Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

I think the most logical way to open the Capsules would be to somehwo look like cerubin, i know this have been tried, but has someone tried to extract some blood or flesh or something from whats left from cerubin when he dies? maybe u can extarct something and the cover ur self with it so u maybe smell like cerubin

Also, have anyone tried to translate the letters on the big door to where cerubian is?
    here is a almost fully cracked Rune Alphabet, maybe someone could run around CoH and see what u can make out?

EDIT: I tried to find what the mssing letters was, here is what i think could be correct

B = Bhootar
    X = Xum
    R = Roch
    Last edited by Blackdog; Jul 23rd, 2006 at 15:11:20.
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Gray glyphs all have those titles...

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Busata
    well, looking at it pure technical, I don't think there is a mechanism that would make dying act as a trigger to open a chest. But you never know ^^
    Can never know- in GW npc says you need to kneel before dragon's ghost to get a mis. Usually takes people like 5 min to figure out that you are actually sippose to use /kneel emote while standing infront of it.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

just a theory:

in an interview with Silirrion there was a question that AOV asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by Interview Article
    The two chests in Crypt of Home: Working as intended?

Heh…now that would be telling Maybe one day they will reveal their secrets
    I am thinking that opening up all the chests might open up with keys inside and u combine them to open the door to 'The Pyramid', or when u open all at the same time..u open up the door to The Pyramid.

To get the chest to "work"...you can try wear all of Cerubin's tentacle item drops such as:
    • Intimate Tentacle Things
    • Tentacle Tape
    • Tentacle Threads
    • Tentacle Thongs
    • Neck Eye
    • Grasping Ring
    and try right clicking on the chest. it says "You are not cerubin, my master..." so, try wearing items that might resemble him.

anyone know the history of cerubin anyway? like...what was he rejected from and such? and blackdog, i'll try to get into CoH and see wat symbols ur talking about.
    Arrone:Engineer Level 220/16 (RK1)

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...
    -Start everyday with a smile and get it over with...
    -Kill anything that moves...
    -[Clan OOC] Phatsam: <g0atb0t> What's ADD stand for? Attention Deficit LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrone
    To get the chest to "work"...you can try wear all of Cerubin's tentacle item drops such as:
    Intimate Tentacle Things
    Tentacle Tape
    Tentacle Threads
    Tentacle Thongs
    Neck Eye
    Grasping Ring.
    Although I haven't spent much time actually messing with the chests myself (i refuse to waste hours on this when FC can't even give a straight answer as to whether its working or not), I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and it seems to me that wearing cerubin's gear almost has to be a component of the solution. I especially believe Sacrificial Ensigns of Cerubin are part of it given the blue animation effects you get when equipping them.

My concern is that since CoH is designed around team play, and requires more than one person to enter, that the chest solution probably requires multiple people as well (not that this idea is anything new). Unfortunately, given that consideration the possible solutions become almost endless. (WTB some clues ffs!)

Obviously you need one person to mimic cerubin by wearing his gear and such, and beyond that I'm thinking you may need anywhere up to a full team of people mimicing Cerubin's followers, and performing tasks for some kind of ritual that may even involve both chests simultaneously. I'm using the word 'tasks' very generally here...it could mean more levers activated simultaneously, or perhaps just standing at key points at the right time...who knows. The 'followers' would probably need to be wearing CoH robes at the very least. Dark Summoner gear is the most likely candidate for what the 'followers' need to equip imo. As Lunaspell pointed out early in this thread, some of the CoH gear has profession restrictions, which naturally limits which profs even have a chance at solving this. It's conceivable that your team of 'followers' may need to consist of 1 of each prof wearing the prof-specific loot (ie. one mp, one keeper, etc...). Theppy provided a pretty good list of loot and their prof reqs in post #32.

Sil's cryptic AOVault-interview answer makes me think again that they are in fact working as intended, otherwise (I say again) it is remarkably cruel to encourage/allow players to waste countless hours trying to solve this puzzle. Since Sil himself wrote the AOVault guide on CoH, prior to working for FC, I would honestly be surprised if he would allow us to continue in this manner if they were broke, or otherwise unopenable.

Sil mentions the chests in his guide:
    A On lower floor, near Bane's Chamber, there is a small room with a treasure chest that advises it cannot be opened. On the upper level, this is where the Eclipser will spawn that attempts to distract people trying to get through the door after the switch is pulled at iii.

C The chamber behind the Kizzermole pathway, in which a team can see Dark Summoners and another chest, can be accessed by jumping to the top of the waterfall here.

I hope we don't solve this someday only to find out that it gives you a warp to ely or some stupid crap like that.
    Last edited by Vlain; Aug 1st, 2006 at 10:36:39.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

It is baffling to me why an answer cannot be given to whether something in the game that is suspected to be broken is in fact broken. A simple 'yes, it is working as intended' does not give anything away, it only increases the community's fervor to seek out the solution to the mystery. People log in, people play. People that are bored and thinking of cancelling find reason to keep going. It sends the message that the game content is well managed and the customers are important.

The message that was sent regarding these chests in the interview didn't communicate any of those things to me, although Silirrion seems like a really good and decent person. It doesn't seem like he was deliberately trying to frustrate people, yet that's what I'm feeling like. Not sure about the community relations focus for Funcom.

well, seeing as how FC wouldn't really give us a straight answer, it has to be something really big, that we hav to find out on our own.

if we know the real history of CoH, we could get a better view of the situation and try and see what the chests might do.

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...
    -[Clan OOC] Phatsam: <g0atb0t> What's ADD stand for? Attention Deficit LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

He actually said that?!

COME ****ING ON! We're not asking FC to bend over and give us phatz, we're not asking for a GM to come and open the chests, we're just asking for a GODDAMNED YES OR NO! What does it take to get an ANSWER around here?!

SUMMARY: Can the chests be opened? YES or NO. DON'T tell us how. DON'T tell us what they contain, just tell us if we're wasting our time and money TRYING!
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

October 7th, 2005 is when this thread was started. Here we are, nearly a year later... And nothing from Funcom.

Customer service at it's best. "Let's twist their little minds into pretzels, that'll keep em coming back for more!" Not...
    Borehound - Member of Coven of Hunters

Alts
    Sachiel - Engineer
    Jeraphen - Meta-Physicist
    Tabris - Keeper

Bump, would be great if Funcom could drop us a line, without being "cryptic" about it.

These is a weird sword/portal in ely I believe, out on the brink where the hecklers are. Dunno what it is or anything. Havent been there in ages. These is also the new area in the subway (I never read about what was goin on with it).

Maybe using the lever in the Temple (or talking to the floating dude after u kill the beast) Opens the chests? Can he provide clues to our problem? Trying to open all of the chests at once?

Also, those Dangerous containers from Catacombs, can be hacked and turned into couple different items. Can't recall what though.

Head of an Immortal from hecklers?

I dunno, just a couple thoughts. ./shrug

Bump, as I am curious ;p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore
    Bump, would be great if Funcom could drop us a line, without being "cryptic" about it.

These is a weird sword/portal in ely I believe, out on the brink where the hecklers are. Dunno what it is or anything. Havent been there in ages. These is also the new area in the subway (I never read about what was goin on with it).

Maybe using the lever in the Temple (or talking to the floating dude after u kill the beast) Opens the chests? Can he provide clues to our problem? Trying to open all of the chests at once?

Also, those Dangerous containers from Catacombs, can be hacked and turned into couple different items. Can't recall what though.

Head of an Immortal from hecklers?

I dunno, just a couple thoughts. ./shrug

Bump, as I am curious ;p
    That would be Excaliburs end. if you look closely enough you will also see a half buried Portal such as you find in ERGO's cave. to the best of my knowledge nothing special drops there nor is there anything really special about it at all other than being a nice little spot for leveling

New subway area is just a dead end with some nice scenery as far as I have been able to determine

Head of an immortal is part of a broken / outdated quest
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

The thing that I find weird is that they could just introduce new content, put a new mob in those areas, announce that it was bugged previously, or many other things.

By now adding a new area should be easy with the years of experience they have. Why not spend a patch tying together some of the stubbed content, such as this crate, the teleporter in the subway, Excal's end, many of the little tiny shrines and sights around the various playingfields.

It seems it would not be hard to find out where people want new content, just have a quick perusal through the forums and look for places where people have said "what does this do" or "it would be nice if more doors in the cities worked" and "what about the abandoned cities?"

It would be fun to revisit some of these areas because in the patch notes there is the oh so cryptic: "something has happened in the crypt of home"

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity
    It seems it would not be hard to find out where people want new content, just have a quick perusal through the forums
    To her credit, Yngvild did let players vote on which SL zone to make quests for next on her blog site. And 16.3 does promise some storyline answers to the inferno/pand storyline.

Not that this excuses FC's continued refusal to declare if the chests can be opened or not...but it is nice to know that they respond to our input sometimes.

I'm still not sure if they're even getting the point that we don't want them to solve it for us...we just want to know if it is even possible to open them. FFS...if they can't be opened through any current game mechanic just tell us so everyone can move on.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Alright..i went into CoH and i found those symbols you were talkin about Blackdog. here's two pictures. the first one is on the door entering the room next to the throne room. the second picture is the throne door.

Door

Throne Room Door

Both of the above are the same.

Behind Throne Room Door
    It has an "A" on the other side of the Throne Room Door.
    I'll try and translate them now.
    Last edited by Arrone; Aug 4th, 2006 at 00:38:39.

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...

hmm..hard to translate..

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...

yeah i am getting like _ _ _ gy_n_l cian / vian

I can't find anything that matches up with this, and there are glyphs that don't have a representation that I could find at
    http://ao.stratics.com/content/shado...unes/index.php
    i do see the A on the button, and if you check there is a hairline around it like it is a button, can this be pressed?

ANi.
    Last edited by Animosity; Aug 3rd, 2006 at 22:34:07.

well, it's a door. it's on the side where Cerubin is. and yea, i only got the
    _ X G Y X N _ I | _ _ _ B for the doors. i think we're on the verge of completing the rune alphabet i'm gona log in with higher graphics so it'd be clearer.

EDIT: I killed cerubin and found more rune letters behind him. four symbols.

Overview of area where Cerubin is.

Left side of the pillar

Right side of the pillar

Behind the pillar

BTW: all i got from that is. what could the other part be? i find that weird box symbol all the time in the others. if we knew wat it was we could figure it out.

Also! a suggestion, if you look at the overview, you see another aban (A) letter at the top. and if you take a look at "Behind the pillar" you see a "V" behind it. perhaps those could be in the middle of the four letters meaning, "G X A V N I" or "G X V A N I" according to Blackdog, X=that weird box symbol thingy.

other than that, excluding the "V" and "A", this is wat i got:
    G X N I
    Last edited by Arrone; Aug 4th, 2006 at 01:08:46.

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...

btw, i see the same markings on the doors in 3 differnt places.

My Favorite Quotes:
    -S**t Happens...

ok, got screen shots of all of the markings in #9s place I didnt think of looking around the beast room itself, seems so stupidly simple for that. also, #9 has writeing on him but I cant get a good screenshot of it. I'll have an enf take a pic of it next time. I'll see if I cant traslate what #9s shell says
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Could the letters it reveals be some kind of glyph application order - What I was thinking was bout the the X - xum. If there was some kind of glyph stacking or application order to the box that would be some kind of madness, unfortunately without a full glyph translation it would be up to anyone's guess.

Is there a correlation between the glyphs and the letter, with the unknown symbles being shown by the untranslated glyphs?

Anyone else can follow this line of reasoning?
    How many tradeskill processes are there for gray glyphs - one for each weapon type, or is there an extra tradeskill?

ANi.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast