Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Grid and Fixer Grid (team version) guide (Omni)

Does Smokey Willy despawn or has he moved?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

as far as i know he never despawns after the conversation, but i never tried if could he be killed or pulled away
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Talking yay

uber guide better than anarchyarcanum did the quest in 2 hour's now working on spawning cyborg's for part 2 as we speak and its a real pain in the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by roxxoro
    uber guide better than anarchyarcanum did the quest in 2 hour's now working on spawning cyborg's for part 2 as we speak and its a real pain in the ass!
    nanana, dont say that.
    thoose guides out there are history, yes they are old, but they are the source most of the current knowdledge of AO
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

hmm

Wondering if this has changed.

I can not get close to the one on top of the rock by any method.

She aggroes me in a yalm no matter how much time I take etc.

Just for my own amusement - I took 15 minutes going down so slowly that it almost made me insane. Still aggroed.

I tried going in fast. Aggro.

Nowhere to hide really.

Anyone else get this to work recently?

I couldn't get to the borgs without calming them either. (This was.. 3 or 4 months back I think)
    Flying up from above fast, or slow, from behind, etc. I ended up getting a Crat and another Fixer to fgrid her and had them calmed for me.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

the most important thing here is to find some place on that rock, that will cover the borgs line of sight, then you have to switch to 3rd person and rotate the camera

you just have to get very close to the rock and try from different angles

if that wont work, you can try to pull her off the rock, to some place where are smaller rocks, that can realy cover you, then instantly grid out then get fixer grid back there as soon as you can and go to the place where you pulled the borg
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

Trying to do the quest now :

1st borg spawn after kiling a Lunaspell.

2nd borg spawn after killing a lunaspell

3rd spot i've killed (SERIOUSLY) 12 lunaspell and still no borg.

This is the most GAY quest in the game !!!

My trick, worked for a dozenish people so far (team fgrid quest)

Set up a hotbar with the follow macro, and the use key button (found in the control panel thing, ctrl+2 i think)

Throw all the other nanos you will need to use too, it just saves time. You know, ruinous jump, fgrid, some nanos, etc.

Oh, turn off auto-attack for fun.

F-Grid in, and target the borg as soon as you can see it. Hit that follow macro and just spam the hell out of the use hotkey. It seems like 100% of the time you will get the NPC dialoge before they aggro you, trade crystal, meep out.

Ohhhhhh, did I mention yalm = required. No shortcuts on this one, and you need that yalm anyways for the second borg on the boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirolle View Post
    My trick, worked for a dozenish people so far (team fgrid quest)

Set up a hotbar with the follow macro, and the use key button (found in the control panel thing, ctrl+2 i think)

Throw all the other nanos you will need to use too, it just saves time. You know, ruinous jump, fgrid, some nanos, etc.

Oh, turn off auto-attack for fun.

F-Grid in, and target the borg as soon as you can see it. Hit that follow macro and just spam the hell out of the use hotkey. It seems like 100% of the time you will get the NPC dialoge before they aggro you, trade crystal, meep out.

Ohhhhhh, did I mention yalm = required. No shortcuts on this one, and you need that yalm anyways for the second borg on the boulder.

Bump for that, was about to give up on my alt after 2 hours of spawning (no calmers on that late at night/early in the morning) till i read this method

Sometimes took 2 tries, but it worked.

Works best if you find which way their looking and then go behind and hit follow, get more of a jump on them. Had one aggro me from max view distance when i came in the direction he was looking :P
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

I just flew up out of agro range, hit /follow and spammed the Use(RIght Click) worked like a charm.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynos72 View Post
    Trying to do the quest now :

1st borg spawn after kiling a Lunaspell.

2nd borg spawn after killing a lunaspell

3rd spot i've killed (SERIOUSLY) 12 lunaspell and still no borg.

This is the most GAY quest in the game !!!
    2nd borg spawned already.
    3rd borg spawned after 3 lunaspells.
    1st borg spawned after 18 lunaspells.

What a way to spend a day

Oh btw that colonel something that spawned after I got the nano...... 200ish or something..... does it drop anything? I went to do org bugs in the middle of killing it and now I am so curious did I miss something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    2nd borg spawned already.
    3rd borg spawned after 3 lunaspells.
    1st borg spawned after 18 lunaspells.

What a way to spend a day

Oh btw that colonel something that spawned after I got the nano...... 200ish or something..... does it drop anything? I went to do org bugs in the middle of killing it and now I am so curious did I miss something big.
    I was wondering that too! i saw the first lvl 200 one spawn so i started to attack it just in time to get destroyed by 5 others including some really high lvl one :P
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

naw, I killed them when I did the quest, and the named ones just drop standard ql200 dyna loot. I got my cyborg board off of one of them, though.

Kaynos - I'm not sure what's particularly homosexual about pointless, frustrating timesinks, but I'll agree with you that the spawn pattern is in direct contradiction with the theme of the quest, which is proving our superior speed. The quest is designed to take, per force, 15 minutes total, and as such, having to spend several hours setting up the 15 minute run is pretty dumb. I know FC loves their timesinks, and I don't mind things taking a while, so long as they're fun. Camping some 20 minute spawn plants isn't fun.

I can't get the bundle of nano tubes to drop after 50+ dog kills and 30+ waste collector kills. Any better ideas?

keep at it ? took me quite some time to get it, like 7 hours or so...
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by freqflyerdent View Post
    keep at it ? took me quite some time to get it, like 7 hours or so...
    That seems a bit ridiculous for a level 40 quest...

Quest can apparently be easily bugged. If you're being attacked while talking to Sirocco, even after you've turned in the crystal, you won't receive anything. And talking to ARK's and GM's just gives you a long wait in a queue and a "sorry". So now I have to start this all over.

i wanted the nano :P

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 10 seconds.

I did this on a 41 alt recently, and noticed that they had moved Siccoro since the last time I did it.. Whats the deal? Too many people complain about Bazzit's Quest they have to move him? Yet it was Okay when it was just the fixers trying to swim across the water for a timed quest =P

PS Got in a shouting match with some guy, didnt believe Sic had been moved ><

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast