Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

OH! that's a good idea. if im following this right, we have to add the order of grey glyphs on the walls and doors near cerubin to the chests. OR! the one that's behind cerubin (look at the pictures showing the translation of "G X N I")

one thing, when i was at the Bane's room, i right clicked on the capsule and it said "This cannot be used now" and along the way to cerubin, there's this weird looking unredeemed statue near these necromancers, i right clicked on it and it said sum crap,

"For a moment the markings on the obelisk seem to sparkle, and you get a sensation in your body as if hands are reaching out clutching for your soul, but the glow fades out, and you are left with a numb feeling."

i just believe that it's a sequence of events in order to find out the mystery.
    Last edited by Arrone; Aug 5th, 2006 at 20:02:18.
    Arrone:Engineer Level 220/16 (RK1)

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...
    -Start everyday with a smile and get it over with...
    -Kill anything that moves...
    -[Clan OOC] Phatsam: <g0atb0t> What's ADD stand for? Attention Deficit LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search&name=glyph

I have looked through the glyphs, and there are no G or N glyphs
    So we can trash the applying gray glyphs to this mystery. It also isn't some intricate dance you have to hit on your keyboard. Nor can I think of an emote that starts with X so i don't think its that.

I do think that if it is a list of letters rather than a word, that we shold be looking for more buttons to press inside the area.

----------
    New thought - could those letters be a professional listing? for example, they all match T2 glyphs. THe magician glyph (engineer) does not appear on that list.

ANi.
    Last edited by Animosity; Aug 5th, 2006 at 21:04:59.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I've sent Silirrion a PM asking him to come here to explain why he can't answer us.

In the meantime, I was reading through the thread to see if we'd missed any clues, and I think we have. Someone suggests getting a team in with an engi -to warp around in there-.

There are three chests, all with a 20 sec countdown after you try opening them? Has anyone tried to, you know, open all three solo within those 20 seconds? It should be possible with two beacon warping engies and some good timing.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

no one has ever tried it i guess...

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...
    -[Clan OOC] Phatsam: <g0atb0t> What's ADD stand for? Attention Deficit LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

bump! been trying it out myself a bit without luck

here's the list of stuff we can do:
    • Get a team of 3 to open up the chests one by one.
    • Get a team with an engi to warp members around to different chests.
    • Wear Cerubin Armor (to try and impersonate Cerubin) and open up the chest near the sewers. Then try opening up the others.
    • Use gray glyphs in order.

Anything else? I'll update it as I get more ideas and i'll say "(DONE)" after someone's tried one out.

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...

My TL7s can't really do the armor thing, because of twinked on gear, but I have a L100 crat that can. Drop me a line on Rimor some time if someone wants to collect full sets of that sexy armor and try the various options.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

i can help out on rimor too if you want i have a low ma that isnt twinked into much just send me a tell he can easily get into all the ma only items

I see Silirrion, though he was online a lot during the downtime, still hasn't found a way of saying "My hands are tied by the owners of FC, can't tell you squat."

I must admit that this sounds more and more like this being a case of no one knowing a thing about what works and doesn't work. I am starting to suspect that FC has lost track of what content does and does not work, simply going with "Working as intended" whenever asked despite NO ONE knowing anymore what the intention was.

Why can't FC admit to this? We are wasting time on subscribed, paid accounts; in-game credits now and then for a warp into CoH; and even time off-game trying to come up with possible solutions.

WHY is it so hard to come out and say, "Okay, guys, here's the deal - you can't open them now, in patch 16.2, but MAYBE, SOME DAY, either before or after Duke Nukem Forever gets released, you MIGHT be able to open them. Just not now. Keep trying back after each content upgrade."

Is it because they know how angry people will be that we weren't told this half a year ago?
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Anyone tried those bracersrings/bands of the first/second/third pact, or some of the other weird SL drops?

Oh, and by the way:

Aug 12th, 2006 13:33:37
    Moonleg

Nice.
    i win teh internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpacket
    omg luk i h4ve 12 yrs & i sw3r cuz i'm s000 l33t
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysken View Post
    its always these damn problems.. 24/7 6 days a week..

XD

ha...seen that lots...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg
    I must admit that this sounds more and more like this being a case of no one knowing a thing about what works and doesn't work. I am starting to suspect that FC has lost track of what content does and does not work, simply going with "Working as intended" whenever asked despite NO ONE knowing anymore what the intention was.
    As time goes by and older tenured staff leave a company and new ones come in, the institutional knowledge about certain things disappear. No one notices since the new folks don't know what they don't know....

Then something pops up and everyone says "what?" and remembers that the last guy out the door worked on that....this is typical all over the business world...

Bump for a great topic!

As for Funcom giving up any remaining little secret still hidden in the game, ain't gonna happen. I remember reading an article (wish I could find the damn thing) that when the Shadowlands was released, Funcom had estimated it would take players 18 months to defeat the beast and based their production schedule for Alien Invasion on that. Bad little monkeys that we are, the player base killed the beast in something like 8 months. If Funcom still has a secret that players have not discovered, they are loving that fact! That's not being mean, they are just not giving out the ending to their story.

Well, FC did have turnover, but they promoted from within:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/anarc...ml?sid=6112957

Personally, I think the chests can be opened, we just have not figured out how. Perhaps it only works at certain times or on certain days. Crypt was developed for players <110, so I don't think the item(s) comes from an endgame place or mob. All the 110 players in the game could get together and not kill LOTV. What ever it is, I think it is RK, Nacense, Ely, maybe Schoel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmrabe View Post
    FUNCOM doesn't know S!!T about lazy and apathetic!

I'll SHOW YOU lazy and apathetic...

Tomorrow... if I feel like it.

my post wasn't a statemetn saying that that had ocurred,

although i assumed it...it was just an alternative..

I expect that a lot more folks, low level coders, etc. have left than just Morten.

Besideds, just 'cause you haven't left employment, doesn't mean that you worked on the same project. Also, development notes get lots, documention doesn't get written, or gets lost..etc..

Not saying it happened, just saying it happens. I also think it's a more logical explanation than "they're saving the answer for us to figure out"..

But i'm a cynic.

Quote Originally Posted by Burningsmell View Post
    As for Funcom giving up any remaining little secret still hidden in the game, ain't gonna happen.
    Nobody wants FC to give up the secret as to how they can be opened, we just want to know if it is even possible to open them so people aren't wasting time on a broken/unfinished content.

I don't think that is too much to ask. And as I've said several times before, it is remarkably cruel for FC to let players continue to waste countless hours of paid up game time on potentially broken content.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    I don't think that is too much to ask. And as I've said several times before, it is remarkably cruel for FC to let players continue to waste countless hours of paid up game time on potentially broken content.
    i want FC to tell us something. but your statament is wrong.
    they do want u to spend as much time as possible doing anything game relaited
    caz who will leave the game when he is in the middle of the bigest mistry ingame
    this will make u pay again and again waiting for the soultion.

P.S FC (or sil) please responce here , u can only post "working as intended" and dosn't do anything but make pple spend alot of time looking for a soultion.

The idea of institutional memory seems to apply more and more as of late. Codebase in general. Content like CoH chests. Gas mechanics in NW towers.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by buka View Post
    i want FC to tell us something. but your statament is wrong.
    hmm k...guess I should've said most people don't want all the answers spoon fed in a cheat guide, but some do...but w/e
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

The fact that Sil cant even respond to "yes the programming for that is finished and ingame, i just cant say anything about it" is rather shoddy. What the heck kind of company institutes a policy where they cant even tell their customers if some aspects of content that are added are actually finished or not.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

anyone try opening them in a halloween costume?

Ive never fought Cerubin myself and i know that place has alot of closing doors, but is he pullable? Maybe the chest will open if hes in the same room. Someone want to give it a try?

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast