Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Grid and Fixer Grid (team version) guide (Omni)

Fixer Grid and Fixer Grid (team version) guide (Omni)

The Fixer Grid

If you are an Omni fixer and want to do the Fixer Grid quest as soon as possible with the least risk, this guide will help you.

To do the quest you need the following items:
    Fancy Doll
    Bundle of Nano-Tubes
    Nano Crystal (Instantaneous Encoding)
    and 75K cash (one of the quest NPC can be bugged so take additional 50K with you)

Recomended skill, equipment and nanos:
    Computer Literacy: 251 (this is a must, without it you can do the quest only with Engineer beacon warp or help from another fixer via the team fixer grid)
    Runspeed: get GSF thats all you need

Reckless Digitization: so you wont run out of time (use this when you are doing final part)

How to get the Fancy Doll:
    (NOTE: you dont have to do this before starting the quest, because in a part of the quest Ofoz will give you a mission to get this itesm, but its good to have it, it saves some running)
    Buy a A Leet Doll from a Toys and Curiousities terminal in a Special Shop.
    Go to Omni-Ent east side a little south-east from the south whom-pah`s, at 941, 361 and talk to the Spiled Brat (Screenshot, Map location) and talk to her.
    Say hello and talk about dolls, and tell you have a leet doll, when she asks for it, give the leet doll to her and you will get a Fancy Doll, and the girl despawns
    NOTE: if she isnt there it means that someone else is doing the quest, so wait for 10 minutes and she will spawn.

How to get a Bundle of Nano-Tubes:
    (NOTE: you dont have to do this before starting the quest, because in a part of the quest Ofoz will give you a mission to get this itesm, but its good to have it, it saves some running)
    Exit from Rome Blue to galway shire and to to the Junkyard at 504, 1021 (Map), and kill Mechdogs and Waste collectors there.
    Waste collerctors are easier but drop rate on Mechdogs is better.
    If you cant kill Mechdogs, try collectors or ask for help from other players.
    NOTE: the mechdogs are social mobs so if you attack one all nearby mechdogs will aggro you.
    NOTE 2: this is also a quest item for the Alvin shoulderpad quest, so other players might be here for hunting.

How to get a Nano Crystal (Instantaneous Encoding):
    This can be bought in Basic shop under the nano crystal section from the Fixer Crystals terminal or can be blitzed from missions (not confirmed).

Starting the quest:

Go and talk to Ofoz in Newland City at 261, 320 (Screenshot, map).
    When he asks if you know ant fixers, say that you are one, and continue on the conversation until he asks for 25000 credit, give it to him.
    After giving him the money you will recive a mission to get a Polluted Instantaneous Encoding Crystal.

Getting the crystal:
    Go to Omni-Ent and talk to Smokey Willy there at 471, 1042 (Screenshot, map) and give him the Nano Crystal (Instantaneous Encoding), and you get Polluted Instantaneous Encoding Crystal.
    Head back to Ofoz and give him the Crystal.
    Now you get another mission to get a Homegrown Crystal Wafers for him.

Getting the Homegrown Crystal Wafers:
    Go to Broken Shores trough the grid (that is why you need 250 CompLit.) and go north-west to the twin pillars at 430, 2216, and talk to Brenda Diamond there (Screenshot, map).
    When she asks for the 50k crdit give it to her (she is the NPC that can be bugged so always have additional 50k in your pocket).
    Head back to Ofoz and give him the Wafers.

Now ofoz will ask for a Bundle of Nano-Tubes (you will get a mission), now you can be happy because you already have it.
    After giving the item to him he will ask for a Fancy Doll.
    DONT GIVE IT TO HIM NOW!!!

Find theese NPC`s first so you will remember where they are (i HIGHLY recomend for you to do this, you will know later why):

1. Smokey Willy - you already know where he is
    2. Sally Tall - Meetmedere at 1478, 2761 - go trough grid here (Screenshot, Screenshot)
    3. Brenda Diamond - you already know where he is
    4. Coco - in a pub, named The Cup in West Athen at 452, 414 near the grid exit (Screenshot, Screenshot)
    5. Dancing Fool - in a club name The Baboons in Omni-Ent at 765, 761 - the easiest way here is to go to a player city and enter the whom-pah that says "The Baboons" on the top (Screenshot, Screenshot)
    6. Sirocco - Old Athen at 282, 208 but getting to him is hard, here is the safest way to him: exit to WEST ATHEN (not old) via grid and go to Old Athen on THIS WAY, upon entering run RIGHT and try to jump ove the water there (WARNING there are guards) so guards are forced to swim and you can loose them and follow THIS ROUTE, when you get to the next part, where you have to jump over the water do it THIS WAY (Screenshot).

After you have visited all of theese NPC`s head back to Ofoz.
    After you give him the Fancy Doll you will get a Incomplete Grid Hacker Crystal you have 9 minutes to visit all of theese NPC`s (the timer will reset to 9 minute if you visited the NPC and he/she upgraded you crystal).
    Visit them, talk to them and when they ask give them the Incomplete Grid Hacker Crystal.
    After giving the crystal to Sirocco, you will get you reward:

NanoCrystal (Hack Grid Data Stream)
    and
    Hacker Club Member Chip
    Last edited by darthgedo; Jan 26th, 2007 at 14:11:28.
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

The Fixer Grid (Team)

If you already done the quest for the Fixer Grid and reached level 100 (the level 100 requirement for completing the mission is not confirmed, but if you want to be 100% sure, do the quest at level 101) you can do the quest, that lets your team too to access the Fixer Grid.

To do the quest you need the following items:
    Hacker Club Member Chip

Starting the quest:

Go and talk to Sirocco in Old Athen, at 282, 208 (Screenshot), and when he asks for the Hacker Club Member Chip, show it to him.
    He now gives you a Incomplete Grid Hacker Crystal and asks you to visit a few cyborgs and give them to attune it.
    But, again before you give it to him, you should do a little groundwork, to make the quest a little bit easier.

Visiting the Cyborgs:
    First of all, the Cyborgs you have to vist are the following (in order):
    1. Cyborg Grid Jumper - Southern Artery Valley, at 1737, 1177, 7th floor, middle exit in Fixer Grid, near the big rock (Screenshot, Map)
    2. Cyborg Grid Hacker - South Foul Hill at 1529, 3165, 7-R Fixer Grid exit, on the top of the big rock (Screenshot, Map)
    3. Cyborg Grid Fixer - Southern Artery Valley, at 2741, 1231, 7th floor, middle exit in Fixer Grid, and fly directly east to the big waterfall, or exit trough the 7-L and fly west from there (Screenshot, Map)

But, again visiting him isn`t that easy also, because they immadiately disappear if someone gives them the Incomplete Grid Hacker Crystal, and they are not always spawned.
    If they are not there you might find a very aggressive plant, named Lunaspell (Screenshot) at their position, which stands as a placeholder, one for each of the Cyborgs.

If you kill a lunaspell, there is a chance for the corresponding Cyborg or Lunaspell to spawn (NOTE: the spawn chance of the Cyborgs are not 100%) after about 20 minutes, but if after killing the Lunaspell another plant spawn instead of a Cyborg, reapeat the process again.

After all cyborgs are spawned, you can talk to Sirocco, to start the quest, and visit the cyborgs, but establishing a conversation with them isn`t an easy thing, as they will aggro you if you are in their level range.
    You can do 2 things to initiate a conversation with them:

1. Ask an NT/MP/Bureaucrat/Trader/Adventurer friend to calm them, now you can easily talk to them
    2. Equip a Yalmaha, and try moving around the cyborg, so there will be something in the line of sight of the cyborg, but you can stand close to him, without getting aggro, then switch to 3rd-person mode (if you havent done already), and try rotating/zooming with the camera until you can click on the cyborgs.
      This way you can finish the quest without outside help.

After talking to each Cyborg, they will upgrade you crystal, and the last one, Cyborg Grid Fixer will give you your reward:

NanoCrystal (Hack Grid Data Stream (Team))
    Last edited by darthgedo; Nov 30th, 2005 at 22:14:57.
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

Nice guide. A few notes from my experience:

- Very useful things to have: people map upgrade, Reckless Digitalization, a yalm

- 250 CompLit is not necessary, especially with a yalm. You have plenty of time to take the Rome grid exit and Broken Shores whompa and just fly over. You probably even have enough time to leg it w/o yalm (get GSF first just in case) although I have not tried this myself.

- I believe that the Instantaneous Encoding crystal is available in Advanced stores, not Basic.

- Baboons player city whompa is a great suggestion for clan fixers, but omni/neut fixers without an org city may find it easier just to grid to Omni-Ent and run/fly.

- With a yalm, Omni can easily grid to Old Athen and then fly up immediately as soon as you zone in. Another option is to use the Jobe whompa to Old Athen.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

didnt added Yalmaha because this guide is mainly designed to help thoose fixers who does not have a yalmaha
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

Retired Doc Professional
    This would be a good thread to sticky....

I found that, for players without yalms, what works is to get a fixer to team fgrid you, and take the old athen grid exit. then, use a sparrow flight nano to fly across the river there (since your gridded right across the river from soccoro, and the guards will pwn you if your omni)

Also, at level 40, alot of fixers wont have reckless digitalization. at the very least, they should have grid phreak and some nano init (+any nano init buffs), which is helpful for people like brenda and smokey

It might also be worth pointing out that ofoz mentions that he wants a grid phreak crystal, but actually requires the instant encod. (which is much more expensive)

Oh, and also - its a lot longer (and more dangerous, if i remember correctly) of a walk from the rome whoompa than it is from the grid.

Retired Doc Professional
    Or, pay a nice engi to fly there himself and then warp you right to sirocco :-)

If you turn right immediatly after zoning in to OA from WA, there is a slight ledge along the wall next to the water, jump to it and run like hell. GSF is a must btw.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

well if i remember correctly ive done the quest just right when i reached 250 in complit, without outside buffs, without outside help, and i realy didnt needed reckless digitization (but i had it, im a nanomage fixer so that helped with nanoskills), coz the normal gridding nano takes 1,5 minute to cast and you have then 7,5 minute to go to the NPC, and if you know where theu are its easily accoplishable

oh and i`ve done it without GSF, as i remember i had a lower speed buff
    Last edited by darthgedo; Sep 2nd, 2005 at 06:27:28.
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

Quote Originally Posted by darthgedo
    well if i remember correctly ive done the quest just right when i reached 250 in complit, without outside buffs, without outside help, and i realy didnt needed reckless digitization (but i had it, im a nanomage fixer so that helped with nanoskills), coz the normal gridding nano takes 1,5 minute to cast and you have then 7,5 minute to go to the NPC, and if you know where theu are its easily accoplishable

oh and i`ve done it without GSF, as i remember i had a lower speed buff

Masochist
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

I did the fgrid quest part one yesterday.

The fgrid is sooooo beautiful! I will never exit it!!! My precious fgrid!!!!!

Did it after a failure during the weekend... But it's nice to have done it and, even if there were few members from my org online at that time, it was a small party on the org channel .

Hail for the king, baby!
    Last edited by Willnotfix; Sep 6th, 2005 at 10:31:21. Reason: I AM AN EDIT FREAK!
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

Great Guide... the one on vault is good too, but omits the second visit to Mz. Diamond. The run along the edge thing saved my bacon (as did a good friend enf who ran into OA from WA, mongo'd, and then ran toward the center of town).

Cheers,
    -W

Question Sirocco missing?

I started the quest this afternoon and everything went fine until I got to the part where I had to give the crystal to Sirocco. He was not there. I have been in the area now for about 20 minutes and he still has not shown up.

Does he disappear after someone gives him the crystal?

I will have to go through the whole process again. Atleast I will know what to do next time.

Thanks for the guide also...it has been a great help.

Update: I completed quest and now can surf the fixer grid....Thanks
    Last edited by Claurtin; Sep 20th, 2005 at 17:56:54.
    Claurtin

Member of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

I'd say this is the best Fixer Grid guide yet.... especially the pictures because it took me several test runs running around athens to find Sirocco, being an Omni I grided in and ran about like a chicken with its head cut off avoiding the guards but the river had me stumped until I read a guide....

I used the the Anachy Arcanum guide when I did it back at level 40 something (47or 49 cant really remember).... I didn't use any exta gear/nanos than I already had, pretty much just Hack Grid Vector.... I DID have some financial backing from a friend though to assist me in my purchases of at least 4 Instantaneous Encoding Nanos and the leet dolls.... thanks go to Ladylight for that...

Oh and the map upgrade - people is very, very, very and just one more time with feeling, VERY useful...
    Draeger/Rimor/Fixer | Sunglasses are a religion....

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink
    It's actually a bannable offense for a fixer to wear a helmet other then Shades, skinchips, or a circlet...
    Pafpuf - I'm not much of a roleplayer, but damn this sentance rocked

Can you get a screeny of Smokey Willy's location?

fixed
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

Just completed the quest with this guide, and it work out perfect. Didnt find a high enough fixer for GSF tho ... so I had to use a little lower runspeed buff.

With the guards and all, I'd say this mission is easier as Clan (especially if you have access to a player city with Whompa's to Baboons/Rhompa, as there is no omni guards between Baboons <--> Spoiled Brat or Baboons <--> Smokey Willy

you dont have to be in the city`s owner org to use the whom-pahs there
    The immortal one is me.
    gorkamorka!

For clans there is a city in Stret West Bank(Reet Retreat/Last Ditch) on the hill to the north with a City Whompa to Omni-Ent...This worked great for me...

Also from West Athens I ran to another City Whompa in Athen Shire near the ruins where everyone hunts for shoulderpad parts...It is sorta south west.

I did all the running with Grid Runner and swiftness buffs....
    Claurtin

Member of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

Numbfreeze, 208 NT Numbfreeze's Stuff (auno) Numbfreeze's Stuff (aodb)

Quote Originally Posted by fc_ProXimA
    I've only tested this with the server in the next room at a 100mbit connection, wihtout anybody else on the server.

Thumbs up ^^Bumped

Great guide... easy to do at low(40-50ish) lvl. had no yalm so got 420 run buff...
    had plenty time for each person on the 9 min run. for sl omni-players i can recommend the jobe whompa.
    tried the other route too... can be difficult to get out of water i u panik :P... dot still doable with only runbuff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast