Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Foremans Quests

No mentions of the Custom Desert Reets. Do they still drop from the director?

Saw

Chilled,

I give it a big thumbs up. I had lots of fun doing the missions, and even stopped and helped out other so I could fine tune the guide. The mission chain tells a nice story and really sets the mood and background for the whole place. If you've done the "beacon warp to office and camp" thing before, you'll get a kick out of exploring the whole place. The story and missions inter-relate, and some information comes out about why Biomare is in such a sad state of affairs.

The missions force you to explore and leave and re-enter, so don't do it too close to level 100 or you'll get locked out half-way through. The xp from the missions adds up to quite a bit. Also, it's not a bad leveling spot now, the mobs give good xp, and are challenging when green.

If you're in the mission chain and you have a mssion time out, you can just go back to the doctor/investigator and pick up where you left off. I had the "kill director" mission time out on me due to logging off, and was able to pick it right back up when I talked to Dr. Lincoln again.

But if you blow the mission chain, by getting the security card before talking to Dr. Lincoln/Ace Starr, you *will* have probelms. The card mission NPCs allow you to do their missions, but you don't get the return item unless you have the starter mission running. If you get the starter mission after getting the card, you either have to redo the card missions or risk permanently hosing the mission chain.

That's about the only flaw that I ran across, due to it happening to a teammate. So I'm really happy that I didn't level out of range (I purposely dragged my leveling shoes for a couple of weeks) and got a chance to explore. The revamp adds some great game play elements. I hope it now becomes a rite of passage to make your way through there.

That's my 2 creds, have fun with your alts.

P.S. Yes the CDRs still drop from the Director. Drop rate has improved, but I won't say 100%.
    The fixer way: Root, scoot, shoot, loot.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7
    Briefcase - Cratz0r 127/7

On clan side, after getting the alpha id card, you have to rescue the analyst. The mission is the same as omni one.

Note : First of all, guards will spawn outside the room and run in at several points. When started, 2 soldier guards will run in from east. Around the SW corner, 2 melee guards from north and near the exit a gunbeetle.
    Btw, I'm pretty it's a not reflect but a nuke thrown when her target is a player, like the apf rookie or xeno squad (except for xenos they suicide).
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

in the biomare omni base, at the top of the mini outpost in the middle fo the place there's a neutral guy asking for tissue samples. Is that a guy to see for the "neutral version" of the quest?
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

No, neutrals have to choose either the Clan or Omni investigator. Best bet is to go with the Clans because their investigator is just North of Biomare, and faster to get to.

I think you're talking about Dr. Quinton Romulus, who is the mission starter for Doctors on the Jack Legchopper mission.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

Edit ::: I figured out what to do with the SD Power Core.
    you need to take it into the section with the Lab Director and TIM, int he circle room closer to tim there is a crat bot looking mob, give him the core and he will power up and start opening the containment areas there, releasing 5 mortiig looking mobs and 2 scorpid mobs, the scorpid mobs dropped the Recapture Beacon. which warps you from borealis to foremans. the mortiigs didnt drop anything for me when i killed them. Happy hunting all im havin tons of fun with the new biomare
    Last edited by HeckNoob; Sep 26th, 2005 at 01:46:34.
    Celphi 220/15/45 Doctor

thanks HeckNoob, added to guide!
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

now to find where those damn delta cards drop
    Celphi 220/15/45 Doctor

It was posted that they didn't find them on testlive, so I bet they're not in game. :/
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

Looks like you used "Replace All" on the word quest to change it to mission.

Examples: The words 'questioning' and 'requested' are currently reading 'missionioning' and 'remissioned'. Just makes it a bit hard to read.

Great guide though.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

ok, I got my Alpha clearance...now where do I find/get 'damaged id' cards from to upgrade to Beta, Gamma, etc?

...btw, I didn't get a token(clan) when I gave Ace Star the info log. I completed my Alpha id before leaving biomare to talk to him. I did start the quest by talking to him originally. Did I do the ID card out of order and mess up?

Neco:

Fixed, thanks.

Conquest:

Added a section about finding the damaged cards, hope it helps! As for your token, I got one on the Omni side. Dunno about the Clan side, I haven't take a Clan toon thru the mission chain yet. As long as you can get the next mission from Ace, you're on the right path.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

so, how docs are suggested to do theirs ring quest now, if theirs NPC is in biomare dungeon ?
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Anyone tried to map the dungeon with points of interests on it?

I mean, I sure like exploring it, but.. the round room where TIM is.. doesn't help me at all lol :P I could search the whole dungeon but I'd create one of those very big trains

Ok, got my Gamma upgrade before getting back to this topic. Found Beta on Guards at ramp leading up to the Lab section. Got the Gamma card from Guards in Lab area where the computers are.

More info on Medic Tanks...I found two on back-to-back kills of Neutralizers before the Lab area...first ones you come to before the Teleport.

Drakinash,

Once you've been in, the landmarks are pretty easy to spot. After the last golfball, you make your way thru a room, then a hallway that has the round rooms to your left. Going straight leads you to TIM's area. (Which we now know what it's job is thanks to the mission - TIM is a mutant disposal machine.)

I think some of the sites with guides to the old Biomare have maps. The layout's the same, just with golfballs in the places that you already know about.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

Haa, never been there before the patch, didn't know the layout was the same... thanks

Excellent guide. Now we just need to remove hecklers from the game for a while so I will have other players at Foreman's when I go to explore.

RK2 Foremans usually only has 3 people there including myself!
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

Bump this thread if you'd like to see this guide added to the Knowledge Base Bookmarks list of AO guides.

Thanks!
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

bump
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast