Page 1 of 38 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: mysterious chests in CoH

mysterious chests in CoH

This has been bothering me for quite a while , there are 2 weird chest i can't open in Crypt Of Home, one by the boss bane and the other close to the demon u "spawn" by pulling the lever.

I do get this text when i try to open it, but it really dosen't help me much.

"A whispering voice in your head: ...You are not Cerubin, my master. I am not allowed to answer your request...."

Soo, does anyone know how to get it open?

bump for this i have no idea might try googling some guides l8a :P

what's the name of the object?
    Numbfreeze, 208 NT Numbfreeze's Stuff (auno) Numbfreeze's Stuff (aodb)

Quote Originally Posted by fc_ProXimA
    I've only tested this with the server in the next room at a 100mbit connection, wihtout anybody else on the server.

Ive wondered the same thing for along time, there are 3 I can think of in COH, tried all different methods of opening them. And anyone I have asked does not know either.
    /me Tickles yo0

from my experience you don't get the message "A whispering voice in your head: ...You are not Cerubin, my master. I am not allowed to answer your request...." every time, sometimes you click them and nothing happens, sometimes you get the message

bump for answers

wouldn't surprise me too much if this was "broken" as other parts of the game, could we get some GM comments on it ?

Maybe try using some cerubin loot on them? The Spirit tech circlet maybe?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I think its just decoration

When CoH was patched in, a number of people (myself included) were testing every item drop from there, right clicking on the chest with them and wearing them (and many combinations of the items being worn) and we didnt even get a t-shirt for our efforts
    Lynyah - 211/11 Solitus Clan Fixer
    Proud Member of Genesis (RK2)

Quote Originally Posted by Boinky
    you can ride around on the TOtW Train and ride the Taraesque (it's a rollercoaster).

Has anyone ever tried getting someone to right-click both of them at the same time, like the levers to open the main door of the dungeon? (Or is there more than two chests? All I know is the one down by Bane and by the sewers...)
    Feurix 220/22 Enforcer :: Naphalus 131/16 Engineer :: Geruka xxx/xx Soldier

General of Asgard.

[Team] Galdethi: "Feurix is tanking? ok sure *runs to save* yeah ill brt!"

Removed a few off topic posts.
    Forums Coordinator Windam
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Community Relations
    Forums Moderation

~~ Social Guidelines ~~
    ~~ ARK Public Website ~~

I was in there yesterday, in the room by the waterfall the box in there when you "use" it opens the door in the sewers.

Edited to add this: http://aowiki.net/Crypt_of_Home
    Last edited by Coldas; Oct 10th, 2005 at 12:05:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldas
    I was in there yesterday, in the room by the waterfall the box in there when you "use" it opens the door in the sewers.
    Umm no, the doors are opened by the lever earlier, it also spawns one pit demon to the cave.

Or then it has been changed, haven't been there for a while.
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Quote Originally Posted by Janat
    Umm no, the doors are opened by the lever earlier, it also spawns one pit demon to the cave.

Didn't see any levers and I don't think my team mate pulled any (could be wrong though).

This is correct. I was there one week ago, pulled the lever. It spawns the d00de, and opens the mid-door in the intersection before you go past all the kissermoles.

After entering this door, you will find it easy(pulling one more lever), to get into boss.
    Atlantean:
    Crimsor lvl 220/14 Nanomage Doc (clan) - Active
    Pung lvl 215/13 Atrox MP (clan) - Gone
    Badorde lvl 205/6 Atrox Adv - Semi-active

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMac
    Also if you are melee you get the irony of being an axe wielding tree. What was Funcom thinking?

funny... i havent been able to get that lever to "pull" for some time now. everytime i try it says i cant use this item right now.
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Quote Originally Posted by Russm
    funny... i havent been able to get that lever to "pull" for some time now. everytime i try it says i cant use this item right now.
    that just means the door is already open
    Wasted time: 220, 220, 213, 211, 191, 187, 182, 175, 140, 94, 60, 55, 52, 31, 25
    Big bad neutral addict

Funny how easy theads go off topic.

So whats the deal with these chests, I also tried different combinations to open them.

any official reply prehaps? i.e 'working as intented' or...

are we all barking up the wrong tree.

please post the different methods/combinations youve tried here.
    /me Tickles yo0

In reference to the one by Bane and the one under the waterfall, tried a few things with no results.

Hitting both at the same time just gave both people the same message.

Hitting either one wearing a spirit tech circlet, collar, anillo, cloak of the revoked, necro robe all had no change. Also tried as many combinations of those items didn't change the results.

Not attempted with the veil of the revoked, the shape shifter's vest or the tentacle items, though...

From the inscription, i had figured that it had something to do with dressing up as Cerubin, but no luck so far.

If I remember correctly someone from FC (CZ maybe) tried it and confirmed that chests work as intended..
    Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Oho my good man. Perhaps – and of course good sir this is only suggestion, but a most earnest one at that, I can assure you – a fine gentleman such as yourself might be forthwith moved to transfer ownership of the contents of your inventory to a handsome and deserving chap, namely myself, in a timely fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Koi
    If I remember correctly someone from FC (CZ maybe) tried it and confirmed that chests work as intended..
    That helps a lot. "working as intended" might mean that they can't be opened or that they can, just players didn't figured out how yet. On a side note, players have been feed wrong information by FC employees in the past. So unfortunatly even if comeone from FC comments on something, it doesn't mean info is correct.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Page 1 of 38 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast