Thread: Advice for a PvP-Crat at lvl 100-110

Advice for a PvP-Crat at lvl 100-110

Well, it's not gonna be as easy as with an Enf or an Agent, but I think it's viable to a certain point.

Anyways, I need some advice on what to go for, not sure if IP will be tight and all.

- What armor should I use? (cant afford AI armor)
    - What AS-weap is best? (IP-spending + mods is an issue here)
    - Imps or symbs?
    - Should I use Add all def. speeches + Add all def. imps and ring of luck - defencive?

It would have been cool if i could self the best nuke and pet with a CI, not sure if thats possible tho?

Are you clan or omni?

In terms of AS weapons I would say at that lvl the options are:

Union Arbalest: Requires Rifle and Bow but has a decent max dmg which is used to derive your AS dmg. It is, however, clan/neut only.

Zastaba: A nice alternative and similar AS recharge to the Arbalest.

Ithaca: Ithaca is always nice, good crit dmg which makes for nice AS dmg as well. + evades to go along with your add def/evades from cfb.

In the end I think Ithaca would be best choice as it also has the added bonus of fling shot and those nasty crits.

I'm clan so i could use Arablest too, but I dont fancy upping Bow.
    What weap had best AS recharge, Ittaca or Zastaba?

Do you know how many sec's on each?
    Also, what ql should i get?

Can prob with little hassle get into a ql 170ish one but you would have to see for yourself as i dont have skill emu with me atm. The recharge in second would depend on your AS skill as well as the weapons recharge time. Then apply the formula:

Aimed Shot = (Recharge x 40) - (3 x AS skill/100)

to get the AS cycle you will have.

Thanks, this is helpful info indeed.
    Thinking of Tier 1 Chest + Pants, but im completely blank on what to get for the rest, individual parts might be the best. Any suggestions?

If you want to do pvp roll an adv,keeper,ma, engie .... if you want to use as in pvp than roll an agent or soldier ^^

Exchange:[Trader.LVL: 209 AI: 19] [E] [D]

Proud to be Member of the <<<Shadowmoon Association>>>

Mirana..:[Fixer..LVL: 217 AI: 15] [E] [D] [Inaktive]
    Elissia.:[Crat...LVL: 209 AI: 07] [E] [D] [Inaktive]

inaktiv since 15.9 an will stay inaktiv. Thanks 16.0. Ready for delete (room for lovechild prof)

Oh but I have other twinks as well, an yes, Agents are nice for pvp.
    But thats not the point here, the point is I wanna make a pvp-crat, if I'd want advice for any other proffs i would have posted in another category.

Quote Originally Posted by sze
    Thanks, this is helpful info indeed.
    Thinking of Tier 1 Chest + Pants, but im completely blank on what to get for the rest, individual parts might be the best. Any suggestions?
    The usual stuff for that level: predator. Forget about the tier armour, its not really worth it.
    Weapon: you wont get the Ithaca AS recycle down to anything usable, even with a ql275 scope, zastaba is the way to go if you want AS.

- What armor should I use? (cant afford AI armor)
    DeCranums MK1 - Omni/Storm Carbonum - CAS - Predators
    Health+NCU are the things I like most in armor. Don't neglect NCU. You will probably have a range increaser in slot 3, hardcore CPU in slot 5, and compiler in slot 6. This only leaves you with 3 NCU chips.

- What AS-weap is best? (IP-spending + mods is an issue here)
    Don't use a weapon. You don't need it. Maybe a Soft Pepper Pistol or Phaulketron for nanoskills. Your nukes will do 5x more damage than any weapon you can use.

If you REALLY NEED an AS weapon, X-3 is best for a heavy hit.
    Others may tell you others are better. This is WRONG. Crats dont last long in PvP. At your level you will NEVER get a chane to get 2 AS in a battle. One heavy hit would be better.

- Imps or symbs?
    Brain + Eye = Symbs.
    Other locations......its up to you. Probably implants, but play with nano=nanny some and see what comes out best.

- Should I use Add all def. speeches + Add all def. imps and ring of luck - defencive?
    Good plan.

It would have been cool if i could self the best nuke and pet with a CI, not sure if thats possible tho?
    This should work. I was self casting the best nuke and pet when in was in my 130s with gimpy gear. with good stuff and CI.....should be no sweat.

The level range you are planning is probably the BEST range for crat PvP. Your nukes will waste people pretty fast. You will be suprised. There's lots of GA fixers in that range.....you should be able to kill any GA fixer in 5-10 seconds. This is fun!

Good luck! If you need any ideas, my 151 PvP setup is in my sig.
    Last edited by Morphinee; Oct 27th, 2005 at 02:35:01.
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

What breed are you making btw?
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

I made a solitus.
    I'll skip Tier 1 then, and go for Predator mostely. DeCranum drops in Smugglers Den right? I assume Evades will be very important and Preds have some nice mods.

Can crats have two pets at the same time? Say one minion and one bodyguard?
    Last edited by sze; Oct 27th, 2005 at 11:29:20.

DeCranum drops in Smugglers Den right?
    Yes. From any of the "Smuggler" mobs. They drop both MK1 and MK2 pieces. MK2 is level locked to 146+ but you may want to stash some if you decide to level up.

Can crats have two pets at the same time? Say one minion and one bodyguard?
    Not exactly, but we actually get 3 total.

You can only have 1 "summoned pet" such as a minion or bodyguard.
    But, you can charm 2 additional pets. There are 2 type of charms. Your "long" or "stable" charm, and your "short" or "unstable" charm. When charming pets, you must use the long charm first. If you use the short one first, the long one wont work.

Since we are on the topic of PvP and charms, you CAN CHARM your enemy's pets! Got a pesky MP or Engineer bugging you? Thank you for your Slayerdroid! PWN! Wanna see a crat with 2 charmed slayers? Check my sig.

Hehe, I know about the charms and stuff, since I have another Crat as well. (A poorly equipped one tho) But I've seen crats run around with Carlo and Corporate Guardian, thats why i asked.

Carlo is considered a charm replacement.

Sze....

How's yer Crat coming along?

Any news?

Nothing very new has happened. Just lvling, gonna take it casual untill I i hit 100-110 then it's twink-time.

Think I know what i wanna use as armor. Will be a little bit of everything, but im having Pred's and Mantis Chest at least. Cool dmg add, and fair HP add.

edit: and yeh, think it's gonna be the CoH cloak for backwear.