets to bump the damage a bit but overall I've found the setup very nice indeed.
    Sgtpajeron 220 /30/70 Solitus Soldier
    Drpajeron 220 /30 /70 Solitus Doctor
    Pajitsu 220/30/68 Opifex Martial Artist
    Proud President of L.R.R.P, Omni Atlantean
    1st Soldier named Sgtpajeron to equip a "Xan of Anger" 05/03/09
    Beetelguese has reached enlightenment on Deranged Xan... 1st?
    Pajitsu hit AI30 on Deranged Xan... 1st?
    1st Martial Artist named Pajitsu to equip Kuma Tonfa - Left Hand 28/12/11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast