Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom: How to implement a fair IP reclaim scheme

oh yeah...

if they do that with guns, make sure it applies to pets also.
    uses same reasoning; not meeting requirements=you can't use it.

Smile

If he was able to use the gun, having a skill of 540, then the requirement of the weapon would have been 540 and not 600.

At least the efficiency of the weapon should go down if you don't meet the requirement.

It would, to prevent nerfing of pets, have to be implemented on them as well.

But I think this belongs in another thread.

- Kairalaa

Very-slow levelling NT on RK2

Answering Cosmik,

Gaute's vision is the right one.
    Nothing to add, Keep It Simple: IP wipe, period.

I think that it should be an optional IP wipe. With a 1 year real life gap between wipes.

This is to cover for the fact that Funcom will nerf something else in the future and screw a load of people over. It also makes people relax a bit knowing that even though they have gimped there character they will have a chance to fix him if they want to

The wipe should clear all skills down to start, including maps and base stats. (I know a number of maps/upgrades would be lost but I would be willing to buy them again)

Also the idea about having nothing equiped in any way manner or form with no buffs at all is an essential part of the wipe.

As for the early IP exploiters please explain why I should give a toss about them???? What difference does it make to me?

The legit rings.....well what can I say bummer. Don't do the reset. Besides I am sure you will gain the xp back from mistakes you made anyway, if you do the reset.

anyway thats my 2 €

:)

I would more then happily give up the few IP points i gained from a early IP ring. Mostly to fix all my mistakes that i have made on my character due to bogus descriptions and my lack of understanding the game. Toss in the occasional nerf as needed.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

why can't FC just calculate how many IP's one should have at your level, then check BASE skills against that number. If its less/more u get reset. That way only exploiters/people who lost IP get reset. Then later an optional reset. That way if FC screws up not 100% of the player base would get F*cked

Smile Why not forget your skills?

Can't remember which thread it was in but some one suggested that at every level you can reduce any of your skills by the same amount (or less) as you can raise them. (3-5points?)
    You would also recover some, if not all of the IP from the lowered skill.

This would simulate the "real world" effect of skills faiding with time...
    Agent Kirstii Squad Commander of Fox Force on RK-2

Talking RE:

Originally posted by Cosmik

Gaute doesn't write those articles for his health, I can promise you that.

Thats a bit contridicting, as if he wouldnt wright those articles, we'd stop playing and funcom would loose money. So he does wright those articles for his health.
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

Ubernewbie

Lightbulb

1) Take down the servers, just as if patching.
    2) Delete all players' skills; give them the correct number of IP for their level.
    3) Delete all maps
    4) Move all equipped items to player's bank

Well, sry but I didn't read it all.. ( 4 pages of mostly pure crap :S ).

But face it ppl, you made a mistake with your IP's. Its life. I also started my char 3 times again before I got a better one ( still with many wasted IP's )

But if you all want a refund of your ip's make it a fair thing.

You putted ones your ip's in and you can get them back for like 70%. Else we will all be the same soon cause you can keep shifting as much as you want.

( probably this was already somewhere in this threat and I just putted more nonsense in it ;o)

IP Reset...

In my opinion anyone has the right to redo at least once in there characters life. I just started playing this game bout a month ago i learned the game fairly fast. What did this what did that etc... I made the mistake of dumping IP into some dark blue skills simply because i was a newbie and didnt know any better now that im lvl 72 those poor choices are starting to kick me in the hiney is it my fault? Not really. I didnt have a little funcom fairy sitting on my shoulder telling me "no no that skill is totally worthless to you your just wasting ip" sorry but that doesnt exist and i dont have the time to waste to reroll a new character. ya all you people boasting 'hey people reroll all the time' well there are alot of people that are NOT losers like you. They dont have time to reroll a new character every other day. It takes time and effort to get a character to a decent level e****ally when you dont play to often. Exploits? Blame funcom for this. The exploits are there because funcom puts them there. The main reason i know this ip reroll will never happen is simply because funcom is to brain dead to be able to make it work. They make it work thats great i hope they prove me wrong. But in my honest opinion each character deserves to totally redo ALL there skills ONCE and only ONCE this is fair this is our right as paying customers i pay for this game i want my character to be the way i want him to be. Simply put when im happy so is funcom because my account stays active. Suede isnt happy Suede leaves. Thats the end of it. Get a clue funcom start doing something for the players and earn the money we fork over you have a great game here. Im glad your fixing so many problems in the game but you need to start working on the things that really matter adding new backpacks and fixing the way tank armor looks is hardly only of those things. I can guarantee one thing your player base would sky rocket if you did allow a ip reroll.

My 2 Cents

For what it's worth here's my 2 cents.
    (Whatever happened to the 'cents' symbol on keyboards?)

I think the IP machine that Snarf came up with is a great idea!

Here is the major change to the idea that I would make:
    (Sorry Snarf, you know how it is, everyone wants to get in on the act.)

Instead of making the machine run off of a credit amount that is charged against you and limiting it to every 100 hours or so, what if we made it run on tokens.

You'ld only be able to recieve these tokens as a reward for a mission or as loot, they would not (as the TV commercial goes) be available in stores.

The tokens have a quality level, just like everything else, which limits the amount of IP you can reasign. For every QL you get to reasign 100 IPs. QL5=500 IPs, QL100=10,000 IPs and so on.

The tokens have specific skill names, limiting the TYPE of skill you can pull the IPs from. This could either target a specific skill, like navigation, or target a class of skills, such as with Nano & Aiding.

This would keep people from doing blanket reasignment of IPs, so it could be something you could work towards.

This does two things in my mind:

a) It alows the reasigning of IPs that I find alot of people have on there wish list. Now whether these IPs were spent incorrectly in the first place or were spent in areas that FUNCOM changed in some way that made it less attractive to the player is of little concern to me. What matters is that this might add new life to those characters that have been put on the shelf for one reason or another.

and

b) It adds to the wealth of the mission items that can be obtained. I have only played for a couple of weeks now and have a lvl 24 Nano-Tech and am getting kind of tired of the same reward crossing my path time after time.

I truelly enjoy this game and will probably play for a long time to come, even though I've never been into these MMPOLG (or whatever you call them) before, but I have NO interest in rerolling a new character using the same proffesion that I am now, if I am going to start a new character it's going to be of a different proffesion. So a system along these lines would alow me to work towards correcting mistakes that I made when I was but a n00b.

Just my 2 cents,
    Zoricki RK-1

[RANT ON] P.S. - You know, I've only been around a few weeks but the proliferation of out and out cry babies around here must really be a drag to FUNCOM and the developers who work for them. I for one am have a great time and find it well worth the money but you know what? The minute I find it NOT fun or worth the money, I'm gone. I won't be hanging around the board calling them liers or idiots or stupid stupid heads. Putting something like this world together has GOT to be a HUGE undertaking and just because they can't get to every single one of your little pisses and moans at this very second and get a patch out for it yesterday does NOT mean they don't care or that they aren't listening. If any of you think that doing something like this is easy, well, then go do it. YOU put a game together, YOU find the programers to pull it off, YOU put together the money for the equipment and personel, YOU spend years of your life sweating over it and then we'll see how YOU like it when players come on to the forum that YOU provide and call you names because the game doesn't fit THIER vision of a perfect game. I guess what I am saying is that if you are displeased with the game enough to sit around and insult the creaters of that game, then why are you still paying them to play the game? Leave, and leave the boards as well so that the rest of us don't have to put up with having to wade through your unhelpfull posts to get the parts of a thread that we ARE interested in. [RANT OFF]
    Last edited by Zoricki; Feb 14th, 2002 at 22:12:35.

Re: My 2 Cents

Originally posted by Zoricki

Instead of making the machine run off of a credit amount that is charged against you and limiting it to every 100 hours or so, what if we made it run on tokens.

<snip>
    i like the idea, in theory,
    but im a little dubious about the advantage this would give dupers.
    (like the IP ring mess) im not very confident all duping exploits will
    ever be fixed.every time one is, people find another way to cheat.

*not to say this would be as bad as unlimited IP . .
    Last edited by Ejeckted; Feb 14th, 2002 at 22:12:38.

Re: Re: My 2 Cents

Originally posted by Scumbug

i like the idea, in theory,
    but im a little dubious about the advantage this would give dupers.
    (like the IP ring mess) im not very confident all duping exploits will
    ever be fixed.every time one is, people find another way to cheat.

*not to say this would be as bad as unlimited IP . .
    Wow, I was not aware of this exploit, have they at least got a handle on it? But I don't think that duping this would be much worse than duping any other high priced object.

It's a good point though and probably needs consideration.

Originally posted by pheng
    It really needs to be a one time, all or nothing process.

Player gets naked, clicks the machine, ALL skills get's reset to the way they were at the begining, and finally, all reset IP is then distributed however they want.

This should only be done AFTER Funcom gets done nerfing the crap out of all the weapons/skills/classes, so another reset won't be needed again.

I totally agree on this. BUT the problem is this when are they going to decide enough with the nerf bat?? Say this was implememted, say I do it with my Adventurerer and go shotgun. Say in six months they nerf that too ? Where does it end ? Maybe that is why Snarf came up with the method he did , instead of the once only approach.

I'm only new to the game but why not just recieve more IP when you lvl up?
    Can you change your destiny?

Even MORE ?!

Damn.. I am lvl 111 and I am already swimming in IP's.. ( perhaps the reason I suck in PvP

But I have an atrox MP ( no, not a wanna-be.. I happy to be one of the first )

But I have loads of IP's. And this should be a hard to impossible combo.. so pls.. not MORE ip's...

Originally posted by B-Nito
    Even MORE ?!

Damn.. I am lvl 111 and I am already swimming in IP's.. ( perhaps the reason I suck in PvP

But I have an atrox MP ( no, not a wanna-be.. I happy to be one of the first )

But I have loads of IP's. And this should be a hard to impossible combo.. so pls.. not MORE ip's...
    unfortunately some classes are more IP-friendly than others,
    breed makes very little difference.. MPs are an IP-friendly class.
    try playing a fixer or trader with many more skills to raise,
    and most of them are blue.

that's beside the point tho,
    FC have put many of thier first, most dedicated players
    at a disadvantage to more recently created characters;
    and the early players who now have enourmous amounts
    of wasted IP just want this unfair situation remedied.

Head out of the clouds solution

for every level that a skill hasn't been raised, you may remove
    1 level worth of points from it.

thereby slowly changing your ip to fit how you like to play and not screwing players for descisions they are not prepared to make.

I just want to be able to adapt to how the game changes, not be victim to every change.

In my opinion this should be among the highest priority fixes.

Karax.

Good idea

i havent read all answers (just too much for me) so if what i write here is already written ignore me.

The idea is good but you have to increase the time like only once a month or every 3 month, cause if you dont ppls will go and increase NP (as example) build their imps, wait 100 hores and reset the skill (back to evade or another tradeskill). This way tradeskills will get useless (like atm with the tutoring bug). Maybe it should be set like everytime a "big" patch has been made an IP-reset is allowed. Think about this, pls

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast