Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

Because they don't have any plans to fix it, and unless something happens, chances of which are low but realistic, the chests won't ever work. Because saying -maybe- will put them under more flak from the community than a fluorescent-painted glider in a warzone. There will eventually be a person who'll post "omfg u promyssed dat u will do it!!111eleventyonecos(0)+shift Y DO U LYE LOL?? :,,,((("

Think of it like with aliens at area 41, with Funcom being the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpacket View Post
    Because they don't have any plans to fix it, and unless something happens, chances of which are low but realistic, the chests won't ever work. Because saying -maybe- will put them under more flak from the community than a fluorescent-painted glider in a warzone. There will eventually be a person who'll post "omfg u promyssed dat u will do it!!111eleventyonecos(0)+shift Y DO U LYE LOL?? :,,,((("

Think of it like with aliens at area 41, with Funcom being the government.
    That brings up an interesting point... why weren't the chests questioned when they were first patched in? Can anyone speak from memory about the CoH patch?

It would seem that FC likes to work on new things and not backtrack too much. Why wasn't anyone asking back when they still had the programmers?
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Most likely FC assumed that the chests would eventually be patched, but were left inactive for now, along with the entire CoH quest, leaving it at a mostly playable phase. Coders were needed elsewhere, SL I'm guessing, making sure that hecklers can use their telescopic go-go-heckler fists to clobber you from a mile away.

Nobody actually protested against broken CoH chests since everybody thought that a) they're just too dumb to open it, the community already has/soon will have a solution b) since nobody's talking about it then it means there's no decent loot inside

As for FC fixing such apparent issues, they tends to fix only the stuff that can seriously break the game and/or lessen the amount of mindless grind in the game. AO has a rich bouquet of everything from broken quests ( cookie jar to the first to name three, apart from the CoH ) through typos and story inconsistencies and ending with stuff that technically is working, but is designed in a horrible and very user-hostile way ( example being intuitively breakable scheol key quests if my memory isn't failing ) - COH quest items being a long-dead relict of overly ambitious plans, just like land control in SL, kamikadze bots for engineers or that bozo in Tir who keeps disappearing after you talk to him.

And as for the thread Rktim posted, I still think this was a much more enjoyable read. I never was into SL much. If I'd want to play a fantasy setting I'd go play WoW *mumble mumble*

Yeah, I did those Scheol Key quests at the level they were meant to be done on my agent. I am pleased to announce that I will not be doing those for any reason again, until the toon in question is far above the intended level range. For the sanct key I had to have my friend mezz all of Scheol just to get up the hill to the machine, and that was after I fell off 4 times. I like that the nasc and ely key quests reflect due diligence and effort, while the scheol quests, unfortunately, reflect whether I know a MP or not, and whether I can bring enough friends to kill the PB.

Enough about that... good explanation, Badpacket. Here's a fair question for us/FC:

What will it take to get something done here? Without saying that the chests are certainly borked, what kind of advice is there for a person that wants to open them? Should the person in question be camping Cerubin, or camping the Forums? What can I do?
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Quote Originally Posted by Badpacket View Post
    Most likely FC assumed that the chests would eventually be patched, but were left inactive for now, along with the entire CoH quest, leaving it at a mostly playable phase. Coders were needed elsewhere, SL I'm guessing, making sure that hecklers can use their telescopic go-go-heckler fists to clobber you from a mile away.

Nobody actually protested against broken CoH chests since everybody thought that a) they're just too dumb to open it, the community already has/soon will have a solution b) since nobody's talking about it then it means there's no decent loot inside

As for FC fixing such apparent issues, they tends to fix only the stuff that can seriously break the game and/or lessen the amount of mindless grind in the game. AO has a rich bouquet of everything from broken quests ( cookie jar to the first to name three, apart from the CoH ) through typos and story inconsistencies and ending with stuff that technically is working, but is designed in a horrible and very user-hostile way ( example being intuitively breakable scheol key quests if my memory isn't failing ) - COH quest items being a long-dead relict of overly ambitious plans, just like land control in SL, kamikadze bots for engineers or that bozo in Tir who keeps disappearing after you talk to him.

And as for the thread Rktim posted, I still think this was a much more enjoyable read. I never was into SL much. If I'd want to play a fantasy setting I'd go play WoW *mumble mumble*
    I was under the impression that all that is left of two broken quests are the Head of an Immortal and the Bottle of memmories/remembrance.
    from what i understand another such is the Pseudo pattern you pick up on occasion while farming for Min Jui lee
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

K, i tried opening the crate with a white dress... did not work.

I am not going back to the crypt again.... possibly ever.

I dont care about the dumtastic crate anymore.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

My crat is level 60, and I don't know a whole lot about what they can and can't charm. However, I migh suggest warping in a high level crat and dragging cerubin to the chest? Can he even be dragged?
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    My crat is level 60, and I don't know a whole lot about what they can and can't charm. However, I migh suggest warping in a high level crat and dragging cerubin to the chest? Can he even be dragged?
    Uniques and all boss mobs cannot be charmed or mezzed.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by barg View Post
    Uniques and all boss mobs cannot be charmed or mezzed.
    Figures... the game probably can't tell exactly what mob you've got charmed anyways.

Anyone tried SL keys/sanc keys?
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Considering the CoH entrance is located between the two small towers there... Has anyone tried having one or two team members trying to do things to the locked doors there while the rest tries doing whatever random things inside that you have already devised at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    Considering the CoH entrance is located between the two small towers there... Has anyone tried having one or two team members trying to do things to the locked doors there while the rest tries doing whatever random things inside that you have already devised at the same time?
    That's kind of unclear... what "things" do you mean? The doors open fine. We need to open giant chests that contain... well, nobody knows. Maybe nothing.

Has anyone who knows what he or she is doing had a chance to look at the patch content notes from Auno?
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

I'm guessing that the current FC devs, who indeed are different people from the coh designers, have no idea about the code created by someone else, and are simply affraid that uncommenting that line for the chests might break the entire crypt.
    Isnt that what test is for?

lol this thread still alived ?

You all opsessed by that chest ?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetpantys View Post
    lol this thread still alived ?

You all opsessed by that chest ?
    I just want to know if we can open it... there might be something awesome in there.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    I just want to know if we can open it... there might be something awesome in there.
    everything awesome is already not found but EQUIPED ... nothing left of the game so now its time for the chest in coh ? :P
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

theres an application form for Age of Conan inside the chest !

Quote Originally Posted by amiryde View Post
    theres an application form for Age of Conan inside the chest !
    They'll open it on AO's last day live.

Ta-da!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

/adjust

Erm... I mean BUMP.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

bumpity bump

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast