Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fixer Grid and Fixer Grid (team version) guide (Omni)

Quote Originally Posted by Tirolle View Post
    I did this on a 41 alt recently, and noticed that they had moved Siccoro since the last time I did it.. Whats the deal? Too many people complain about Bazzit's Quest they have to move him? Yet it was Okay when it was just the fixers trying to swim across the water for a timed quest =P

PS Got in a shouting match with some guy, didnt believe Sic had been moved ><
    I just did this last night and he was where the guide had described.

Lol.

Sic has been moved! I'd helped so many people, and done it so many times on my own, that I was doing the quest from memory. He is where the guide describes, but the point I was trying to make is that he has not always been there, in some patch he was moved across the moat. Which is pretty much the entire point of my post, I'm not sure how you missed it?

*!!$# Vanguards!

Just watch out if you come into Old Athen by grid (even yalm) for Omni's - got shot (and killed) immediately upon exiting the grid before I could get up and away...Thus, I recommend save terminal in Omni Ent between the whompas and next to grid access...still able the complete the quest that way.

Not if you get shot a second time. Guard hadn't moved by the time I made it back through.

Very helpfull guide. Was fearing the worst as a clammer, since omni-ent isn't a very friendly place. Was unsure I could do it yalm'less, but since I didnt have the money I tried without. Its a good idear to roll an omni char to check out the city, guard pos etc.. The way to baboons isn't guarded, and is as such easy. This also helped getting to Smokey, since I could cross over from baboons without getting my a*s handed by guards and unicorns. Was a lil jiggy about doing the main quest after having spend almost 3 hours getting the tubes to drop...

With GSF and know where to go/what todo, 9 min almost gave room to shop tho... :P

BTW: Donno if this has been said before, but the grid to BS said above 250... I had to get 251+ to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by _Mepp View Post
    BTW: Donno if this has been said before, but the grid to BS said above 250... I had to get 251+ to enter.
    ok, thanks will fix that if it works that way
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Did it

Did it (as omni). No GSF or other outside buffs, no reckless digitization.

Used 90s grid nano after visiting SmokeyWilly and Brenda Diamond - faster than running back to grid.

Invested all my IP into 251 CompLit. I doubt there is enough time to run+swim from omni whompah in Broken Shores. Especially if it takes a full minute to zone in.

Got killed by guard (Vanguard Commander) in front of the Cup in WA. He was not there when I came back 2 minutes later.

Used Jobe whompah for Sirocco. There is again a guard that patrols along south wall of the city - he wasn't there when I came in, but aggroed me as I was standing next to Sirrocco (& after I got the crystal, thank God).

General advice - scout out all the NPCs, save in Bor, Buff up b4 entering grid.
    Last edited by intelknight; Apr 2nd, 2007 at 00:43:10.

Guard patrols at The Cup and Sirocco

In West Athen, the alley with The Cup and Grid terminal is patrolled by Vanguard Commander. He takes about 2 minutes to walk up and down the alley, and 11 minutes for the rest of the route (total 13 minutes). So if he kills you, wait two minutes and come back.

In Old Athen, Male Watcher patrols between the low wall and the river.
    His route ends quite close to Sirocco - at (290,230). He walks up from the North, stands there for ~10 seconds, then walks back. His route takes 14 minutes.

If you come from Jobe, check for him before you go under the arch in the wall (move camera above your head). If you come from West Athen, watch out for him when crossing the river

PS This is for patch 17.2.1 - things might change in the future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234