Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Definitive Guide to Weaponry for Tl4 Doctor's

Definitive Guide to Weaponry for Tl4 Doctor's

Ok, so, after about a month of work, I compiled a list of both the easiest to obtain AND the weapons which are great to use, for 100ish doctors.

Please Note that I say Tl4 in the title, many of these weapons are useable for a truckload of levels, but the reason I made this was that low-ish docs don't get much advice, and so my guide will focus on level 100 skills and concerns.

First off, I am going to list the Breed Abilites and what they Trickledown for, although this is a minor consideration at level 100, normally, it's something that's nice to consider for those who are serious about getting the highest QL possible .

So here they are.

Breed Abilities at Level 100 (maxed)
    Solitus
    Strength: 306
    Stamina: 306
    Agility: 306
    Sense: 306
    Intel: 306
    Psychic: 306

Reinforcing what we all knew, Solitus are equal with all Abilities and will NOT give a trickledown to any weapon on base abilities alone. (i.e, no imps for Abilities)

Nanomage
    Strength: 303
    Stamina: 303
    Agility: 303
    Sense: 306
    Intel: 315
    Psychic: 310

Nanomage definetly have an advantage with Intel and Psychic, however, these are pretty lousy trickledown's on weapons. They do not trickledown to any primary skill that I have tested, and only help Dimanch which has Psychic as a trickledown, and Multi Ranged which has Intelligence in it's Trickledown.

Opifex
    Strength: 303
    Stamina: 306
    Agility: 315
    Sense: 310
    Intel: 306
    Psychic: 303

Opifex are masters of Agility and Sense. Which is a trickledown for a good few primary skills, and a bunch of specials as well. As follows:
    Primary Skills
    Agility affects:
    1 handed-blunt
    1 handed-edged
    Bow
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Assault Rifle
    Rifle
    Sense affects:
    Pistol
    Assault Rifle
    Rifle

Special Attacks/Special Skills
    Agility affects:
    Fast Attack
    Burst
    Fling Shot (100% Agility )
    Multi Melee
    Multi Ranged
    Sense affects:
    Fast Attack
    Dimanch
    Aimed Shot (100% Sense )

Atrox
    Strength: 315
    Stamina: 310
    Agility: 306
    Sense: 303
    Intel: 303
    Psychic: 303

Atrox, as is (hopefully) very obvious to everyone, excel in Strength and Stamina. This affects:
    Primary Skills
    Strength affects:
    1 Handed Blunt
    1 Handed Edged
    2 Handed Edged
    Bow
    Shotgun
    Assault Rifle
    Stamina affects:
    1 handed Blunt
    1 handed Edged
    Assault Rifle

Special Attacks/Special Skills
    Strength affects:
    Burst
    Brawl
    Multi Melee
    Stamina affects:
    Burst
    Brawl
    Multi Melee

So, that's the breed abilities, and what they all affect (in my testlist) for those who wish that.
    Last edited by Stillian; Oct 29th, 2005 at 16:57:10.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Weapon Lines that I have covered for this guide are
    Melee Weapons
    1 Handed Blunt
    1 Handed Edged
    2 Handed Edged

Ranged Weapons
    Bow
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Assault Rifle
    Rifle

Now I know some of these choices are on the far end of the "WTF" line, but they are there, please don't flame, or you'll get 50 lashing's with a wet noodle...

1 Handed Blunt
    Howling Skull
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Wind's from: Defender of the Three and Lien the Memorystalker

Skull of Lamentation
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Wind's from: Lien the Memorystalker

Skull of woe
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Wind's from: Lien the Memorystalker and the Reanimator

Base Stats for 1hb at 100
    Solitus: 410
    Nanomage: 409
    Atrox: 411
    Opifex: 410

Buffs for 1 handed blunt:
    131 Skill Wrangler, from Trader
    Brutal Thug, 87 points of 1hb, from Enforcer
    Composite Melee Expertise (1hb Expertise for fr00bs). 20 points of 1hb
    Thug's Delight, from an Enforcer, 14 points of 1hb. Contrary to popular belief (mine included), this DOES stack with Brutal Thug, ty for Regidoc for her comment on the auno.org item listing for that.

Base Skills for Fast Attack
    Nanomage: 410
    Atrox: 410
    Opifex: 412

Base Skills for Multi Melee
    Solitus: 379
    Nanomage: 378
    Atrox: 380
    Opifex: 380

So, all 1hb weapons listed to NOT require you to sacrifice imp slots for you to equip those weapons. yay.

Reasons to stay with 1 Handed Blunt?
    Not too many, except for Kyr'Ozch weapons perhaps, 1 handed blunt becomes less and less of a viable (aka good!! ) option for doctors, there are pretty much NO follow up weapons after the ToTW ones, so, I listed them for being respectable weapons, but I feel they are more than outshined by other types.

1 Handed Edged
    Phase Blade
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Winds from: Common drop from Exharch's.

Base Skills for 1he at 100
    Atrox: 411
    Opifex: 411

Base Skills for Multi Melee

Reasons to stay with 1 Handed Edged?
    Actually quite a good reason, with the simple fact that Gelid Blades of Inobak (from the Inner Sanctum) can be raided for at 125 and become a very, very good (and popular, speaks volumes) choice at 150(ish) to...hell...220, for some. Kyr'Ozch axes also become quite popular, so sticking in with 1he might be an excellent choice.

2 Handed Edged
    Frost Scythe of the Legionaire
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Winds from: Common drop from Undead Legionaire's's.
    Energy Scythe
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Winds from: Common drop from Exharch's.
    Stygian Desolator
    Drops in: Temple of the Three Winds from: Semi-common drop from Aztur (you will need a ToTW twink or a good team to kill him!).

Base Skills for 2he at 100
    Atrox: 381
    Opifex: 379

Buffs for 2he
    Composite Melee Expertise (2he Expertise for fr00bs). 20 points of 2he

2he Skills after buffs
    2he Required for Stygian Desolator: 434

Solitus: 379+131+20=530
    Nanomage: 378+131+20=529
    Atrox: 381+131+20=532
    Opifex: 379+131+20=530

Reasons to stay with 2 Handed Edged?
    Although a very good choice, 2 handed edge is not something viably replaced, except possibly by the 2he weapons from Inner Sanctum, but which are not widely regarded for Doctors when compared to 1he. A good choice, and if you're willing to suffer for a few levels until you can improve to an AI sword or harness the power of the Inner Sanctum 2he weapons, then go for it, but if you're wanting an easy ride, might be better to go elsewhere.

Upgrades: Added Thug's Delight to the 1hb buffing list.
    Upgrades: Fixed the link to Thug's Delight
    Upgrades: Made the text regarding Gelids a little easier to understand
    Last edited by Stillian; Nov 2nd, 2005 at 19:18:51.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Bow
    All Bow's listed here will be set at QL100. You can go higher or you can go lower as you wish, I am simply doing this to make an example

QL100 Bow of the Double Nimbus
    Random Shadowlands drop's
    QL 100 Growling Bow of Ferocious Appetite
    Random Rubi-ka Dynaboss/Mission Boss loot. NOT mission rollable.

Base Stats for Bow at 100
    Solitus: 349
    Nanomage: 349
    Atrox: 349
    Opifex: 350

Buffs for Bow
    Composited Ranged Expertise (or Bow Expertise for fr00bs). 20 points of Bow

Skills after Buffs
    Solitus: 500
    Nanomage: 500
    Atrox: 500
    Opifex: 501

Composite Attribute Boost OR Agility, Sense and Strength Expertise. Will give you the trickledown you need for 503 Bow (QL100 Ferocious).

Reasons to stay with Bow?
    From what I hear, bow is both fair-to-middlin at PvM, and a good choice in PvP. It is the only weapon type supported by the Support class symbiants, and so is a good choice for Doctor's who cannot fit in imps and symbs. Bow is not my favourite at level 100, simply because of the low base skill we have for it, and we are therefore gimped in QL. I'm not saying it's impossible to get high QL, just a waste of time for a Doc who's going to outlevel it's use. You pays your money and you takes your choice on this one. Anyone who wants to add to this, please post comments, by all means.

Pistol
    The most subtle hint EVER from Funcom (excepting Satenia and her profession from this )...*cough*...Pistol is our OOONLLLY! skill that isn't Dark Blue, and is therefore a VERY good skill for a young doc to raise. I list two pistols here. One is the Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000, the other is the Soft Pepper Pistol. The first is heavily a damage weapon, and is extremely good in this capacity. The other is a +Nanoskills weapon, and it's more than possible to wield these two together for a killer combo.

Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000
    Drops from the Lab Director in the Foremans dungeon. (Bring some friends, or a twinkie, he's mean to solo.)
    A QL120 Soft Pepper Pistol
    Drops in a sealed weapon recepticle, which is, afaik, random RK mission loot. Commonly drops from the Shopping Channel too, a level 300 boss mob :>

Base Stats for Pistol at 100

Buffs for Pistol
    Composited Ranged Expertise (or Pistol Expertise for fr00bs). 20 points of Pistol
    Extreme Prejudice, from a Engineer. 120 points of pistol.
    Pistol Mastery, from a Soldier, 40 points of Pistol
    Gunslinger, from a Bureaucrat, 20 points of Pistol NOTE!: Gunslinger DOES NOT STACK with Pistol Mastery, ty to Bockrocker for that information

Skills after Buffs
    Solitus: 741
    Nanomage: 741
    Atrox: 741
    Opifex: 743

Base Skills for Burst

Buffs for Burst
    Riot control, from a Soldier, 110 burst
    Composite Ranged Special Expertise (or Burst Expertise for fr00bs), 20 points of Burst

Base Skills for Fling Shot

Base Skills for Multi Ranged

Reasons to stay Pistol?
    Pistol is very, very highly regarded, both as it's used heavily for buffing (e.g. Int/Psy pistols, comp lit pistols, stamina pistols, etc) and because we have access to both a perk line for it, and it's light blue for us. Damage at high level's is said to be great for those that use it, and CDR's will last for a long time, like 100 levels, until you can kit out in some alien pistols.
    Also, for froob docs, it's my honest opinion that this is THE CHOICE, at 100 at higher. Maw and Gelids come into play true, but pistols are amazing. (And that's coming from a 208 Assault Rifle doc )

Shotgun
    A note on this subject, I said this was for Tl4 doc's, so I'll list it here, I guess. I'm not really of the mind that there are any good PvM shotgun's for Doctor's at 100. At 125, the Maw of the Abyss comes into play, from Inner Sanctum. For this reason, I have listed Shotgun here, and it is one of my favourite Tl4 and 5 skill's, tbh, but at 100, there are zilcho decent PvM shotguns, as far as I can see. Anyone wishing to correct me can do so, I'm not perfect.

Assault Rifle
    QL140 JAME Blaster Prototype IV
    Drops from Adonis Boss Mobs at the Ancient Device site to the East, the one for Dalja and (afaik) Gilthar key quest. For newbie docs, not the easiest thing to lay hands on, unless you buy it, but it is EXCELLENT.

Base Skills for Assault Rifle at 100
    Nanomage: 348

Buffs for Assault Rifle
    Nano Crystal (Team Skill Wrangler (Premium)) *You are going to want the extra 1 point here, believe me.
    Composited Ranged Expertise (or AR Expertise for fr00bs). 20 points of Assault Rifle
    Assault Rifle Mastery, 60 points of AR

Skills after Buffs
    Solitus: 561
    Nanomage: 560
    Atrox: 561
    Opifex: 562

Perks for Assault Rifle
    At level 100, you can train 8 points of Champion of Heavy Artillery, giving you 57 more points of AR

Skills after Perk's and Buffs
    Solitus: 618
    Nanomage: 617
    Atrox: 618
    Opifex: 619

QL125 AR Implants. 135 AR

Skills after Implants, Buffs and Perks
    Solitus: 753
    Nanomage: 752
    Atrox: 753
    Opifex: 754

Base Skills for Burst

Buffs for Burst
    Riot control, from a Soldier, 110 burst
    Composite Ranged Special Expertise (or Burst Expertise for fr00bs), 20 points of Burst
    Minor Supressor, a fixer buff, 7 points of Burst

Burst after Buffs
    Solitus: 509
    Nanomage: 508
    Atrox: 510
    Opifex: 510

To finish the Burst Requirement here, add a QL 100 Bright Burst to your Right Wrist.

Base Skills for Fling Shot

Notes on JAME Blaster
    Jeeeeesuz, it's a twinker. This weapon is more than doable, and certainly worth all the effort, so as much as the prospect of doing it at 100 is daunting, it is seriously, seriously, worth it. Also, twinking something on like this will be a valuable experience for times to come.

Rifle
    QL150 Zastaba Velocity SV
    Drops from: RK mission bosses, dynabosses. I don't believe it is rollable, correct me if it is.
    QL150 Yatamuchty X-3 Counter Sniper Rifle
    Drops from bosses in RK missions.

Base Skills for Rifle
    Opifex: 351

Buffs for Rifle
    Composited Ranged Expertise (or Rifle Expertise for fr00bs). 20 points of Rifle
    Unexpected Attack, from an Agent, 120 points of Rifle

Rifle Skills after Buffs
    Solitus: 620
    Nanomage: 620
    Atrox: 620
    Opifex 622

QL125 Rifle Implants Setup

Rifle Skills after Buffs and Implants
    Solitus: 755
    Nanomage: 755
    Atrox: 755
    Opifex: 757

Base Skills for Aimed Shot
    Solitus: 380
    Nanomage: 380

Buffs for Aimed Shot
    Take The Shot, from an Agent, 130 Aimed Shot
    Composite Ranged Special Expertise (or Aimed Shot Expertise), 20 points of AS
    Sniper's Bliss, from an Agent, 15 Aimed Shot.
    Please note, for Aimed Shot, I have been given the following advice, I will post the actual advice instead of nano crystals and lots of a+b=c but removes d and blah blah blah. You can make your own choice depending on what you really need and what you don't need.
    Eagle Eye does stack with Sniper's Bliss, however by using Sniper's Bliss you lose the additional rifle skill from Unexpected Attack and so I would not recommend it. I know you did not include items in this guide, but a HUGE buffing item for aimed shot requirements is the targeting scope - vision enhancer.
    Aimed Shot after Buffs
    Solitus: 545
    Nanomage: 545
    Atrox: 545
    Opifex: 545

Now, as you can see in this guide, I have not provided implant's for many of these weapons, nor have I got to great lengths with each. I have a few reasons for this.
    Doc's tend to level quickly, and where it is not neccesary, I don't see the need for mad money spending and time wasting when the weapon becomes useless in a couple of days.
    For those weapons that require them, I have provided implant lists and I have provided buffs for each and every weapon on that list.
    I am not imposing any weapon on anyone, nor are my thoughts upon the weapon as reliable as something you'd hear from Sheffy, Tchaa, Kross, Regidoc, Snikibrat and etc.
    I made this guide to be helpful and handy for level 100's looking for advice. If the demand is great I will upgrade this to include implant lists plus absolutely everything you'd ever want for each weapon class, but for the moment, I have simply provided what you need to equip each weapon, assuming you have maxed the skills.

Enjoy.

Upgrades: Redid Pistol to show Burst, Flingshot and Multi Ranged.
    Upgrades: Added Sniper's Bliss to the Aimed Shot buff list.
    Upgrades: Added Snikibrat to the "Can give better advice than me", list.
    Upgrades: Added information about Eagle Eye and Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer's, to the Aimed Shot buffing list
    Upgrades: Added information about Gunslinger not stacking with Pistol Mastery
    Upgrades: Added information about Minor Supressor buffing some Burst
    Last edited by Stillian; Oct 30th, 2005 at 15:28:09.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Talking

nice one ^^

and :
    Snipers Bliss adds 15 Aimed Shot and stacks with TTS
    Eagle Eye adds 20 Aimed shot (no idea if it stacks with TTS and SB)

Offensive Steamroller adds 30 Fling shot

Multiranged, Flingshot, Fast attack and 1he also buffable in expertise

u got to much time
    Last edited by snikibrat; Oct 29th, 2005 at 17:09:48.
    Snikibrat - 220/24 Doc
    Sniki - 220/23 Agent
    Snikita - 165/18 Soldier twink - retierd
    Snicks - 115/9 NT twink
    Tuxxia - 170/18 Engi twinki <3 <3
    Chyra - 169/18 Adv twinki
    Snikazoid - 76/6 Enf twinky - retierd

Thank's Sniki, I will add Sniper's Bliss to the AS list, and if anyone could confirm if Eagle Eye is stackable? If not I'll get testing that asap.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Is there a specific reason as to why piercing weapons are not covered? I am just curious as I was thinking of going that route.... Otherwise, great work

Very nice post.

*walks off to make a "whats a good tl4 weapon???????" thread* :P

No reason, except I covered the most popular choices and piercing isn't very widely used at Tl4, in my experience.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill
    Very nice post.

*walks off to make a "whats a good tl4 weapon???????" thread* :P
    I dare you!

I'll add this to the Doc sticky. Good information here, especially since I have a new Doctor levelling up

Eagle Eye does stack with Sniper's Bliss, however by using Sniper's Bliss you lose the additional rifle skill from Unexpected Attack and so I would not recommend it. I know you did not include items in this guide, but a HUGE buffing item for aimed shot requirements is the targeting scope - vision enhancer.

Few other notes
    For pistol, Pistol Mastery does not stack with Gunslinger.
    For burst, the fixer startup buff Minor Suppressor adds an additional 7 points.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

enforcer startup buff "thugs delight(?)" can be casted on others as well, this boosts 1h blunt with like 5-6-7

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian
    No reason, except I covered the most popular choices and piercing isn't very widely used at Tl4, in my experience.
    Strange, b/c it seems a better choice for Opi docs than 2he, and the clusters are in the same place. No OB & a bit limited on weapon choices, but it seems interesting.

Good post, hope someone of the atrox noob doctors posting on this forum will read it
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Hey guys, Halloween Party last night , thank you all for commenting and giving constructive critiques, good teamwork...the essence of Doctor's

Few other notes
    For pistol, Pistol Mastery does not stack with Gunslinger.
    For burst, the fixer startup buff Minor Suppressor adds an additional 7 points.
    enforcer startup buff "thugs delight(?)" can be casted on others as well, this boosts 1h blunt with like 5-6-7
    Thank you both, I will add/edit those items immediately.

Strange, b/c it seems a better choice for Opi docs than 2he, and the clusters are in the same place. No OB & a bit limited on weapon choices, but it seems interesting.
    As said, it does not seem to be very popular at Title Level 4, currently. However, I'm going to try and improve upon this in a couple of weeks, make some improvements and additions, if Piercing is a good choice in weapon diversity and damage, then I will add it into the Melee section.

Thank you.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Checked my enf yesterday, Thug's Delight add +14 1hB

And many other alts

I have an Enforcer 1hb Buff on there, I just checked, I'm not sure it stacks with the lowbie one :>

|| Primal Evolution ||

According to Regidoc, Thug's Delight stacks with the high level buff, excellent news. Added it.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Lol yes thats correct.. hehe.. Brutal Thug and Thugs delight.. (+88 and +14)

And many other alts

Talking

Made an update to the 1he text. Gelids can be obtained at 125, they are not a viable equip until a little later.

Changed the text to make this a bit clearer.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Desert reet along with a nice Spirit Phulakterion? if youre lucky that is.. would be <3

i think those can be worn at the same time

And many other alts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast