Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

Awesome

But this does explain why there has been a wall of silence, they would never some out and publicly say "hmm, we actually don't know, isnt that weird?"

hahaha
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Awesome

But this does explain why there has been a wall of silence, they would never some out and publicly say "hmm, we actually don't know, isnt that weird?"

hahaha
    Notice though how Funcom activity has dropped considerably lately (except for Enno which does it out of the goodness of his heart) and even Sirillion seem to hardly be around to respond to things in general compared to earlier.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Yeah, take a look at the consolidated IPR thread (that was ninja unstickied...)

No one from FC posts anything for a long while, people start getting angry that months go by and nothing, then they will come in but to post that people are being harsh makin them not wanna post... AND THATS ALL. WTF, were not the ones paid to talk to them ;D (epically when all it would of taken to prevent, and now stop it is PROPER Public Relations... sigh)

Ahh well, i guess it seems it may very well be unfinished content from one of the devs that isnt around anymore like hinted at, probably something he had planned and hadn't gotten around to doing before he left, and now is lost in code
    Krause Equip

(Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")

Quote Originally Posted by krazyglue View Post
    Below is the PM i got this weekend.
    Well, that's definitely an answer I guess. Certainly less cryptic than 'maybe someday they will reveal their secrets'. Apparently someday they will reveal their secrets to the newer devs as well.

Until then I'd say stop wasting player hours on it. (just a suggestion)

I feel sorry for devs faced with inheriting old code.
    Last edited by Vlain; Sep 11th, 2006 at 16:08:15.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Bump for this thread. I love it.
    I hope this "quest" is solved.

$
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Any relation to the SL statue in the basement?

I think the only way this will be solved is that if we fully max the number of people in COH and then kill everything play with everything and then check the crate until something new happens.

ANi
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg View Post
    I've been thinking.

Cerubin is related to the Beast. According to the Pandemonium Background Story thread, the Beast is related to the Kyr'Ozch. Has anyone tried using various kinds of AI items on the chests?
    anyone try the variable friction jelly? a lubricant might help the lock open up
    Proud Member of Paradise

Ani knows!

Wait a sec.

In my cities & aliens thread Ani posted the chest contained a ...

Well, I guess I wont say in case ur trying to keep it a surprise.

Prolly nothing, but....

Prolly was just bored or a joke, but in the mysterious statue thread Owara just posted this....

Quote Originally Posted by Qwara View Post
    Where did I put my Statue of the Goddess Buffy Summers? I know I had it recently

maybe it really does have something to do with the shere statue in the dungeon... the other day i was camping T1 parts in the ely dungeon outta boredom and I happen to pick up one of those Wrath of Zeus weapons. My next kill, after it was dead, I accidentally picked up and dropped the wrath of zeus weapon on the corpse (i was trying to delete it) and i got one of those orange 'item' bars. Maybe it's just me, but I dont think I've ever seen that happen with a weapon before, which is curious, because i remember reading something about a weapon causing an item effect bar when it was dropped on the chest... also, following along with the shadowlands theme, perhaps the ergo's on RK have something to do with the CoH chests? as far as I can tell, this is the only other place on RK directly linked to SL (shere statue in CoH, Ergo on RK). not sure if these have been already suggested, i stopped followin up on the thread a long time ago so yeah... :P

this is the quest that never ends

yes it goes on and on my friends

Some people started questing

not knowing what it was

and they'll continue questing forever just because

this is the quest that never ends

yes it goes on and on friends

Some people started questing

not knowing what it was

and they'll continue questing forever just because.....

keep at it folks
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

Could it have anything to do with the Temple of Home (place u go to after killin Beast) there is lots of pictures and weird language runes on the walls and a path to the south that has a picture door that opens, but you cant enter for some reason? Maby a key on that door? Or maby even something to do with #9 who claims at 1 point to be the beast himself?
    Last edited by Krause; Sep 23rd, 2006 at 00:40:21.
    Krause Equip

Quote Originally Posted by whereareu View Post
    Prolly was just bored or a joke, but in the mysterious statue thread Owara just posted this....
    Ahhh, I was just coming to this thread to post the same thing!

SO has anyone tried using the Buffy statue yet? I'm at work or I'd try it - the management frowns on people playing MMORPGs at work ...

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Here is something else to ponder upon.

Let's assume that Cerubin = Cherubin or Cherubim, a category of angel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherubim. More specifically the angel that was guarding the way to the Tree of Life, east of the Garden of Eden armed with flaming swords (Genesis 3:24).

Now, let's remember that the Beast = the Devil, who was the most powerful of the angels. So powerful that he finally tried to oppose God and was banned as a result and became the Devil.

In CoH we deal with Cerubin the Rejected. Rejected angels usually joined the ranks of the Devil as demons of some sort.

So now we have a Cerubin (an original keeper of the gate to paradise), which is rejected and becomes a servant of the Beast. If Cerubin remains true to his original profession, he is now garding the door to the Garden of the Beast (perhaps to Pandemonium).

What else can I say?
    Just found out that Cherubims had four wings (Ezechiel 1:6: "Every one [Cerubim] had four faces, and every one four wings.")

AFAIR, there are four tentacles of Cerubim in CoH, no?

I was beginning to wonder if they chest works only on specific dates, such as haloween, or with the staff from neleb?

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Did you try to use Buffy statue on chest?
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Hey all, I figured it out!!!

it was actually quite simple, and after a few hours of trying different item combinations and gear, i found this to work!!! I opened the chest!!!!

all you have to do is this:

[message deleted by forum coordinator]
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

Whoaly carp that was fun thank for pming me the message. Athough at the second boss after [message deleted by forum coordinator] and then it finished.
    But the rest was cool. This is totally gonna flood the market though.

ANi.
    Last edited by Animosity; Nov 5th, 2006 at 00:50:17.

Ok guys c'mon stop pulling our leg, ani we all know your just joking to get our hopes up

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast