Thread: Highest Evades possible?

Highest Evades possible?

Alright, absolutely 0 ip set into tradeskilling, I used an emulator to distribute ip a bit and basically, as an opifex 220, you'd be royally screwed in some areas, but I'm looking for general ideas, no one has to give what there stats are but any ideas or thoughts on how high u can twink it WITH aad included? I'm thinking with trickle down, aad implants, full 300 CSS, pande phatz, notucomm, ect, u can probably push the 2600 scene (thats with aad) but *shrug* it could very well be higher but I don't know the limits so someone please enlighten me! I want ideas!

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

engineer base evades for an opifex at 220 are 1004/844/1164 dodge/evade/duck.

Given that there is no generic perkline for evades and you can probably get max of 500ish evades from equip I don't see where you get an extra 1.1K AAD from.

Even with a setup aimed purely at evades and AAD I figure and engineer would have (at best) 1.7-2k effective defensive rating depending on evade class. However going purely for evades will loose you a load of AAO and other bonuses, and you'll still get perked by most classes, but you'll have a harder time perking people.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Not sure if he meant the keeper, the MA or any other forum, but definitly not the engi one. Zedy, ask a mod to warp you to the proper forum please.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado

Hahaha, soo true. If yer seriously lookin at an evades engi that is...
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=40672

y would u bother tho? max is about 2.1 and thats only on dodge ranged, maybe a bit more with trickle.... get stare and RI... ur still screwed :P

thats the best setup i could come up with @ 2 in the morning and no idea if an opi can equip those syms - just random qls

oh and dont forget spending ip for 1500 dimach? oO

don't even bother...everyone will still perk you...and miss you ....once....
    Trussafoobik 215/21 Omni Fixer Equipment Pic
    Afnoks 209/14 Omni Engineer Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Odewad
    The lag is as bad as advertised. And guess what...?? I can reproduce it.
    The lag is at it's worst right after I log on ... and seems to get better right after I log off.

ffs talk about flammage haha, yes i did mean the engie forum it was an idea but so much for it, and the idea of evades wasn't really to evade perks but to evade hits...so many these days are concerned with perks landing but i've always been about stopping that consistent hit. anyways so much for the idea

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Problem is, the only people with a sufficient perk alpha to pose a threat to engineers, such as keepers, Enforcers, Advs etc will already have a LOT more AR than you have evades. Given that I still land regular hits on 220 fixers (far from all the time, but enough) there's no way you're going to be missing the regular hits enough to notice any significant difference.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Was this about pvp? I can really see the benefit of evades in pvm. I doubt you can evade any of the high-AR profs in pvp, but with blinds running, you don't need too much in evades to not get hit in pvm. I haven't maxed any evades (yet), but I put some IP into it and am wearing a few CSS parts. I rarely get critted now, and it feels so much better to be able to be able to evade at least SOME mobs. In lvl250 RK missions, I can just blind now and sit down when I have mobs on me, to let my heal delta work. Or for example I did HI with a friend recently, just for fun and to see how far we could get. This has gotten much easier when I have many adds on me as well. Or when soloing in ado catas and I get a lot of adds. Maybe it's just in my head, but I would swear that surviving got a lot easier with around 1K in evade and dodge. That isn't enough to be of any use in pvp. Yes. I know. But in pvm it definately helps me.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

I remember PvP'ing an Adv in Arena 1 time.Before my perk reset to go into full pvp,my evade was really crappy.Something like 1077/1312/789.Kinda bad =P but well running blind made him almost impossible to Alpha me correctly and he was missing me a lot.If its for Pvm,some evades are important,mainly Evade close,but rarely a mob will miss you in Inferno or even some in Pen.Best way in soloing high mobs,don't run blind since its a little taunt,always run Sotos on your bot..let him take some aggro at the beginning and you wont get hit.
    If its for pvp,mainly boost Dodge range..most of the perk check this skill and always run Blind..unless your in city pvp tho =P for duck exp..nvm about it ^^ One-hander check Duck but with blocker <3 there is no effect.

Prolly not worth maxing evades,if your tradeskills,you know what to do =P but for pvp,max weapon skills,get AS and let the bot do the rest =)

Cheers.

Tal

A lot of SL mob weapons check against "Def. Skills: DuckExp: 100%". Others check doged ranged or evade close. Some even check against Psychic (some spirit weapons).

Kind of like the way they cycle damage types, they also seem to cycle defensive checks.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

If you check out the database, you can see that many monster weapons come in 3 varieties: one with a short range (2m) that checks against evade close, a mid-range attack (10m, MRange in name) that checks against duck and a long-range attack (40m, XLange in name) that checks against dodge. Some mobs have special weapon templates. Spirits check for creepy stuff like their current nano against the opponents max nano or their psychic against your psychic. But they have attacks that follow the above schema as well. Sided mobs seem to check against evade close, even when they shoot. Most other mobs like shadows, Acrocrashes, Eremites, Malahs, Somphos, Kolaana, predators, demons and devourers have their own entries and seem to check for evade only.
    Well, most of that is speculation, ofc, since you cannot easily see which mob uses which weapon to attack. From my experience I'd guess that hecklers use the schema with 3 different ranges, tho. So it makes a difference where you stand. Even when you tank, you might catch aggro from a heck far away and so might have to check against dodge or duck. That might be one of the reasons why a single add can be so deadly. All the in-SL-you-only-need-evade-close tanks get critted and ripped to shreds then. When hunting patterns and random mobs in SL, evade close works fine, same for SL mishes.
    On my advy, I was really lazy with evades and still believed the SL=evade myth. When pulling a heck, I would often get chain critted. At close range, all was well. Might be my distorted perception, but that's why I believe in the 3 ranges for hecks.
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*

Evade-engis are as viable as Lada-racecars.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin
    Evade-engis are as viable as Lada-racecars.
    The awfull thruth! I'm selling of my CSS and going CC. Use yer blinds, evades won't help you crap.

Still tho being 5x critted by MA doc in a row and killed, makes you wish for 2k evades..
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I must have missed that this thread is absolutely only about PvP. Even trying to evade other stuff must be a sure sign of gimpyness. That I understand now.