Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Made Plants for Higher Levels?

Question Pre-Made Plants for Higher Levels?

PLEASE offer pre-made plants for much higher lvls in Superior Shops. It is the one thing that makes me want to stop playing AO. I HATE cluster shopping..NP shopping etc..

Make it super expensive if thats what it takes.

Kudos on the 10-20-30 plants, but I will give my testes to get em for higher lvls. (BTW, Ima Trox..so know worries hehe)

I use AOHelper, but I feel like I'm doing inventory...Which I HATE!

Any kind souls wanna help the cause?
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Agree...

Yep, that is what we're missing. If someone wants the best, let them shop around, but for those not wanting to waste time... Fill those shops with higher level general implants.

Where's our cluster stores that allow you to select the cluster & the QL to the exact specs that you want??????

Same thing for implants??????

And for those without the NP, what about pre-made higher level plants??????????
    .: Naraya :.

Arrow

I admit, trying to find clusters is a pain, but I doubt this will change, and as for pre-builts, again, not much chance. This is an MMPORPG, your *supposed* to interact with people after all...

Dark,

How is looking at shop terms , after shop terms for a cluster that fits the ql to make plant *interacting w/ppl?*

I'm sorry but that is flawed.

At the very least they should make clusters that match the ql u can buy an open plant to put it in....

*OT*

TM's have changed....Bosses have changed...beware...
    Kodiene
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Ummm, has anyone noticed the premade implants are absolutely horrible and almost useless?
    Level 220 16 Philip "Phil" Proteus, Engineer Equipment

So what

Not at all, my alt MA had usually 1 cluster per plant that was a strange choice, but.......read above statements.

Its an option, you don't have to use them. I am willing to not be the most Uber just to save me a headache
    Kodiene
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

jonhelgi, designer - AO"

YEs plz

Yes plz make those Hich pre made Implants for those kids buying lvl 200 account for xxx dollars!!! Plz plz plz!!!
    (ironic)

Amidaru lvl 166 NT

Re: Pre-Made Plants for Higher Levels?

Originally posted by Kodiene
    PLEASE offer pre-made plants for much higher lvls in Superior Shops. It is the one thing that makes me want to stop playing AO. I HATE cluster shopping..NP shopping etc..

Make it super expensive if thats what it takes.

Kudos on the 10-20-30 plants, but I will give my testes to get em for higher lvls. (BTW, Ima Trox..so know worries hehe)

I use AOHelper, but I feel like I'm doing inventory...Which I HATE!

Any kind souls wanna help the cause?
    That would make me go out of bussnies!! =p
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Kodiene, have you tried hiring someone to do the shopping for you? I am sure there are at least some people out there who still performs this service. Pay them your "super expensive" fee instead of giving it to a store terminal that will rip you off by selling you a probably flawed implant. It's worth a shot, anyway...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Originally posted by Kodiene
    Dark,

How is looking at shop terms , after shop terms for a cluster that fits the ql to make plant *interacting w/ppl?*

I'm sorry but that is flawed.

At the very least they should make clusters that match the ql u can buy an open plant to put it in....

*OT*

TM's have changed....Bosses have changed...beware...
    I never said it was. Building the actual implants *is*, shopping for clusters *isn't* - its just annoying, and whilst it would be nice if there was a mechanism to select QLs, I doubt it's going to happen.

I'd rather they populated the cluster stores with 3 of each cluster rather than 2, or even better, had twice the number of cluster terminals in a given trade section. It isn't ideal, but it at least has a chance of happening.

Originally posted by Darkbane
    I'd rather they populated the cluster stores with 3 of each cluster rather than 2, or even better, had twice the number of cluster terminals in a given trade section. It isn't ideal, but it at least has a chance of happening.
    What would be nice was if both the cluster booths in shops actually held different stock, that would double the avilability. This goes for all the trade-skill booths. I ask you, what's the point of having TWO of every shop in there when the stock is the same in both of them? As it stands now, the second set of shops just take up space.

-Dez

Lightbulb

Well i have seen all the profession specific finished implants, and they arent very Uber or anything, but the best thing would be to get a better system for getting clusters/implants. What a built in Nanonanny, and you deliver the "shopping" list to each terminal (shining etc) and if there are the levels you require it buys them/selects them for you. Still implants are one of the coolest features in this game, makes it a bit cyberpunk, even though the game doesnt open for anything close to anarchy
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Wink Ok Dom

Ok Dom,

I am putting myself out there to hire some1 for this horrible task. I just feel guilty getting some1 to do my work..thats all.

I just think its an idea that FC already thinks is a winner & why not step it up a little.

As far as the ironic ebayer's...well don't u think they have enough credits to pay some1 to do it?

Also, Dom since I used to be an Honored Guard..maybe a discount?

At the very least maybe FC will look at this and "Look into it."

lol
    Kodiene
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Originally posted by Dezzie

What would be nice was if both the cluster booths in shops actually held different stock, that would double the avilability. This goes for all the trade-skill booths. I ask you, what's the point of having TWO of every shop in there when the stock is the same in both of them? As it stands now, the second set of shops just take up space.

-Dez
    But it makes it look like theres more stuff. Just the same way Funcom approaches pretty much everything.

And if you need someone to make your implants, as long as you're not talking about ql 200s, I'll do them for you for free. I've quit ao, but I'm not done tying up the loose ends. So I'll be around on the forums for another week or so. Just post here and I'll see if I can log on and help you out.

And the proff specific implants aren't suppose to be uber. They are there to give new players who are too stupid to figure out the implant system a basis from which they can learn from.

Angry I HATE IMPLANTS!

I would have to agree with Kodiene. I absolutely HATE looking around for implants. I HATE shopping for, missioning for, and worst of all, I HATE trying to get someone to put them together for me. Implants SUCK! It's not fun! And the unfortunate thing is that they are VERY necessary to your character. I was very happy when FUNCOM implemented the profession implants. Although they are not the absolute best, they are better than nothing I'd love to see higher level profession implants perhaps up to ql 100 or 125.

At this point, my main is an Martial Artist and my secondary is a Soldier. I've started a MP and a crat to try to get to higher levels where I could actually do nano-programming. (So far, I must say that crats rule.) Neither of the these characters are high enough level to matter at this point. But I'm tryin'.

¿pmub
    Kodiene
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

jonhelgi, designer - AO"

To be pre made or not .. that is the question

All,
    Having recently returned to WA after an extended break due to injuries received in a dubious manor .... it would appear the wedding presents I gave to Mrs & Mrs Harnett of The Sentinals several month ago were not *exactly* what the ladies wanted <never upset a couple of married woman exp when they are both very experienced> this resulted in a memory loss and looting of equipment. (OOC delete/restart char)

I remember the absolute pain of collecting and making implants at the lower levels well from last time, so was delighted to see that a modicum of civilization has reached this planet in the form of the "pre-builds".

Given that the *new* arrival to this planet has many dangers to be beware of, not the least being the absolute lack of a decent tailor shop and not a bottle of Bolly in sight, without attempting to navigate the muddy waters of implant building.

I believe the whole idea of the low level "pre-builds" is excellent and should, given that the implant user has a modicum of intelligence, give a clear indication of what you should look to achieve in the future when organizing the first non "pre-build" implant acquisition.

Given the fact that the "pre-builds" are a tremendous move forward by the trading community it still surprises me that they can not see that the next improvement for customer service must be the ability to present clients with the most suitable goods relating to there profession and experience before offering the rest of the wares on sale.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

I can see how the pre-builts would step on those with high NP skill. I don't mind buying the pieces, and gettting a NP to do them.

However, the current process of buying clusters and imps of the appropriate QL is ridiculous. Just like trying to buy anything of a certain QL (armor, weapons) is ridiculous.

The shops are so random as to be essentially broken. If they just fixed the shops, people would use them more, and more money would flow OUT of the economy for a change.

Yes, I know people use the shops for imps now. But they put it off as long as possible (lvl50, lvl90, lvl125, etc.). I'm sure folks would buy new imps every 10 levels if it wasn't such a hassle.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Uhm.. You realize that clusters can be 10-20% lower than the implant they are meant for right? I don't really see what the big hassle is. I have never spent more than at most maybe 1-2 hours buying clusters, and that isn't too much for a set of QL200s that I have been using for many months with only minor changes. If it's so much trouble for you, then just hire someone else to do the shopping for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast