Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Foremans Quests

New Foreman's Missions

There's lots of strange happenings going on in The Longest Road, and it seems to center around a certain renegage Biological Materials Reseach center. Which is hidden within the innocent looking Foreman's office of a Omni-Tek mining operation.

Both OT and Clan investigators are looking into what's been happening, and they request your help! OT seems to think that the nano-virus that infected Phillip Ross might have come from Biomare. It's up to you to get the relevant information back to the investigators.

General Info

You can now get to the Foreman's office via the whompah system. The direct route is from 2H0. How you get to 2H0 is your business. Clanners can run/fly from the Bliss whompahs, and there's a fixer grid exit near the entrance to mining crater. (If you're using the fixer grid to get there, you don't need me to tell you which exit.)

Yes, this is an OT facility. There are OT guards that occasionally wander by and shoot at a clanner that just escaped with his/her life. Plan accordingly. Best is to run back inside, because if you get flagged you could really screw things up for you team, especially with pets around. (Hopefully the problems with teammate flags will get fixed soon.)

Omni Missions in Biomare
    See next post for Clan specific information.

Omni Investigation Mission

AKA "How to keep the guards from aggroing you."

NPC Dr. Hercules Lincoln near the whompahs in Outpost 10-3 (Pos: 1135, 2375) gives mission to deliver a report to NPC Efficiency Expert Linda Osmos inside Biomare.

Mission Log:
    Omni-Tek has been able to place an informant inside the Biological Materials Research facilities. Deliver the Systems Monthly periodical to Efficiency Expert Linda Osmos and return immediately with the weekly progress report she will give you.

Linda Osmos is at 150x365, in a dead end room with2-3 robots. Careful with trains here. From the reception room go right in the next room and follow it to the dead end.

Linda's Missions

From Linda Osmos you'll get 4 missions, but have to return to her after each one. They revolve around cleaning the scum from the sewer pips. If you don't know where the sewers are, read her dialog, she tells you.

1. Disable six security cameras. (The camera will disappear when disable, you need to find 6 seperate cameras. They line each side of the long hallways from the "+" room.)
    2. Kill 8 toxic floaters
    3. Kill 8 toxic bloaters
    4. Kill Tri Plumbo (Level 80 sewer end boss.)

The reward is a blank security card and 25k xp. She will also give you a report to take back to Outpost 10-3. (Reward is 20k xp and a token.) If you don't have the "Deliver Systems Monthly" mission running you WILL NOT get the Weekly Report to return. But you still can get the security card and upgrades. To start the mission chain for the Collar of Amplification, go back and talk to Dr. Hercules Lincoln for a deliver item mission.

Now to get your security clearance:
    Linda will tell you to find the Maintence Supervisor Johnson under the bridge after the "golf ball" teleport. When you kill him, loot, and when his corpse rots, a encoder is left behind. Use your blank card on the encoder on the ground (you can't pick it up). The encoder stays around for about 5 minutes so your whole team can get their clearance cards.

To upgrade the card, use a "damaged beta" card on the alpha card to get Beta clearance. Ditto for gamma on beta and delta on gamma. Equip to HUD 1 for umolested access to Biomare.

Each card is good for one level of Biomare. The alpha card works up until the first golf ball, beta after that, and gamma up to the final level incuding the mutants. It seems that delta clearance is a very rare drop and will prevent aggro in the last zone with T.I.M and the Director.

Where to find damaged cards

The first place I fould Damaged Beta cards was in the hallway after the last mutant cave, dropping from security guards/officers. Damaged Gamma cards camed from Bodyguards after the Golf Ball into the directors area. So it seems that you find them in the area after that level of clearance is useful. Which is nice because once you get through an area safely, you'll get a pass to get back through it.

Rescue the Analyst Mission

After returning the report to Outpost 10-3, you have the option to start a "repair" mission. You'll get an encrypted key in your inventory.

Mission Log:
    In the Hangar area of the Biological Materials Research facility in The Longest Road, a data analyst is hiding, waiting for you to help her to get to the nearest emergency exit.

Find Theresa Cameron, and help her get to the emergency exit in the hangar.

(Be very careful of your reflects around her. On one team, she hit a enforcer with a 50k nuke after she took reflected damage. BBQ 'trox. I think the place still smells.)

She is in the SE corner of the hanger (Pos: 255, 35). After you speak to her, she begins walking to the emergency exit. Now anything in the hanger will aggro you. Best to clear it before hand. When she meeps out, she leaves behind a encrypted datacube on the floor. Use your encryption key on it to get a decrypted datacube in your inventory. The datacube will stay on the floor for about 5 minutes for the whole team to finish the mission.

Now you have a return mission to deliver the decrypted datacube to Dr. Hercules Lincoln. When you do so, you'll have the option to do another mission.

Tissue Sample Mission

This is really 3 missions since you hand in each piece seperately. Dr. Hercules Lincoln wants a cardiac, pulmonary, and liver sample from the mutants. If you make a quick run through the mutant caves to get your parts after walking Theresa Cameron out, you'll be time ahead here.

Hand in the parts, and get 60k-90k xp for each part. Now you'll have the option to continue.

Computer Hacking Mission

Mission Log:
    Go to the laboratory area in the Biological Materials Research facility in The Longest Road. There should be computers with stored information on the nano particles used in the testing. Use the Secure Terminal Hacking Protocols to get access to the computers. When you have been able to access the sensitive data, return to Dr. Hercules Lincoln.

These terminals are after the mutant caves and exam room and through yet another golf ball. Use the hacking tool on the computers in the sides of the room until you get a GREEN (Sensitive Data) paper. The purple paper (Routine Data) is just a decoy. Just keep using the hacking tool until a green paper is in your inventory, you might wind up with several purples, no big deal. Return to Dr. Hercules Lincoln with the papers, and you get the last mission.

Kill the Director Mission

Mission Log:
    Go to the Biological Materials Research facility in The Longest Road. Find the lab director and kill him. This will send him to a reclaim terminal at an Omni-InternOps location where he can be questioned about his recent actions and possible connection to the viral outbreak.

The Director is in the usual place, and will probably be up when you get there. A lot less traffic there now. Also he spawns 2 Executive Protectors (ql80) which look like floating eyes. They hit pretty hard for radiation damage, and will respawn if killed - best to mezz them instead. Since he's not being instal-killed on spawn anymore, most likely there will be 2 bodyguards in his office too. So count on the Director plus at least 4 adds.

Once the director is dead each team member will find a "Director's Indentification Card" in your inventory. Return this to Dr. Hercules Lincoln and get your reward: Collar of Amplification and 125k xp.

Bonus Missions:

Kill T.I.M. Mission

See Lab Assistant - Evelynn Shead (Pos: 382.1, 215)

Mission Log:
    Lab Assistant Evelynn Shead has requested your help in shutting off the disposal device known as T.I.M.

Easy enough, T.I.M is level 100 now, and not that bad of a kill. He drops both scopes 100%, too. Reward is 180k xp.

Killer Cargo Bot Mission

After doing the security clearance mission, Linda Osmos has one more job for you. Head to the hanger and kill 3 Heavy Cargo Hauler Bots. For 3k cash/60k xp.

Miscellaneous

Rik-Rak is a hall mob on the way to T.I.M, when you attack, "Lab security devices" come out of the ceiling over the one Rik-Rak is fighting. These things root/stun the player/pet they're over. With a team, someone else can be killing the security devices, to free the main tank. He drops the Assult-class tank armor 100%.

The Blind Eyemutant on the bridge after the Chemical Vindicators dorps the Medic Tank Armor. The drop is not 100% but better than average. This also drops from Neutralizers in the hall past the mutants..

To get the Borealis Recall Beacon, you need a SD Power Core, which drops from any robot mob. You need to take it into the section with the Lab Director and TIM, in the West round room (closer to T.I.M) there is a Data Collector type mob, give him the core and he will power up and start opening the containment areas there. Five mortiig type mobs and two scorpid type mobs are released. The scorpid mobs dropped the Recapture Beacon, which warps you from borealis to Biomare. (It's reported that the mortiigs didnt drop anything.)

Thanks to everyone that helped out or added info during the making of this guide! I couldn't have done it without you!

Edit: 2005-10-12 - Updated for patch 16.0.3.
    Last edited by Briefcase; Oct 12th, 2005 at 20:56:08.
    The fixer way: Root, scoot, shoot, loot.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7
    Briefcase - Cratz0r 127/7

Clan Biomare Quest Info

Clan Missions in Biomare

Read the Omni guide above first, as the missions are mostly the same only with different NPC to talk to. The same warnings apply.

Clan Investigation Mission

AKA "How to keep the guards from aggroing you."

NPC Investigator - Ace Starr who is stationed North of Biomare near some abandoned buildings (Pos: 1855, 1215), gives mission to deliver a report to NPC Maintenance Worker - Rodriguez inside Biomare.

To find Maintenance Worker - Rodriguez (Pos: 280, 365) turn left after the '+' room, and follow the halls to a dead end room.

From here the mission progression is the same as for Omnis, just report back to Maintenance Worker - Rodriguez each time until you have the blank card and report to return to Ace Starr.

The remaining missions are the same as for Omni, just return to Ace Starr each time.
    Last edited by Briefcase; Sep 23rd, 2005 at 21:05:36.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

Linda Osmos quests (150x365)

1. Disable six security cameras.
    2. Kill 8 toxic floaters
    3. Kill 8 toxic bloaters (20k xp, 3520 creds)
    4. Kill Tri Plumbo
    Finne, Keeper 92/2, Omni, rk2
    Gabrel, Doctor 38/2, Omni, rk2

Each type of mob drops a NO DROP UNIQUE body part too, have thus far failed to combine them (maybe I'm missing one).

Side note: Lab Director spawns orb things that hurt now :\ took me by surpise and sent me to reclaim.

Funny seeing mass omnis at foremans now.

I'm so jealous! I love this kind of stuff but I don't have an alt in the right range.. only my twink and if he levels then I'm doomed lol.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

u have to complete the quest with linda to get blank card then kill johnson under the bridage use ur blank ont hat the start combining =)
    AOEngi1989
    TESTSERVER
    Aoma1989 -- 220/19/69
    Aoengi1989 -- 198/8
    Aont1989 -- 192/2
    Aokeeper1989 -- 140/0
    Aoenf1989 -- 115/7
    Aoadvy1989 -- 44/4

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Dead
    sent me to reclaim.
    did not ^^

Yes the end item of the card quest gives you Anti-agg capabilities to the mobs, depending on which lvl you have is how far you can go without getting agg. Ive gotten the Gamma clearence, havnt seen the Delta yet. There are 3 parts that drop off the mutants, liver, pulminary and cardiac (I think those are the names) parts, save them youll need them in your quests later. Im on what I think might be the last part of the quest, to kill the lab director. but as stated before..... hes uber-bad*** now. he HURTS d*****. just barely took him out with a 79 fixer and 84 shade. and that involved a lot of kiting.

EDIT: Completed the quest got the nifty Collar of Amplification, but no Delta access to be seen...... will look a little more I guess.
    Last edited by Ninjamancer; Sep 22nd, 2005 at 07:46:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Gamma clearance is the highest there is [edit: oops, checked DB, there is delta card... dunno about it's whereabouts] (no agg until the 'last' area, where Lab Director/Rik-Rak/TIM is). Got the Collar on my toon yesterday (~12 hours ago), prolly RK2's first to do the quest (omni side)

Data Analyst - Theresa Cameron
    After you have done the quests given by Linda Osmos, you had to return to <start NPC> and take in the report Linda gave. The next quest is to aid Theresa Cameron to nearest emergency exit. She's in the 'second' area, in the Hangar where couple of ships are and the gunbeetles, hiding behind a column. Easy to spot with map upgrades. It's a short walk across the hangar, with few Gunbeetles popping ahead of you. Theresa then meeps out via the exit, dropping the decryption thingy, which gives you the Data Cube asked by <start NPC>. Return to Hercules to get the next quest.

After this, is the 'collect 3 monster parts' quest (beyond next teleport from Hangar), 1st type drops from Alpha Constructs, 2nd type from Shadows, 3rd type from Vindicators. Take these to <start NPC> for the next quest (no need to tradeskill them together).

This time you get a hacking tool, with what you can get some sensitive data. The terminals are far back, in the last area, right after the teleport from TIM-quest NPC. Kill the bodyguards (maybe loot some sweet Gamma-access cards from them), and then use the hacking tool on the computers in the sides until you get a GREEN paper. The purple paper is just a decoy. Return to <start NPC> with the papers, and you get the last quest.

Last but not least, kill the Lab Director. He's in the same old place, pretty easy to kill (L94 doctor+L81 advy team, didn't even break a sweat. Both twinked up tho ;p), return to <start NPC> to get the Collar.

This was done on Omni start NPC, so there might be differences with Clan quest...

Other junk
    The tradeskill process for the broken keys is easy, just add them to your existing key, there might be the order in which you have to add them, don't know.
    Beta Access drops from the security personnel near TIM-quest NPC, and gamma from bodyguards in the last area.

TIM-quest is pretty easy, and only gives 180k XP reward (iiirc). Might want to detour to TIM via Lab Director's office, Rik-Rak is one mean nut (couldn't do a thing about it's 'root', something for someone to figure out) Could be a pretty good guess that Rik-Rak drops the Delta-access card.
    Last edited by Janat; Sep 22nd, 2005 at 08:04:48.
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Rik-Rak is meant to be killed with pet class I think, tried earlier cant see how it should be done, we were 3 and he stunned us all. Yesterday with MP or Engy it was pretty easy so I think thats the key

He drops the enforcer item "Assault-class Tank Armor" (100% sure drop afaik). I dont recall seeing any acces card being dropped buy might have missed the team loot message from some other player.
    Last edited by Synre; Sep 22nd, 2005 at 17:41:24.

when we tested this on Testlive we were unable to find the final clerance or atleast how to get it =)
    TESTSERVER
    Aoma1989 -- 220/19/69
    Aoengi1989 -- 198/8
    Aont1989 -- 192/2
    Aokeeper1989 -- 140/0
    Aoenf1989 -- 115/7
    Aoadvy1989 -- 44/4

Rik-Rak does not aggro you if you are not training any other mobs, at least he didn't with my team. If you have aggro from another mob tho, he will attack. His 'root', or imprisonment, has a health bar and can be killed to remove it, more than one team member can be imprisoned at one time, and he didn't drop a delta card for us either.
    Dr. "Arryan" Row - TL6 Doc - Proud Member of Ring of Destruction

Alts:
    Solarwinds - TL7 Fixer
    Dalineth - TL6 Crat
    Kymona - TL4 NT
    Citruspuff - TL3 MP

Added a few bits and pieces and a warning about starting inside and getting the card before talking to Dr. Hercules Lincoln the first time.

A teammate is having to petition to get quest reset now. :/
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

yeah I too had done the security card quest before talking to lincoln.

You dont need to reset the quest, just talk to linc to start the delivery quest, you will only have a extra card which you can delete.

Yep. My teammate didn't want to do all the Linda missions again. The ARK passed the info to a GM, maybe it'll get sorted out.

Added a few more updates too.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

Investigator - Ace Starr

The Longest Road

Pos: 1853., 1214. Area: Nano canyon.

The director spawns more than just 2 of the floaty eyes. Ive seen up to 8 at a time before. I think that he spawns 2 new ones whenever the other 2 get out of range or 1 dies. Seemed to have the new ones appear while a teammate was off kiting them around to keep from dieing. fortunently they dont really have mcuh speed so you can run to the end of the hall and back and keep them fairly busy without much danger. The bodygaurds have a very fast respawn tho so if you don take out the director quick youll find a couple more guys on your tail that CAN catch up to you and hit you with thier guns....so..... either bring a mezzer or work fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Updated with the info to finish the kill director mission. Also, once you're done, Dr. Lincoln will no longer talk to you.
    --
    Sharza - Fix0r 120/7

Isn't beacon warping disabled now? Since someone said in the auno.org comments ''Im glad theres beacon warp''.
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Briefcase
    Updated with the info to finish the kill director mission. Also, once you're done, Dr. Lincoln will no longer talk to you.

Breifcase, I'm not reading your walkthrough yet because I want this to be a surprise for an alt one day. But I'm curious of your impressions, overall, of the new missions? Fun? Interesting? Also, I wonder how this new game mechanic works out, where you are able to essentially start where you left off, in a dungeon.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast