Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Nano Delta.

Concerning Nano Delta.

Hi everyone, thought I'd make another thread.. ++ for the win.

I was doing some testing yesterday and i had my Psychic up to 790ish, thus recieving the 2 second nano delta. Jesus, this was fun With Pnh and Ior I was chaincasting Complete Healing @ 750ish nano cost and having all the nano regained before the CH was recharged.

I remember reading post about people not asking for PnH, only IoR when raiding, because their nanodelta was so efficient that the PnH just took NCU-space. I was unsure what to believe. "Is this just someone exadurating? This looks too sweet to be true...!!" I'm now a believer

Now, I'm 207, with my current gear 780 Psychic is imminent (next ding) and I'll have a nanodelta so efficient that the heals I cast will regain its cost before the heal itself has recharged.

Should docs wear as much as Psychic adding armor they can, so they can cap @ 780 as quick as possible? This should be doable at 201 or something, without gimping the rest of the armor too much. You'll still need the BM/MM, though..

This wont apply to me (and the higher level docs) any more, but I think this is a good thing to discuss; maybe its something every doc should do as soon as they can?

Edit: Added some conclutions from the later posts

Quote Originally Posted by sheffy
    BodyDev plays a part in the base tick amount for nano delta (no, that isn't a typo -- I know it doesn't seem like it should work that way but it does ). Base tick amount for Solitus is 3 nano per tick. By "base amount", I mean if you have no +nanodelta modifiers at all. This base amount is then increased by +1 for every 100 points in Body Dev -- i.e. with 800 body dev, a Solitus will have a base tick of 11 nano (3+8).

The base tick time is 28 seconds, and for every 60 points in Psychic you will take 2 seconds off the tickrate. So for example:

0 Psy = 28s
    60 Psy = 26s
    120 Psy = 24s
    180 Psy = 22s
    240 Psy = 20s
    300 Psy = 18s
    360 Psy = 16s
    420 Psy = 14s
    480 Psy = 12s
    540 Psy = 10s
    600 Psy = 8s
    660 Psy = 6s
    720 Psy = 4s
    780 Psy = 2s

780 Psychic will give you the fastest nanodelta tickrate. It will effectively double your natural nano regen rate by raising your Psychic from 779 to 780 (4s to 2s) -- a very important number to try and reach for Doctors.

Then of course, +nanodelta modifiers will increase the amount of each tick by that amount.

All detailed testing I've read points to BodyDev as the base nanodelta tick modifier. Really, you're only talking about a difference of a few nano per tick difference (it's only the base amount), which might be why it's so difficult for people to be 100% sure without testing the functionality and using multiple IPR points.

The test server is good for a few things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchaalina
    To illustrate just how powerful nanodelta is:

Personal Notum Harvester:
    On Use Target Hit Current nano 235 .. 235 240 hits, 15s delay

200 nanodelta at 780+ Psychic:
    On Use Target Hit Current nano 200 .. 200 infinite hits, 2s delay

This means:

Personal Notum Harvester: 940 Nanopoints/ min

Setup with 200 nanodelta: 6.000 Nanopoints/ min

As you can see, the 200 ND setup is the equivalent of more than 6x PnH stacked on top of eachother...good stuff!
    ---
    Abbrivations explained:

PnH: Personal Notum Harvester. [Available from Nano-Technitians]
    A buff that gives you 235 nano every 15 seconds.

IoR: Izgimmers Obfuscated Recompiler. [Available from Nano-Technitians]
    A buff that decreases your nanocost by 28%.

NanoDelta: Technical term for Natural nano regeneration rate.
    Basically means how much nano you regain per "tick". This ammount is determined by Implanted or perked Nano Delta, and Stamina. (?)
    The speed of the "tick" are determined by how much Psychic you have. 781 is the 'cap', it stops at 2 seconds per "tick".

Hope I didn't get any of this wrong. *blush*
    Last edited by Olabil; Oct 26th, 2005 at 16:46:40.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

After gathering dust for ages, I started wearing my shades of luc again to get 2 sec tick. With implants/symbs and city advs you can easily get around 160ish nano per tick which will be more beneficial the earlier you can exploit it.

While the SL dots suck down the nano hard as soon as you start using them, the earlier SL heals arent to bad. Higher you get the more the heals start sucking up nano along with your dots and things like nanocost start being more important again.

PNH is still nice but it is IOR that you want to be asking for. With IOR or Web I never have trouble with my nano.

3 things for ++
    1. 2s nano delta starts at 781 psy..i think
    2. i can chaincast ch self without denting my nano pool
    3.nano delta ftw

Sorry for the noobie questions, but being a lvl 119 1st toon doc all the acronym's were new to me.

IOR? PNH? Web (notum web?)

Did I understand correctly that the nano recharge rate increases with Psychic and that you should increase psychic (I'm maxing it anyway) by implanting?

Is nanoregen worth casting or is it so little as not to matter?

Or implanting increased nanodelta?

Would be great if you could elaborate for us lower level Docs.

Thx

ior and pnh are nt buffs :
    ior - izgimmers obfuscated recompiler and its a -28% nano cost buff
    pnh - personal notum harvester and its a 235(?) nano point regen every 15s

web is a mp buff
    web - Mocham's Neural Interface-Web, -24% nano cost buff, i actually prefer this over ior cuz of 2 things : 2h time and that when i ask for ci i also ask for web..its like buy one get 1 free :P

i have nano delta triple implanted on my doc. its that important. if u can cast CH ull notice how much it drains ure nano pool, imagine being able to cast a ch and in the recharge have all ure nano pool back, without a single buff

ps, regeneration, the basic buff is a heal delta buff :P

Thanks!

fell free to ask anything..this is why the forums exist

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2
    Did I understand correctly that the nano recharge rate increases with Psychic and that you should increase psychic (I'm maxing it anyway) by implanting?
    Is nanoregen worth casting or is it so little as not to matter?
    Or implanting increased nanodelta?

Hom much nano you gain each "tick" is determined by your stamina.
    Speed of ticks by psychic.
    There are rollable +nano delta clusters and they are realy handy. Yes, they increase nano delta.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Just a FYI - The nano-regen clusters can be rolled using ClickSaver as rewards from missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yen
    Hom much nano you gain each "tick" is determined by your stamina.
    Speed of ticks by psychic.
    There are rollable +nano delta clusters and they are realy handy. Yes, they increase nano delta.

Really? By stamina?? Wow, never knew that. *noob*
    Would have thought it was Intelligence.
    So basically: run IC if you have room for it in your NCU

Sorry for using advanced abbrivations Sawbones2. Will edit main post with a little dictionary.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

I dont even see this as an arguement. The 2 sec nanodelta tick is what separates lower level and high level docs, at least as far as soloing ability. It seems like a truism to me that EVERY doc should at all times twink for 781 psychic and as high a nanodelta as possible. At 203ish, I was using a pair of Sleeves of SoE, CFB, 2x VTEs and a +18 ring of computing along with perking Genius III to hit the 2 sec tick, and I've got Nanodelta triple implanted. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, that improves your soloing ability like the option to chain heal infinitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

This is the one area where us poor trox's really get kicked in the bits we don't have.

My psycic is nowhere near 2 second tick, in fact, I have a 6 second tick atm with QL300 city advantages and decent symbs in. I should get 4 second in the next couple of lvls.

I worked hard at my nanopool, but even still, DoT's really take it out of me, and I've been on a couple of high lvl raids requiring CH where I've been dangerously close to running out of nano.

Please take this as a warning to all those thinking trox doc is cool, it most certainly is, but at my current lvl I'd say Soli's have the better time of it by far.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy
    BodyDev plays a part in the base tick amount for nano delta (no, that isn't a typo -- I know it doesn't seem like it should work that way but it does ). Base tick amount for Solitus is 3 nano per tick. By "base amount", I mean if you have no +nanodelta modifiers at all. This base amount is then increased by +1 for every 100 points in Body Dev -- i.e. with 800 body dev, a Solitus will have a base tick of 11 nano (3+8).

The base tick time is 28 seconds, and for every 60 points in Psychic you will take 2 seconds off the tickrate. So for example:

0 Psy = 28s
    60 Psy = 26s
    120 Psy = 24s
    180 Psy = 22s
    240 Psy = 20s
    300 Psy = 18s
    360 Psy = 16s
    420 Psy = 14s
    480 Psy = 12s
    540 Psy = 10s
    600 Psy = 8s
    660 Psy = 6s
    720 Psy = 4s
    780 Psy = 2s

780 Psychic will give you the fastest nanodelta tickrate. It will effectively double your natural nano regen rate by raising your Psychic from 779 to 780 (4s to 2s) -- a very important number to try and reach for Doctors.

Then of course, +nanodelta modifiers will increase the amount of each tick by that amount.

All detailed testing I've read points to BodyDev as the base nanodelta tick modifier. Really, you're only talking about a difference of a few nano per tick difference (it's only the base amount), which might be why it's so difficult for people to be 100% sure without testing the functionality and using multiple IPR points.

The test server is good for a few things.
    Just a little refresher.

wtb the base modifier for the other breeds. I would hope NM got a bonus here.
    Last edited by Cheapthrill; Oct 25th, 2005 at 14:40:11.

So giving up my shotgun for two INT/PSY pistols so that I can hit two second delta good idea or bad idea?
    wtb content

O MY CRAP!.... I didn't know this....... I have learned something new, I can now die
    I pretty much suck at everything I do, so I am for consistancy. - Me

Kaidance 133.6 Neutral Soli Doc (Sexy and helpfull)
    Kaidam 101.4 Neutral Opi MA(UBER.....)
    Kaiderly 30.2 Neutral Opi Enforcer(I poke j00)
    Stella 58.0 Omni Crat (Suxx00rs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyschobilly
    I rather enjoy being able to yell at tele-marketers on the phone things like...
    "I CANT TALK ATM, I'M TANKING AN ALIUM SHIP, PEWPEWLAZERZ!!1"
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightment
    So giving up my shotgun for two INT/PSY pistols so that I can hit two second delta good idea or bad idea?
    a good thing if you run low/out of nano.

This has been a great post for us mid-level Docs. I'm changing my clicksaver list and shopping strategy tonight for the psychic and nanodelta boosting items!

Thanks

ior? i'd much rather have pnh, my cost is already capped anyway
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightment
    It depends... solo, you'll probably still want a weapon at that level. It might be counterproductive to get rid of your shotty unless you find yourself doc'ing alot of alien raids (chain-CHing in a situation where your personal damage is largely irrelevant). The big things you're gonna want are 2x VTEs, Shades if your a NM - CFB if you're not, a good ring of computing from ado/pen catacombs and sleeves of the servants of eight.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast