Thread: PvP flag, war all over RubiKa, no ganking and hiding behind 75% lines!

PvP flag, war all over RubiKa, no ganking and hiding behind 75% lines!

The way I see it PvP would be considerably improved by having any player who attacks any other player (hostile nano, pet, or actual attack) flagged as a PKer.

This flag means the player can be attacked ANYwhere (well 75% or less areas) by any player of the opposing side. (Or neutral?)
    The flag is cleared when you die, to prevent reclaim camping. (Maybe not cleared when you /terminate or even only cleared when you are killed by a player )

Although you could be attacked anywhere, not everyone would want to attack you - because then THEY would be flagged PK too.

This flag *could* be set when players attacked guard NPCs and "special" sided NPCs to allow local players to help the guards out.

I think it would really open up the "war" as you would see small battles going on all over, and be free to join in if you wished.

It would also stop people ganking and never taking any risks - you cant just leap back into the saftey of the 75% zone once you have started your attacks.

You could get your guildmates or friends or even independant bounty hunters in to hunt down the person who just killed you, you could even see running battles going on accross RubiKa as people chase each other around.

What do people think?
    Last edited by Raymote; Jul 31st, 2002 at 13:38:24.
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

... and thus it came to pass that every single engineer went hiding in the backyards killing but leets for experience...

1. There is no "war"
    2. If I get flagged PK for killing a PK, then what's the point of flaggin' the first pk?

The only part I agree with is the fact that ppl attacking guards should be made into public target-practice
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

You loose the PK flag when you first die, so all you have to do is commit suicide to loose it.

Also it *could* be on a timer, hide out for 30mins (60 mins, 1 day, 1 week whatever) and your clear again.

It doesnt force you to hide out if you really dont want to PvP any more.
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

Re: PvP flag, war all over RubiKa, no ganking and hiding behind 75% lines!

Originally posted by Raymote

Although you could be attacked anywhere, not everyone would want to attack you - because then THEY would be flagged PK too.
    This is what I was talking about... If I spot someone flagged as a PK, and I can attack him even in a 100% gas zone... Why should I? That would get him deflagged an me flagged instead... Makes flagging kinda pointless, now does it?

No I dont think it does, I think it gives you the choice. Do you want to be a PK right now or not? If you do then you have consequences to accept. At the moment there are no consequences to your actions, killing players or guards.

You can even kill same side players in 0% zones, and apart from reputation (Which isnt THAT relevant in a game with 10s of thousands of players) there are no consequences.

How about if the flag doesnt clear when you die, just on a timer - say 30mins?

You cant NOT flag people who attack other flagged players, because then yet other people would not be able to join in and help the original flagged guy.
    Omni-ECPCS

Originally posted by Raymote

You cant NOT flag people who attack other flagged players, because then yet other people would not be able to join in and help the original flagged guy.
    That's not what you said in your original statement

Anyway, pk-flagging could serve a purpose, but it has to be planned into the slightest detail before going live otherwise we'll have nothing but whiners and gankers all over...

here's an idea maybe:

If someone attacks you in a political zone,
    they are flagged as the Instigator of that fight.

If you kill the Instigator, in self-defense, nothing further happens.
    No change to anyones status or current PvP rules.

If the Instigator kills you, in 'cold blood',
    from that point on they are flagged as your Enemy.

Enemy status is one-way.
    The Instigator is the Enemy of the victim.
    The victim is NOT the Enemy of the Instigator.

The victim of the Instigator may now attack his Enemy
    anywhere anytime regardless of gas levels.
    (Your rage at your murderer overcomes the supression gas )

However, notice I say "may attack".
    Choosing to attack your Enemy now makes you an Instigator.
    If you kill him, you are now Enemys of eachother.
    Meaning that you both could start a fight with eachother anywhere.

So what would be the result of this system?

Ganking should be less common.
    With every gank, you gain an Enemy,
    and the world becomes a little more dangerous for you.

PvPers now have the War-like situation they wanted;
    more Anarchy Online for those who want Anarchy.

If PvPers want to be able to duel eachother anywhere anytime,
    the mechanics now allow that.

Yet it doesnt piss off the PvM'rs who want the safety of a 75% zone.
    They are still safe, unless they choose to cross that line
    and initiate attacks on other players. And even then,
    their risk is limited to only those they have previously attacked.

And, most fundamentally, it makes murdering someone have consequences.

good idea? maybe?
    of course, nothing will ever change ingame.
    but it's fun to think about how it should work.