Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

Quote Originally Posted by Chrioset View Post
    after reading all these posts in this thread im pretty convinced that these chests and that obilisk are all just pushed back projects that will more or less never be implamented into the game, because just like how SOE ruined EQ....FC is more concerend with expansion packs than actually patching more content (WoW anyone?). It's sad and pathetic that noone at FC doesn't even have the time to say Yes or No. FC please just stop giving us these stupid little expansions and just fix the boring content that's in the game.

Best comment ever award 2006.

after reading all these posts in this thread im pretty convinced that these chests and that obilisk are all just pushed back projects that will more or less never be implamented into the game, because just like how SOE ruined EQ....FC is more concerend with expansion packs than actually patching more content (WoW anyone?). It's sad and pathetic that noone at FC doesn't even have the time to say Yes or No. FC please just stop giving us these stupid little expansions and just fix the boring content that's in the game.
    award seconded.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

The devs that codded CoH aren't even there any more most likely. That entire section of code is most likely foreign to any current people. The just simply don't know and have no idea where to even start to check if that object does anything, and it sure as hell isn't their priority to spend time on it.

Its just like the Cyborg Barracks problem, they just simply have no idea, it was codded by older people not around anymore.

And their never gonna publicly say "We have no idea" :/
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    Quick? That's an understatement if I ever heard one.

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it."
    -Raistlin Majere

Perhaps when you reach the chest you should try /prostrate while muttering a prayer to St. Jude.
    Yes! Raistlin rocks...he's my idol. And now I <3 you.

Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

FC please just stop giving us these stupid little expansions and just fix the boring content that's in the game.
    lol whut?

and btw:
    We don't discuss what might or might not be possible quest or game play wise like that and answer 'how do you do X' type questions. As someone suggested earlier in the thread some things are just, very intentionally, left as mysteries
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

There are galactic arul gems in the chests!

Jamison "SOMMX" Twenty :: 220/22 Atrox Fixer :: Status - Reborn.

Original "SOMM" Evil :: 216/18 Opifex Fixer :: Status : Stripped.

As I posted in another thread:

I suspect (dont know) :: since the level of the stuff in there is very high as compared to the level limit of going inside the crypt, the B&E skill requirement is set rather high as to be comparable to the level of the quest/mission/mobs.

That would make it impossible for the level limited visitors to open them

Just a guess on my part but it makes a little sense.

If so its not really a bug but more of an oversight that has not reached the right ears or eyes.

Mabe you could suggest to them (FunCom) to 'test this theory'
    Last edited by Armedeus1; Nov 21st, 2006 at 16:13:05.

you get

Another mysterious crate you did not see...

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

You get...

"The Sector 42 Strategy Guide".

Now THAT is worth the hustle.
    Phanna Shadowblade, 32 Night Elf Rogue
    Teresa "Cinder" Toume, 8 Opifex Fixer Under Construction
    Teresa Koren, Level 14 Twi'Lek Commando
    Emrys "Llenlleawg" Wyddfa, retired 19 Solitus Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    you get

Another mysterious crate you did not see...

ANi.
    rofl!

not exactly the chest, but about the obelisc

anyone ever noted that after you activate the obelisc and head down, kill the demon, and all the cenobites, and the necromancers and then, when you continue there wont come out any kizzermoles from the wall? you get no "scratching in the walls" or whatever. try it. or maybe they only changed that recently. i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Armedeus1 View Post
    As I posted in another thread:

I suspect (dont know) :: since the level of the stuff in there is very high as compared to the level limit of going inside the crypt, the B&E skill requirement is set rather high as to be comparable to the level of the quest/mission/mobs.

That would make it impossible for the level limited visitors to open them

Just a guess on my part but it makes a little sense.

If so its not really a bug but more of an oversight that has not reached the right ears or eyes.

Mabe you could suggest to them (FunCom) to 'test this theory'
    I'm trying to get a bracer of recondite flame and seeing as no one seems to want to sell one to me, it's looking likely that I may have to get warped into CoH and get one myself. I'll check out these and see if you are right while I'm there, I've got B&E of about 700, so assume I'll have a good chance of opening one if your theory is correct.

Already tried by a 220 fixer, I don't think b&e is the key. But the fact that if you kill pitt demons and stuffs like that is really interesting... also don't forget teh dongeon is designed for team work (and not for exploiting camera bugs;p). Anyone tryed killing every "special mob" of the dungeon to see if something happen?
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

the chest contains a rebuilt rbp btw. i have one on every toon now.
    220/23 Solitus Soldier
    Veteran of Uprising

stupid guess, but for inferno tombstone quest we have this item for triggering stuffs:
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=262310

Now let's try to find the item for coh chests:/
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

Well, you guys award someone pretty dense. :/ Go you!

Anyways.

How could you have read all the posts and somehow 'missed' the one that says, "These are most likely projects issued out by another programmer that is no longer with us, blah blah blah, I'll look into it but am currently busy with the expansions"

You think they choose what they get to work on? For sure, there are a few who decide what's going to happen and whats' not. For the rest of them, they just do what they're supposed to do. Get over it and wait.

Happy hunting.

now that we have a couple of people who have dinged lvl 220, can they openit?

maybe one of the benefits of enlightenment is opening the crate.

ANi.

Hey, what level is Cerubin? Maybe you have to wear the tentacle outfit while you're his level?
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg View Post
    Hey, what level is Cerubin? Maybe you have to wear the tentacle outfit while you're his level?
    done that, didn't work, but the head piece cant be worn cause it is social armor and the tentacle stuff isn't so maybe its doable if the tentacle stuff was social armor to
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast