Thread: Radiman's Pilgrimage?

Radiman's Pilgrimage?

Radiman’s cryptic statement:
    "I have been away from Tir and from the Council on a pilgrimage, to rediscover myself…”
    TAG speculates:
    One clue may lie in Radiman's use of the word "pilgrimage". It's an eccentric turn of phrase, and it immediately brings up associations with a Council of Truth-affiliated clan that has remained an enigma to everyone on the outside: The Pilgrims
    Who are The Pilgrims?
    The Pilgrims believe strongly in many of the myths and legends surrounding Rubi-Ka and notum, and they have a self-professed spiritual relationship with the planet and her resources. They also believe that David Marlin - the man who united the Solitus slaves and freed them from the shackles of their Omega masters almost twenty millennia ago - will one day return to lead the free peoples of Rubi-Ka in a crusade against their oppressors
    From Prophet Without Honour –Chapter Nine:
    "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Anne Bradstreet- ('Meditations Divine and Moral,' 1655—added for clarity)
    Why does this quote preface the chapter on David Marlin? Anne Bradstreet was a Pilgrim. She was a Puritan who came to the New World in 1630 on the Arabella, one of the first ships to bring Puritans to New England. Interestingly, she was an offspring of the famous Dudleys (maiden name) who had played such a great role in the history of the English Reformation and Elizabethan Settlement. She was perhaps the first female poet in the New World.”
    “A pilgrim I on earth, perplexed with sins, with cares and sorrows vexed.”
    From John Bunyan’s “Pilgrims Progress”
    As I walked through the wilderness of this world, I lighted on a certain place where was a Den, and I laid me down in that place to sleep: and, as I slept, I dreamed a dream. I dreamed, and behold, I saw a man clothed with rags, standing in a certain place, with his face from his own house, a book in his hand, and a great burden upon his back. I looked, and saw him open the book, and read therein; and, as he read, he wept, and trembled; and, not being able longer to contain, [His Outcry] he brake out with a lamentable cry, saying, "What shall I do?"
    Radiman claims to have been on a metaphysical “pilgrimage” of rediscovery. Bunyan’s Pilgrim searches for the “celestial city.” Is the old man in rags the biblical Job? What is the significance (if any) between Job, and the City of Jobe? Back to Bradstreet’s quote, we see that without “adversity", prosperity would not seem so sweet. The theme of a metaphysical pilgrimage, struggle and redemption are replete in the mystery before us.

From the book of Job:
    " "Only a few years will pass before I go on the journey of no return. My spirit is broken, my days are cut short, the grave awaits me
    Hmmm…what does it all mean?

Re: Radiman's Pilgrimage?

Originally posted by Orion
    Hmmm…what does it all mean?
    Impressive research, Orion

The metaphysical - and mythological - pilgrimage (or journey) is a strong and recurrent theme in AO. Prophets, Pilgrims, and the quest for a lost Paradise - both physical and metaphysical - tie the more conventional sci-fi story elements together with the spiritual (though not fantastical) elements that will become more evident leading up to the Shadowlands.

It's nice to see that someone's picking up on the underlying themes, here!

-Ragnar

Talking Re: Re: Radiman's Pilgrimage?

Originally posted by Ragnar

-Ragnar
    Wow, breaking the 40 post count already. Congrats!

Wink Re: Re: Re: Radiman's Pilgrimage?

Originally posted by Salada

Wow, breaking the 40 post count already. Congrats!

:D
    ya, he's almost *spammin* ehehehe

but mmmm feels good yep ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Terribly happy Radiman is off...

"rediscovering himself". Notice the word "himself"? Our wonderful CoT leader is so damn self-absorbed he left all of us leaderless, endlessly fighting and dying while we went of on some stinking metaphysical journey. Glad it was good for him...hope he recognizes things when he returns...like a guard at his OLD office door! It's this kind of babble that moves me off my pacifist balance and in full support of WHATEVER CoA decides to do.

Bye bye Radiman...go back to your meditation and celestial wanderings...BAH. *can see the Omnitek execs giggling at clueless Radiman*

Originally posted by Ragnar

The metaphysical - and mythological - pilgrimage (or journey) is a strong and recurrent theme in AO. Prophets, Pilgrims, and the quest for a lost Paradise - both physical and metaphysical - tie the more conventional sci-fi story elements together with the spiritual (though not fantastical) elements that will become more evident leading up to the Shadowlands.

It's nice to see that someone's picking up on the underlying themes, here!

-Ragnar

ok.

And Ross? Hmm! At least Radiman was dealing with his self issues so he could function in his old position again!

Now Ross. hmm. starting to wonder if he has paranoia being in ope space or sumpt. only being in his office or his apartment.
    And aparently hi apartment next to the Omni Admin building.
    He's hardly ever been to his actual home has he now? lol
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Re: Terribly happy Radiman is off...

Originally posted by Nelida
    Bye bye Radiman...go back to your meditation and celestial wanderings...BAH. *can see the Omnitek execs giggling at clueless Radiman*
    I think Omni execs and military are more rubbing there hands together in glee that certain movements to try and remove Radiman and the CoT will only go to give them what the military side OT wants the most - the total removal of the Clans (and probably us Neuts). The Clans are being played like a finger puppet walking right towards the shreader with no sight in front of them but to dance around happily.

Whats been the most powerful weapon so far? Peace, and the amnesty. The fighting has accomplished nothing, and will gain nothing for anyone. Radiman has acheived for than anyone else has, and because he takes a holiday you all flip out? The bloodlust in the Clans is blinding them to thier own path, and it seems the Pilgrims are the only ones with thier eyes open, and looking at the path being forged, and knowing where the Clans are currently headed will only destroy them in the end.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Sssssshh!

You'll give it away!

Actually, the sad truth is that I can sit here, post from the perspective of Omni-Tek that Nyadach is completely correct and the Clans are being played like a cheap fiddle, and nothing is going to change because of it.

Omni-Tek could release a press statement that simply reads:

Radiman has done nothing for the Clans. Get him out and lets see some real fight, ya louses!

And that particular press statement could be circulated around every clan and chances are they'd *still* kick Radiman out for failing to take action.

Action plays into Omni-Tek's hands. It justifies Omni-Tek peacekeeping efforts, and assures the ICC that we are not acting out of malice.

So keep it up, guys. One day the line of common sense is going to be crossed, and Omni-Tek will quite merrily snatch the crown of 'oppressed citizens just trying to get by' from right under the clans noses and parade up and down in front of the ICC wearing it while Omni-Tek dropships land in Athen and Tir.

Omni-Tek is your friend. Now, call Omni-Tek's bluff on that one.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita