Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crat PvP - must see!

Crat PvP - must see!

Found this nifty gem on Life on Atlantean.

Enjoy!

Sterva teh Crat vs OA
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

Omg, Zagareth, and Petaro?

LOL.

Gonna keep my adventurer flagged at OA more often.

That kicked ass though. Looks like he was wearing sharpshooter plus beast armor, nice setup.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

errr, yeah...*blushes* i uploaded a second video today, although filefront has been fubar lately.

but the second one is really more of a joke--i couldn't help but find it ironic that so many ma's managed to escape with less then 1k hp.

ps: it's actually commando.
    Last edited by Avon; Oct 13th, 2005 at 05:59:39.

definitely enjoyable, but just remember that he's using a gun that is no longer useable by the playerbase of crats (nerfed to agent only)... and a few of those clanners had multiple people attacking them. All in all that's the only way to fight as a crat though.. you have to be mobile and avoid your attacker at all costs.

I was amazed that the shade didn't have any NR and that there wasn't any root resistance players either.

Was it just me or did the Doctor sit down in the fight???
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina
    .... he's using a gun that is no longer useable by the playerbase of crats (nerfed to agent only).
    Thats a Caterwaul? Nice!

At his level, I'm sure Zastaba or Ithaca would produce satisfactory results as well.

Umm... things like this makes me more sad than anything else. It's things like this that might send the devs the wrong signals, and also create false ideas in the playerbase...

"I saw that crat in that movie who pwned! Crats must rock in PvP!!"

compare to the moronic but infamous "World of Roguecraft" movie... this is just as correct as that one: Meaning not at all.

As been pointed out, the guy is fully twinked, using a gun that's locked to agents only, beast armor etc etc... I mean, this guy is twinked on the border of what I would consider being exploiting (thx to the gun), and none of his opponents were even close to using as phat gear as him. None seemed to use stims.

Also this was to most extent duel situations, with a few people interfering (and when they did they helped the crat it seems).

In a mass pvp situation this wouldn't work at all.

Meh
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

Hehee. FC must be glad they nerfed that gun then. The thought of a crat doing *well* in PvP must really make some people over there upset. Seeing this video, I think they might decide to punish us by removing our roots or something..
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled
    Hehee. FC must be glad they nerfed that gun then. The thought of a crat doing *well* in PvP must really make some people over there upset. Seeing this video, I think they might decide to punish us by removing our roots or something..
    Lol they already did. the roots simply lands once in a blue moon in pvp vs anybody that we actually NEED to root to stay alive vs, and those we dont need to root we can land it on.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Man, I bitterly rue the day I unequipped my Caterwaul from Hilde. It seemed like it was the right thing to do, at the time. You know, not supposed to be using it, etc.

And no, neither the Zastaba nor the Snakemaster yields results even close to the Cat.

(/me cries)
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Caterwaul
    Zastaba
    Ithaca

Yeah, you are right. Caterwaul makes theese other guns look n00bish.
    It does suck that it got nerf-sticked. ;(

It could still be done with these other weapons. It would just be tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Labelslave
    Umm... things like this makes me more sad than anything else. It's things like this that might send the devs the wrong signals, and also create false ideas in the playerbase...
    anyone who's anyone in pvp knows where crats are in the pvp chain. that isn't changing due to one player.

none of his opponents were even close to using as phat gear as him. None seemed to use stims.
    actually, all of the players were well equiped... but anyways, watch the second video, too.

In a mass pvp situation this wouldn't work at all.
    mass pvp is actually much easier on a bureaucrat... it's easy for a crat to keep vast numbers of the other side perma rooted, while picking off squishies from the sides / back, or baiting harder opponents to come to close to their side before rooting them and letting them get alphad en mass.

ps: yes, the caterwaul yields a huge advantage that is no longer available to anyone who is newer to pvp. caterwaul is definitely much better then a snakemaster / alsaqri / bow / etc... i'm definitely looking forward to pvp with carlo, as combined with a solid AS, the crat offense should be pretty decent.

Was it just me or did the Doctor sit down in the fight???
    no, that's my video card being bugged, he was healing sitting down, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Avon

mass pvp is actually much easier on a bureaucrat... it's easy for a crat to keep vast numbers of the other side perma rooted,

And thanks to flagging, you'll be rooting most of your own side.. plus the simple fact that the SL AoE roots land with lower frequency than the RK roots which I can't figure out.. but I tested it pretty well.

anyone who's anyone in pvp knows where crats are in the pvp chain. that isn't changing due to one player.
    If you paint a picture that what you are doing is easily possible than it likely will hurt us...

I know others were there with you, I feel this does nothing to help us since, you've painted the portrait that it was you vs them, 1v1 only.

And thanks to flagging, you'll be rooting most of your own side.. plus the simple fact that the SL AoE roots land with lower frequency than the RK roots which I can't figure out.. but I tested it pretty well.
    like most of pvp, it's all about timing. sure, if you wait until the oposing side is close enough, then you'll root everyone, which does no one any good. on the other hand, if crats are alert, and land roots before the other side is that close, then you achieve two things.

1. you're rooting their side, not your own.
    2. the people called aren't able to run away, which is the cheif good that comes of it.

I know others were there with you, I feel this does nothing to help us since, you've painted the portrait that it was you vs them, 1v1 only.
    no i didn't. go read the thread in which the video was posted, i said bucc was there helping for two of the kills on the first video.

Edit: do you actually use sl roots in pvp? O.o they're buggy as hell... i usually stick to the old RK aoe root.

anyways, to any of you flipping out about thinking it looks too easy, or that crats could get nerfed... LOOK AT THE OTHER VIDEOS, gawdd. the whole thread that the video comes from is a virtual showcase for the best of the best of each respective profession. if you have any inclination to think crats look overpowered, think again--or better yet, just watch some of the other videos staring the likes of ma's, fixers, enfs, keepers, agents, and advs.

anyways, to any of you flipping out about thinking it looks too easy, or that crats could get nerfed... LOOK AT THE OTHER VIDEOS, gawdd. the whole thread that the video comes from is a virtual showcase for the best of the best of each respective profession. if you have any inclination to think crats look overpowered, think again--or better yet, just watch some of the other videos staring the likes of ma's, fixers, enfs, keepers, agents, and advs.
    what video do you think those other professions will point at when they demand new buffs, weapons, that roots be nerfed and stuff like that?

edit: what other video's?
    only one video in this thread?
    Last edited by Hotsy; Oct 13th, 2005 at 18:35:05.
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsy
    what video do you think those other professions will point at when they demand new buffs, weapons, that roots be nerfed and stuff like that?
    Exactly... the thing is, that those vids are there atm together doesn't mean anything. Because three months from now, some jackass will pull forth a bookmarked link with a mirror of that vid, and post it to support a new generation of whiners. And voila: Yet another crat nerf.

It has happened before (not only in AO but other mmorpgs too), and will happen again.

edit: what other video's?
    only one video in this thread?
    This vid is ripped from another thread in the Atlantean section.
    Last edited by Labelslave; Oct 13th, 2005 at 20:12:39.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Labelslave
    Exactly... the thing is, that those vids are there atm together doesn't mean anything.
    y'all are so ****ing pessimistic.

srsly... get real. if anyone was going to look for someone to nerf, they wouldn't start with crats.

i can't help it that there are virtually no other crats active in pvp on a regular basis, which results in my actions being the only representation of what crats can do in pvp... if you think i've made it look to easy, or that everyone will suddenly think crats are gods in pvp, you can help out our cause by going and dying a few times a day trying to pvp, k?
    Last edited by Avon; Oct 13th, 2005 at 21:45:40.

y'all are so ****ing pessimistic.
    OF course I am pessimistic..
    I've played a crat for a few years... you sort of get that way then...
    srsly... get real. if anyone was going to look for someone to nerf, they wouldn't start with crats.

i can't help it that there are virtually no other crats active in pvp on a regular basis, which results in my actions being the only representation of what crats can do in pvp... if you think i've made it look to easy, or that everyone will suddenly think crats are gods in pvp, you can help out our cause by going and dying a few times a day trying to pvp, k?
    I have died more times than I like to in PvP with my crat
    Its embarrasing dying to a 205 Advie when you're 219, a 210 MA, 200 something enfo, not to mention agents and other peeps..

I've never tried to be good at PvP with my crat, I have only showed up at pvp when its tara raids or to defend towers or such..
    That is: My crat is setup for pvm, good evades and maxed AAD and decent +hp, and I use pistols, not a semi-sploit rifle and no 'extreme' equipment, i dont have the creds or time to farm alien armor or stuff like that...

But kudos to you for doing the "impossible"
    Would have been fun to see what you could do with a decent PvP profession....
    Last edited by Hotsy; Oct 14th, 2005 at 00:33:55.
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast