Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

I am actually hoping that when you open the crate you get a special level of doom.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Well if were onto what we hope is in the chest now, i hope some unborked trader luv is in the chest. Bet thats why it cant be opened.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Well, if it does have anything to do with wearing the merlin gear, isnt there also an excalibur sword that could be thrust into it?

Quote Originally Posted by fostian View Post
    Well, if it does have anything to do with wearing the merlin gear, isnt there also an excalibur sword that could be thrust into it?
    There most certainly is... but that would -require- a keeper and im not sure if thats something they would do as it would lock out all other professions.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Ok, due to the number of PM's i am getting about what happens when you open the crate, here goes.

Removed message because i don't want people to know how i make tonnes of creds

What was cool was the earthquake that caused part of the room to collapse and prevented us from leaving or others from entering.

ANi.
    Last edited by Animosity; Nov 10th, 2006 at 20:04:48.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I guess not everyone saw my walkthrough solution from my other thread, so I'll share the experience here:

/me stands before Cerubin's chest
    /me equips Sacrificial Ensigns of Cerubin, Anillo Casero de la Cripta, Bracer of Recondite Flames, Bracer of the Dark Flame, Brother's Brass Knuckles, Collar Casero de la Cripta, Human Skin Hood, Mangler Claw, Neck Eye, Necromancer Cloak, & Shapeshifter's Vest

/me right clickie on chest...
    Grrr...now what?
    /prostrate
    /moon

/YMCA

Oh ffs! Annon Edhellen, edro hi ammen!
    Bah. Hmm...What's the elvish word for friend? Err..nm, I remember...

"Mellon"

A whispering voice in your head: ...Cerubin, my master, you have returned. I shall answer your request....

There is a rumbling, followed by a disturbing noise behind the walls... something like slabs of granite scraping across one another. The floor seems to shift beneath your feet. You feel a breeze against your cheek, and a chilling howl rises up from somewhere down the corridor. In the back of your mind you start to hear a dark, foreboding chant which seems to come from nowhere and is in a language you don't understand. You swear you can see intangible shadowy things flitting about in the darkness. Your pulse quickens, and your blood is on fire. The visceral chanting is louder now. You have a strong desire to run...like you are about to awaken some ancient evil...

Something else stirs near you... Something foreign... Something old... Something...

You cannot see it, but you sense it...a presence. It is powerful. You feel the need to fall to your knees in worship, but you can't move. It is looking at you....through you..not just your body, but your soul. You can feel it...peering in like a thief. It tears away the layers of consciousness which hide your secrets...the facade that each of us puts on to assuage our own guilt. You are paralyzed as the presence scans the fabric of your being...examining you...judging you...your life...your deeds...your sins...

The chest at your feet begins to hum eerily, and you notice a soft blue glow which seems to emanate from within the chest. Soon the runes upon the chest begin to glow as well. The horrible chanting continues and only seems to get louder with each passing second. The light coming from the chest starts to hurt your eyes, but you can't look away. You feel an unseen weight pressing in on your chest, making it difficult to breathe. There is a blinding flash of light! And then....

Silence.

"Click"

The lid opens.

[Vicinity Loot Messages] Vlainstrike looted Floating Torch
    [Vicinity Loot Messages] Vlainstrike looted Immortal Fungus
    [Vicinity Loot Messages] Vlainstrike looted Jet
    [Vicinity Loot Messages] Vlainstrike looted Key to the Chest of Cerubin.

OMG!! WTF...!@#$!%!^^!#!@#$#@%%
    /quit
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Now you got me literally rolling on my floor laughing, Vlain
    Best post I read in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    There most certainly is... but that would -require- a keeper and im not sure if thats something they would do as it would lock out all other professions.
    Well lots of what I am reading concerning these chests seem to have reference to the Shadow Lands...so a keeper would also kind of make sense. Besides the keepers have to be able to do something, right

Quote Originally Posted by fostian View Post
    Well lots of what I am reading concerning these chests seem to have reference to the Shadow Lands...so a keeper would also kind of make sense. Besides the keepers have to be able to do something, right
    Yeah- but if a kpr is going to do it, its going to take abou half an hour to do the buffs, and then the kpr will do it by hitting q, and waiting while the rest of the team runs around in mad panic screaming Healz, pull agg, and i wish we had an enfo instead.

ANi.

This is Ani's full message which she deleted above, did you really think you could get away with deleting the main part of the thread :P

Ok, due to the number of PM's i am getting about what happens when you open the crate, here goes.

When you open the crate, you get a small version of the TNH that comes out, guarded by other small versions of mobs you see, you get 4 waves of 3 for a total of about 13 mobs. The small supporter guard mobs are the same scale as the zodiacs. They are all about the scale of dancing santa. So mini THN keeps hitting you while you work in mini zods. I have a screeny somewhere on my home pc. The THN mob does not work unless you kill each of of the mini zods. Then when you get through the mini THN, you get a mini beast. Open that up and you get a portal to pande in a section I had not seen before. As I was not wearing my ring, I did not get far. The mobs drop normal boss lewt, and most of them dropped a CRU. I won't tell you what THN dropped or the min beast... can't spoil every thing.

What was cool was the earthquake that caused part of the room to collapse and prevented us from leaving or others from entering.

ANi.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

On behalf of Hells Heroes and the rest of my Omni bretheren, I'd just like to say...

zomg.
    John 'Schwad' Shaft - 220 Omni Doc (ph34r t3h 4fr0!) Schwad's Shiznit
    Mike 'Frobius' Oxlong - 217 Omni Soldier, Chocolate Milkman and layabout. Back from the dead!! Fro's Shiznit
    Captain 'Malfeasance' Ooonagi - Malfeasance / n. - evil crat...
    'Hlepgnak' - Some random trader..

General of Hells Heroes - Pwning for phatz!

EMOTUTORIAL!!!

The infinite is possible at Zombo Com!!!

Omgzzz l33t!!

Oh.. maybe the answers is at zombocom. Apparently the unnatainable is unknown there. :O

See sig.
    John 'Schwad' Shaft - 220 Omni Doc (ph34r t3h 4fr0!) Schwad's Shiznit
    Mike 'Frobius' Oxlong - 217 Omni Soldier, Chocolate Milkman and layabout. Back from the dead!! Fro's Shiznit
    Captain 'Malfeasance' Ooonagi - Malfeasance / n. - evil crat...
    'Hlepgnak' - Some random trader..

General of Hells Heroes - Pwning for phatz!

EMOTUTORIAL!!!

The infinite is possible at Zombo Com!!!

Omgzzz l33t!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post

[Vicinity Loot Messages] Vlainstrike looted Jet
    You just got owned.
    Phanna Shadowblade, 32 Night Elf Rogue
    Teresa "Cinder" Toume, 8 Opifex Fixer Under Construction
    Teresa Koren, Level 14 Twi'Lek Commando
    Emrys "Llenlleawg" Wyddfa, retired 19 Solitus Engineer

Chick outside CoH recites MacBeth for some reason and has blue name denoting her as quest NPC :S

Edit: Apparently it's an fgrid npc... as I found out just as I killed her (1k dmg shield was annoying) and a young fixer came to do that portion of the quest! =/

As a side note... You received 3979 credits from the corpse.
    Last edited by Mostadio; Nov 13th, 2006 at 14:46:38.
    Waiting for a cure.

So, what professions are these?
    Another hint we get from verse 117, is that maybe the chest should be opened by a full team, since the ones who opened it were 6 in total: Gawain with the Green Shield, Galahad the White Stag, Red Hand Mordred, Morgaine the Riddle-Maker, Merlin Ambrosius and Ergo the Smith.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchin View Post
    So, what professions are these?
    No definite clue but for instance:

Gawain with the Green Shield = MP (MPs have a big square shield that they carry, no? Or is it another prof?)
    Galahad the White Stag = ??
    Red Hand Mordred = MA (MAs have flames coming out of their fists)
    Morgaine the Riddle-Maker = ??
    Merlin Ambrosius = NT (Merlin was a magician)
    Ergo the Smith = Engineer (the Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post

Gawain with the Green Shield = MP (MPs have a big square shield that they carry, no? Or is it another prof?)
    My guess is that either gawain or galahad are keeper... white stag could reference the horse the classic palladin has OR shield could reference the same.

riddle-maker... like a crat or trader imo as riddle-making could allude to crowd control.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post

I would imgagine galahad would be a keeper. Assuming lord galahad's presentation in the sl's an the weapon's that hold his name. I believe that the lord galahad an galahad company aren't related but i could deffaintly be wrong since i havnt really checked on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon5 View Post
    I would imgagine galahad would be a keeper. Assuming lord galahad's presentation in the sl's an the weapon's that hold his name. I believe that the lord galahad an galahad company aren't related but i could deffaintly be wrong since i havnt really checked on that.
    i believe the galahad guns were around long before SL... might be wrong tho, too lazy to look it up in DB
    Proud Member of Paradise

well sl's was once a part of rk i think before the rift. But i don't know the sotry of galahad inc. so for all i know they could be a company of sl's leader used for making credz

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast