Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanboi

Fanboi

I've seen a ton of fanboi posts, but this guy takes the cake.

"You people need to appreciate what you have and stop acting like little children that just want more more and more."

You mean like a game that works after you've paid 50 bucks and 12.95/mo? You are who P.T. Barnum was refering to.

"Name one company in the mmorpg industry that works as hard as funcom to improve the issues raised by the players?"

They are working hard with good reason, to save their company after such a disaster.

"For those of you that have a couple of years experience in playing MMORPGS, dig a little deep inside your heads and remeber Origin when UO was launched. Im betting there wasnt a more bug ridden piece of software ever written at that time."

And any smart MMORPG company after that should learn from previous ones. I know for sure AO taught any that come after it what consumer's limitations are on what crap they will put up with.

"From my long experience with MMORPG companies, Funcom is a blessing, a damn god given gift."

You are completely insane.

"This game was in the works for 10 years, Thats 10 years of money being thrown into it without one single dollar coming back to Funcom"

You're not helping their case any. 10 years of work, and it is still this bad? Really, think about that.

"Enjoy what you have right now, wish for more, and again HAVE PATIENCE, or .. go back to EQ, get nerfed and banned every week or so, and watch abashi ignore every single word you type.

Some people are never content with what they got. "

This is the most absurd thing you said in an overall absurd post. YOU can be content with software that doesn't work while you pay for it, but I won't. People like you are the reason the rest of us get ripped off. I'll never get back my 50 bucks for the game, but their not getting any more subscription fees from me, other than the first two months I wasted after the free trial.

Fanboi or Flamer?

I prefer fanboys over flamers who flame fanboys.

You are making me much laughing!

Did you have a point or just want to rant?

Why do you stay if it's so bad?

What I wanna know is, how many boxes of captain crunch would it take to fill the grand canyon??!

*waves bye*

Can I have your stuff?

Originally posted by Ming
    What I wanna know is, how many boxes of captain crunch would it take to fill the grand canyon??!

/me folds his arms... doing the math in his head.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Originally posted by Ming
    Well dont forget the expansion coeficient associated with water or milk. But the loss in structural integerity due to the soft wet captain may force the rigid top layer to collaps.

You ask a very difficult question *gets out calculus book*.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

captain crunch

well if you assume that each box, with milk added has a volume of 0.006 m cubed (box = 30cm * 10cm * 10cm (*2 for the milk))

And the grand canyon is a cuboid of dimensions 1000m * 400m * Xm in length.
    you get 400,000X meters.

So.... 400000 / 0.006 = 66,666,666.67 boxes for each meter of length (in average).

If we further assume that the canyon is 300km long (not sure of actual dimensions) thats 20,000,000,000,000 meters.

So the approximate answer is (with all the simplifications made):

1,333,333,333,400,000,000,000 boxes to fill the entire canyon.

one and a third million billion billion billion. (english billions (a million million))
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

i LOVE that you hijacked this thread...

here is some data for our calculus friends...

what we need is the area of the "exposed" rim surface that makes the depth of the canyon.

Grand Canyon, great gorge of the Colorado River, one of the natural wonders of the world; c.1 mi (1.6 km) deep, from 4 to 18 mi (6.4–29 km) wide, and 217 mi (349 km) long, N and central Ariz. The canyon shows in its rocks, exposed by more than 8 million years of chemical erosion, the repeated geological sequence of uplift, erosion (due to the river's constant wearing force), submergence, and deposition of materials. The multicolored rocks, the steep and embayed rims, and the isolated towers, mesas, “temples,” and other eroded rock forms catch the contrast of sun and shadow and glow with changing hues of great beauty. Plant life on the canyon walls varies from subtropical at the base to subarctic near the rims. Hundreds of ancient pueblos dot the lower canyon walls and the rim, and the Havasupai people still occupy a part of the canyon. The first European to see the canyon was the Spanish explorer García López de Cárdenas in 1540. In 1869, U.S. explorer John Wesley Powell became the first man to lead a party through the canyon bottom in a boat. The Grand Canyon was set aside by the U.S. government in 1908 as a national monument. In 1919 an expanded area was designated Grand Canyon National Park. (1,217,403 acres/492,876 hectares). The park was enlarged in 1975 to include other areas, such as Marble Canyon and parts of Glen Canyon and Lake Mead. Along the forested northern rim and the more accessible southern rim are numerous lookouts, and trails wind to the canyon floor. Raft and boat excursions along the canyon's river bottom are popular. See National Parks and Monuments (table).

See S. Whitney, A Field Guide to the Grand Canyon (1987); J. W. Krutch, Grand Canyon (1989); S. J. Pyne, How the Canyon Became Grand (1998).

This is to StonieRocks and all other that write posts alike:

Why do you use time writing these posts!?!?
    If the game is so bad as it is in 'your world', then evryone would notice and find something else to do, im sure.
    However thats not the reality.
    The reality is that ALOT of people really enjoy playing AO now, and still you write this rideculus posts.
    I really dont understand why you at all wanna spend time on writing such posts, as it seems you HATE the game. As there been some intresting math in this thread i would love to get some psychologiv view on this as it to me is totally contradicting.

(Now some can ask why i spend time writing here........)

=)

If these types of people care so much about every penny they spend, why the hell are they buying video games?
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Xeni

"Why do you use time writing these posts!?!?"

To see exaggerated use of punctuation?

No, seriously. I don't spend much time posting here, and only occasionally read this board. I just thought the person I replied to was WAY off in his opinion of Funcom and AO.

Also, it makes me wonder if anyone actually reads my post instead of reading the first few lines and saying "OMG another AO hater". One person even asked why I still play it, even though I clearly stated I do not. I actually came back to this board to read whether or not I should bother reinstalling Funcom's crap on my PC again, for the free month. After a few minutes on this board, I see too many things that have not changed vs the things that have.

I hold no ill will to people who play AO. But when I see some total crap like the post I replied to, I will point it out.

A valiant attempt at hijacking this thread. Lord knows this thread certainly could use it hehe.

btw, rough estimate on boxes of captain crunch in the grand canyon are 48,675,921 ;p

Re: captain crunch

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    well if you assume that each box, with milk added has a volume of 0.006 m cubed (box = 30cm * 10cm * 10cm (*2 for the milk))

And the grand canyon is a cuboid of dimensions 1000m * 400m * Xm in length.
    you get 400,000X meters.

So.... 400000 / 0.006 = 66,666,666.67 boxes for each meter of length (in average).

If we further assume that the canyon is 300km long (not sure of actual dimensions) thats 20,000,000,000,000 meters.

So the approximate answer is (with all the simplifications made):

1,333,333,333,400,000,000,000 boxes to fill the entire canyon.

one and a third million billion billion billion. (english billions (a million million))
    Although your theory is sound, I believe your conclusions are wrong. The original question was referring to the Captain Crunch only. “With milk added.” was an assumption. Now taking into account that the Grand Canyon has a river at the bottom…one may conclude it could make up a small degree of the fluid volume in your original calculation. You also didn’t figure in the wait of all that yummy goodness into your figures. A box of CC is 481 grams. (1lb 1oz) You must take into consideration the “crush” factor of the cereal at the bottom. We are again assuming here again that the CC is OUT of the box and not still in it.

Personally I feel Ming has left us hanging here with a extreme lack of details and is solely responsible for clearing this up so a TRUE conclusion can be reached on the issue.

Ming?? …/me taps foot, waiting.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

original poster:
    relax, i sent an email to FC support. they said they'd fix the problems.

"What I wanna know is, how many boxes of captain crunch would it take to fill the grand canyon??!":

less than one box of CC. i had a bowl of CC with the US secretary of defense and asked him what it would take to get the grand canyon filled. he said that even one bowl of CC made the president want to fill in the grand canyon and get back at the western states for not petitioning to become part of Texas.

again, less than one box. arrange to have the few ppl with sense from the decision making loop unavailable and give the man a bowl of CC. result: grand canyon filled.

Coincidentally, this number:

is read as: "One Hextillion, Three Hundred Thirty-Three Quintillion, Three Hundred Thirty-Three Quadrillion, Three Hundred Thirty-Three Trillion, Four Hundred Billion".

thanks

thanks for that, i was wondering, i was thinking about putting it into standard form, but didn't.

its wrong tho that was a calculation based on incorrect dimensions, and yes, i didn't take account of the crush factor, infact, i hadn't even thought about it. There are a few more factors to consider, like are we going to have a perfectly flat top, or slightly bowled?

if anyone else can come up with a better guess i'd appreciate it, i really cant be arsed to do all the maths again, in a more complicated way.

incidently, i know he didnt say "with milk added" i know it was an assumption, thats why i said "if we assume..." whats your estimate zenback?
    Last edited by Whiterrabbit; Dec 18th, 2001 at 15:51:52.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Re: Xeni

Originally posted by StonieRocks

I actually came back to this board to read whether or not I should bother reinstalling Funcom's crap on my PC again, for the free month. After a few minutes on this board, I see too many things that have not changed vs the things that have.
    I really think you should try the game again, before you come with statements that AO is still a bad game. Yes there are some problems discussed on the boards here, but they are mostly minor compared to the ones we have had earlier. Further some posters are not arguing very good for their complains and i find them a bit professionish(selfish) without seeing the overall balancing the game.
    So the board is not the best way to find out what actually works now and is great about the game, to find out that you have to try the game again. When you have done that, you are welcome to rewrite that list of "things that have not changed vs the things that have" and post it here if you like.

Good luck with yor free mounth!

Xeni I think you are missing the purpose of this thread. What does that have to do with the number of captain crunch boxes in the grand canyon? hmmm? try to stick to the hijacked thread topic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast